Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #1

installing water filter, then low to no water pressure.

I've learned a lot since I first asked questions here! Quite the learning curve. here's what happened.
I'm using the city water hook up (right now). I have a 2015 Cedar Creek Cottage CCK. A friend put the water filter into the glass "jar" about a week ago. gradually I've been losing water pressure, and now it's really bad. I have the fresh water tank filled, but water is not getting to the pump. Can not remove the glass "jar", it is on tight. Won't budge.
if I run one faucet for a really long time, like over an hour, the water pressure gets a little better. but when I shut it off, then
on again, back to square one. some pressure when first opening the fauce, and then gone. mi think getting that glass jar freed up would be the place to start. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Zoeneens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #2

the Apple update really messed up my iPad...thus typos, etc.
Old 11-04-2014, 07:53 PM   #3

If you are using the water pump - check the intake hose on pump

Our Crusader had that problem about a month ago....pressure for about five seconds then eventually a trickle

The hose was twisted and kinked like a garden hose gets ...unhooked it, cut off twisted section and put back on at correct angle - PRESTO -awesome water pressure

Unfortunately did not find it until time to winterize when had to remove access panel in basement but all ready for next year even though we only need pump one weekend a year!!
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 09:03 PM   #4

Turn off the city water, open your nearest low point drain. This will relieve the pressure from the canister and make it easier to back off. Remove the water filter, reinstall the canister, check your pressures at each faucet.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:21 PM   #5

Great! it's dark now, will try your suggestions tomorrow.
Old 11-04-2014, 09:39 PM   #6

With low water pressure, one more place to check. Do you have a water pressure regulator between the city water and your RV? Many times they fail and get clogged up and the result is low pressure.
Sbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #7

found the problem. the wrong size water filter was supplied when delivered. found a very local person who can help me...thank goodness! he was able to get the canister off and removed the filter.

Tags
pressure, water, water filter