Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #1

Insurance question (not how much). Who?

Not asking how much to pay (to many variables) but would like to know who you are using and will you continue at renewal???

Looking at MH, 2 cars, 2 homes, and umbrella.

Current carrier has shown me large increase (no claims), we've all been there. Sooo, I'm looking around.
Any suggestions regarding companies (good or bad) greatly appreciated.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:55 PM   #2

Been with State Farm for years. I've checked time to time and have not found any better rate for my cars or RV. Never had acclaim. Hopefully never will.
Decon Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:00 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decon Blue View Post
Been with State Farm for years. I've checked time to time and have not found any better rate for my cars or RV. Never had acclaim. Hopefully never will.

X2,on State Farm.

Paid $3,000 damage claim on my older Cougar, tire failure. With no questions asked.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:14 PM   #4

Geico.

Excellent.

Marty
Old 01-08-2017, 02:20 PM   #5

We are looking also. Are there any to avoid?
chroniekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:21 PM   #6

Allstate for both trailer and truck (as well as house). Did have a claim last year from a hit and run in a parking lot on my '15 Silverado. $1800.00 in damages and Allstate paid with no problems. And so far have not upped my insurance.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:32 PM   #7

Nationwide on everything, ... home, vehicles, and trailer, .... they were more than fair(and quick) when the #2 tt was totaled in an accident two years go,.... we're on #3 tt now and still with them, ...

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:20 PM   #8

AARP HARTFORD they have home cars and trucks and my trailer, needed my TT roof replaced 5400.00 and never blinked, just check on others before my renewal nobody beat them, USSA. Was twice the quote, good sams, all state and the rest where all higher, been with them for 13 years now

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 04:26 PM   #9
Broken Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martsing View Post
Geico.

Excellent.

Marty
X2. Left the usless company known as Progressive years ago and have loved the little lizard ever since then. I have put on and taken off maybe a dozen and a half vehicles since we went with them, all over the phone, without a single issue.

2 claims that we have had (neither RV related) have been easy and agreeable.

Tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:50 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
AARP HARTFORD they have home cars and trucks and my trailer, needed my TT roof replaced 5400.00 and never blinked, just check on others before my renewal nobody beat them, USSA. Was twice the quote, good sams, all state and the rest where all higher, been with them for 13 years now
X2 on AARP HARTFORD, been with them over 10 years. They paid over $20K from tornado damage to our home and close to $5K on roof replacement on our 5er from a low tree branch. Have not raised our rates, very happy with them.
PhoneDude 8289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:51 PM   #11

Just FYI.

Currently with Nationwide (approx 2 years) and auto has increased approx 30% over past 18 months. No claims. Not acceptable.

Talked with AARP (The Hartford) 2 years ago, they gave me quote on everything. Prices were good and had them send me policies. About two weeks later got letter in mail saying they don't cover rental homes. So why did they send me policies (including rental)? Obviously I told them it was a rental during the underwriting process. Fortunately still had two weeks before coverage was to take place so told them never mind don't start coverage.

Just got quote from Geico and wow rates sure look good. They stated that they don't offer "new" customer discounts so rate shouldn't increase after first year just because you're no longer a "new" customer.
BTW, I have found that this is often not disclosed as a discount when you are getting quotes.

Sounds good anyway. Still have some time so any further suggestions appreciated.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:28 PM   #12

I've been with Farm Bureau for about 20 years. They insure everything but my rental house (they don't do modular homes). I check periodically and so far no has been able to touch their rates. I've never had a hassle with claims and the agent actually knows my name when I come in to the office.
mkgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:17 PM   #13

I use Allstate for everything but RV. Use Progressive for RV, Allstate couldn't match VIN's.

Rudy - 10 year old long haired dachshund, RIP
2011 Georgetown 350TS
2013 Chevrolet Equinox toad
RudysWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:47 PM   #14

Something to consider. I use USAA for auto insurance for my DW and my car and toad (since they don't directly cover RVs) and GEICO for the MH. Took my old beater pickup and added it to the GEICO MH policy. That gives me a "multi-car discount" on both policies. Saves a good amount. (Oddly, the MH is still covered under the USAA umbrella policy for damages such as storms, theft, water damage, fire etc. while parked at home.)
Old 01-09-2017, 02:51 PM   #15

State Farm!!! Had our first RV less than a year. Two different incidents, a fire first and then a roof damage caused by a tree. State Farm paid them both quickly and no issues. Both claims totaled over $22000.
With that type of service, I don't dare to look around!!!i have been with them for over 25 years.
carlosepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:12 PM   #16

I understand your pain we all have it insurance companies are worse and the government

I had State Farm for over 40 years and when I got my RV they wanted over $100 a month and I've never had an accident

I looked around and found the best rate on my RV as well as my two cars from Geico

I then went on to have my homeowners checked and save $400 using Geico's policy as well

I don't know if u know it not or not but the owners of Forest River which is Hathaway are the same people that own Geico they know we don't drive our RVs every day and therefore that's reflected in their rates hope this helps let me know if you have any questions
stervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:34 PM   #17

X3 Geico really nice drop in price from Allstate whom I had for years. No increases since.
dkrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:41 PM   #18

We have GEICO. About 7 months after switching to GEICO we were hit by a storm rolling through San Angelo, TX. Did $28K damage to RV and $7K damage to my truck. Policy has renewed twice sine the storm and rates never went up. The were EXCELLENT to work with in resolving my claims.

John
2014 Dynamax Trilogy 3850RL - South Hampton Interior, Full Body Paint (Black / Silver / White), MOR/ryde Independent Suspension, MOR/ryde Disc Brakes, ONAN 5500 Generator, Progressive Industries HW50C w/Dual Display, Winegard HD Dish w/DirecTV, Washer & Dryer, iSprings 7-stage Reverse Osmosis Water Filter, Trail-Air Flex Air Pin Box, Third AC installed, AC Voltage/Amp Meters, DC Amp Meter, Garnett See Level Tank Sensors, TST 507 TPMS
Retired USAF - Full Timers!
John Hagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgearhead View Post
I've been with Farm Bureau for about 20 years. They insure everything but my rental house (they don't do modular homes). I check periodically and so far no has been able to touch their rates. I've never had a hassle with claims and the agent actually knows my name when I come in to the office.
X2 Southern Farm Bea....Arkansas Good service, fair treatment and fair.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #20

State Farm for auto and Progressive on RV. One claim with Progressive and was very happy with the process and outcome.
db7512 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance