Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2019, 04:54 AM   #21

Thank you for posting about this, Ethan.

This is just another indication of how Forest River does everything they can to stand by their product and take care of their end-use customers.

Do you know if “Windjammer” and the other V-nose trailers are amongst the lexicon of the software’s algorithm, even though Forest River has dropped these lines?

Bruce
Old 04-06-2019, 07:36 AM   #22

Thank You Forest River

Ethan.

Thank you for your post. Our daughter owns an 2019 Alpha Wolf and we own a 2019 Rockwood Mini Lite. Forest River has been very helpful with a couple of issues and I think the software program can only help all F.R. customers.

Ray
dufferray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #23
Trailer Park Supervisor

Fantastic!!! BTW, please promote Anthony Yoder, but not to the point he is unavailable to the consumer! He is a credit to your company, and has ALWAYS responded to my inquiries. I have another name as well in customer service who was very helpful, but can't remember his name right now.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:13 AM   #24

This is great to see!

I've only had to call the factory for 1 thing, and we finally got it figured out. Thanks for being here!

2018 Avenger ATI 27RBS
BriaBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 08:55 AM   #25

Thank you Ethan for your enlightening post. And a big thanks to Forest River for this effort to enhance your customer relations. Forest River has favorably responded to most of my issues with my present and past campers. Keep up the good work.
Happy Camping!
tonyz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to Hi Rider
Thanks for the post. Glad you are with us.
2020 - 162 Days and 5,359 Miles
2021 - 113 Days and 3,835 Miles
2022 - 35 Days and counting, and 3,372 Miles and counting
Hi Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:07 PM   #27

Thanks Ethan, I have been in customer service most of my adult life and know the good and bad of being available to help.
Our unit is 10 years old (or so ) and we have owned it for half of that time. It is solid and looks to be with us for a while.

It is good to see corporate folks listen in.

And Welcome from Idaho (where it is snowing like crazy today)
-brent

9.5 year old FR Cherokee 295 WP 32' toyhauler
2013 Ford F250 SD CC 4X4 4.30 gears
Tuned-- engine, music, and exhaust,
bpadamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:23 PM   #28
Blog: RVroadtripper.com

Ethan Welcome! and thank you for taking the time to monitor and contribute. There are many of us here on the forum that have had personal interactions with FR support to the positive. In my case it was Rod Batts who was relentless in his followups with me to make sure that even the smallest of issues with my 2016 Wildcat were not only resolved but received enhanced fixes that were even better than what I was expecting. As it is for my wife and I now, we wouldn't even consider another brand.
Maxxis 235/80/16E; AirBags w/AirLift1; mor/Ryde Rubber Pinbox; Andersen UltimateII Alum. 5erhitch on Reese Flipball w/Curt 4" offset; LCI Ground Control3; King Dishtailgater; Traveling with 10' Portabote;
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 01:41 PM   #29

Sales must be down, they weren’t interested is customer satisfaction when we bought ours and had problems. Oh well, just my observations. Im going camping anyway.
Old 04-06-2019, 02:17 PM   #30

Welcome and thank you!

Hi Ethan, welcome to the forum and thank you for this post. Rayna D in customer service was very helpful when we had a couple of warranty issues, and so far I have nothing but good things to say about how we have been treated before, during, and after the purchase of our TT.

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Duramax
Chazman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:22 PM   #31

I will add one suggestion. Where there is a major problem that affects a multitude or people such as the Cap Fade or the bonded leather furniture pealing, address it head on.
I know those issues are huge and I do not believe that FR can cover the cost of them but if you could just say that, it would help. In addition, if you could come up with some suggestions such as giving us a place to order furniture coverings or replacement furniture that will last (at our expense) or ways to address the cap fade with types of paint, paint colors, decal replacement - just so we all know an easy, reliable and proven way to address the issue. Would help us in saving money and avoiding trial and error fixes. Otherwise, glad you are here and if you plan to follow B. Clemens example - wahooooo.
johnruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #32
Traveling Two

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnruff View Post
I will add one suggestion. Where there is a major problem that affects a multitude or people such as the Cap Fade or the bonded leather furniture pealing, address it head on.
I know those issues are huge and I do not believe that FR can cover the cost of them but if you could just say that, it would help. In addition, if you could come up with some suggestions such as giving us a place to order furniture coverings or replacement furniture that will last (at our expense) or ways to address the cap fade with types of paint, paint colors, decal replacement - just so we all know an easy, reliable and proven way to address the issue. Would help us in saving money and avoiding trial and error fixes. Otherwise, glad you are here and if you plan to follow B. Clemens example - wahooooo.
This is great. You might he able to see and use some of the mods these owners have made in future models.
jerryliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #33

Makes me feel a little better about having a Forest River product!
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:40 PM   #34
2017 mini lite 2109s

Thanks for your interest in this forum. I am a new forest river owner. We just purchased a used 2017 mini lite 2109s. I’m sure I will have questions after we get it home
hjflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:43 PM   #35

"Customer satisfaction is job #1".... Really? I used to own a Surveyor...Meticulously maintained and well documented. After two years the side exterior sidewalls started to delaminate in a number of areas. I went to you for help and to ask you to stand up for your product and do the repair. Your representative basically blamed me for the delamination and denied any responsibility whatsoever. Zero customer saitisfaction.

By the way, the cheap chinese tires that came with the trailer completely failed...with one actually exploding and causing major damage. Again, tires were well within age limits and properly maintained when the failure occured.
What junk.

Further, there was a recall on the TT ... propane line was installed between the frame and suspension so that it actually crushed! So much for quality control on the ol' assembly line....

I now own a Winnebago.
slipf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 03:56 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by ES_FR View Post
In the best interest of this forum I’d like to properly introduce myself and Forest River’s effort to serve this community.

Forest River owners post about their experiences daily across the Internet on Forest River Forums, social media, blogs, and more. These various venues provide us a unique opportunity to connect with our Customers in a meaningful way; whether it be product development, product features or product use … we learn so much when we listen to our Customers. Equally important to us is identifying ways to better service our Customers.

The challenge we faced was developing a method to proactively leverage the aforementioned venues and sizable volumes of information to create value for our Customers, and most importantly assist our Customers needing assistance or answers.

After a great deal of effort and investment, we developed a proprietary system to address questions and concerns across the Internet. Partnering with a social media monitoring company, we utilize software to write detailed queries and algorithms which scour the Internet for mentions of our products. Each mention is categorized through the algorithms in order to identify Customers looking for assistance with their product’s use. We read hundreds of posts and comments each day and identify those that require action based on the algorithm categorization.

From there it becomes a simple matter of personal interaction as we reach out to our Customers with public responses based on the circumstances, referring our Customer to one of our Customer Service Representatives.

These representatives are trained to service the specific brand owned by the Customer and have a genuine interest in resolving issues or questions that our Customer may have regarding their product.

Customer Satisfaction is Our #1 Priority! We hope that this undertaking adds value to our Customers’ experience, and most importantly, elevates your enjoyment and satisfaction with your Forest River product.

Respectfully,
Ethan Sheckler
Forest River Social Media Coordinator
WELCOME ETHAN...I think membership surprised. First order of Inquirery would be an explanation of your companies thoughts on " Quality Control " Sincerely Bruce Harten Grey Wolf 27RR & Wolf Pack 25 Pack 12
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 09:53 PM   #37

Thanks for posting! I've had no problems with my rockwood 2906 after a year, except learning curve on how to do things properly.

James
2012 Ram 2500HD 6.7L Cummins
Equal-i-zer 4 Point Hitch
stormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2019, 11:21 PM   #38

Glad to see that forest river is on the forums. Our 2019 Heritage Glen goes in for first time checkup on Monday. There are a few things that are need of being corrected and fixed, but thats to be expected with a new RV. Hopping it is a good experience. So far we really like our new unit.
Lazurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 10:18 AM   #39

Thanks!
DrippingDuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 06:30 PM   #40
Green Horn

So far I have nothing bad to say about FR, I had a few issues with my coach and i’ve Been contacted by the factory Reps on both occasions (via a text on my cell phone) and this is a used unit....HAT’S off to FR!!
kevin211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river