Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2020, 06:09 PM   #1

Inverter not working ibex 19 mbh

I just bought a ibex 19mbh got home with it and started playing. Hit the button nothing happened. No hum, no power at the outlet near it. LCD screen is blank. I'm getting 12v to ground on the Red and Black and 8.7v between them(red and black). Dealer we got it from on Saturday is giving us the run around.. a "tech" told my wife that they're wired wrong from the factory... has any one got any ideas how to fix it or can I find another forest river dealer and bring it to them?

Pushed the remote button nothing checked to see if the button on the inverter was in the off position it was, pressed it nothing happened.

Checked all the fuses are good.
Breakers good
Battery is full.
Nothing on the inverter screen.
Granitestater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 06:18 PM   #2
Site Team

You can contact FR for alternate dealers but call them before going there. Many dealers won't do warranty work on units they didn't sell.
Or you can use an independent RV shop or mobile RV technician. You just need to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 07:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granitestater View Post
I just bought a ibex 19mbh got home with it and started playing. Hit the button nothing happened. No hum, no power at the outlet near it. LCD screen is blank. I'm getting 12v to ground on the Red and Black and 8.7v between them(red and black). Dealer we got it from on Saturday is giving us the run around.. a "tech" told my wife that they're wired wrong from the factory... has any one got any ideas how to fix it or can I find another forest river dealer and bring it to them?

Pushed the remote button nothing checked to see if the button on the inverter was in the off position it was, pressed it nothing happened.

Checked all the fuses are good.
Breakers good
Battery is full.
Nothing on the inverter screen.

The highlighted part is a clue (at least to me). Between black (negative) and CHASSIS GROUND (frame, not ground terminal on Inverter if there is one) should be very low voltage. Between red and ground should read the same as battery.

Now for the kicker------ between red and black on the inverter imput there should also be battery voltage. Since this number is only 8.7 volts is well below the low voltage cutoff built into most inverters.

Start at the batteries and see where you are loosing power. A fuse??? A Circuit Breaker (one or the other inline with the power leads to the inverter from the battery.

Without at least 11 volts at the inverter it won't start, depending on what the manufacturer uses for an actual low voltage cutoff.

Open circuit or dead battery are often prime suspects.

Note: Fuses and breakers in power distribution panel won't be part of the primary power supply to the inverter. That comes straight from the battery.

When stating battery is "full", what is the voltage at the battery. Full as to charged? Or full as to all water levels are up? Last one means nothing as to this problem.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
19mbh, ibex, inverter