Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 AM   #21

Before I paid the $10, I would try RV Parky. It is free and I have it on my cell phone. I am cheep and always try free apps before I pay. I have not paid for an app yet. Good Luck
whj77372 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #22
Norma in Maryland

I like RV Parky too. I want to use Allstays Camp and RV it has a much larger database than RV Parky. I have purchased Allstays but it just won't work on my Samsung Galaxy Note II. They've offered to refund my $10 but I keep hoping I can find a fix because the information available from this source is good. It won't load the details on the "points" except those where I am presently located. This makes it worthless for planning a trip at another location. I can see there are RV camps where I want to go but I can't get any information about them. Very frustrating.
Old 08-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #23

I just downloaded "iExit" for $.99. Shows rest areas, food, gas and several other types of services at exits along the Interstate highway system. Good to see what's coming up ahead of you while you still have time to make a decision whether or not you want to get off at a certain exit. Ever passed up getting off at an exit to get gas and then finding out the next gas station is 25 miles down the road?

Days camped in 2016: 58[/COLOR]
Days camped in 2017: 87[/COLOR]
LarryInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 06:31 PM   #24

Send a message via AIM to King Yankee Send a message via Yahoo to King Yankee
I'm an Android user and love WAZE. a free app with traffic-police-hazard reports. Never go on a trip without it plus many already mentioned.

Lexington GTS 300 S/S
Chevy Avalanche
Jeep Wrangler
Honda Goldwing
King Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:27 AM   #25

I use ultimate check list for my set up/load up/winterize etc. Evernote for saving campground info. And just got Waze based on the post above to try.
simplyrwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:30 AM   #26

I tried RV Checklist and RV Copilot but didn't care for the limitations. Nice apps but didn't work for me. I couldn't find RV Parky in iOS
simplyrwc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #27

IEXIT is a must. Also, Allstays and Sanidump. Plus checkout the Walmart and Cracker Barrel apps - just in case you need to get off the road for a while. 😉
dj3spots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:48 AM   #28

We're so grateful to this forum! While we are still trying to figure out what to buy (TT and replace our truck or Class A), we are monitoring this forum and starting to really think RV lifestyle.
So all that to say we stumbled on a Flying J on our 14 hour trek to meet our first grandchild (healthy and gorgeous boy). Gas was cheaper. We really liked the RR and saw an RV "dumping." Noticed the rewards program but were in a rush to be at our daughters side (this is mommy writing-we made it by a day and I got to help with the delivery!). Later, I read about all the apps and the light bulb went off! Even though we're in our car, we're now saving an additional 2 cents per gallon (and using a Chase card which is giving us 5% this quarter. Love this app as I no longer frantically search Gas Buddy (not a very good app). Our return trip home is now planned by Flying J stops!
Just call me Granny!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2720281596.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	38521  
HarleyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #29

Congrats Granny! I'm waiting on my second grandchild. First was a boy now we're waiting on baby sister. . It's great. All the fun and You get to leave before the crying starts. We have an Ipad 3 with LTE/cellular data connection. Our carrier is Verizon. Use it to map and find nearby facilities. Love it. Enjoy that grand baby!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickenwood View Post
I like RV Parky too. I want to use Allstays Camp and RV it has a much larger database than RV Parky. I have purchased Allstays but it just won't work on my Samsung Galaxy Note II. They've offered to refund my $10 but I keep hoping I can find a fix because the information available from this source is good. It won't load the details on the "points" except those where I am presently located. This makes it worthless for planning a trip at another location. I can see there are RV camps where I want to go but I can't get any information about them. Very frustrating.
Did you try uninstall and reinsall

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 09:52 AM   #31

HarleyBill, Congrats on the brand spanking new grandbaby! Go with the class A, you'll love it!

My favorite Android apps are: Citizens Bank, so I can easily transfer money anywhere I am to use my debit card. Pandora for music plugged into my Kicker (awesome) iPod docking station. RV Parky as a free app for campground, Wal Mart etc. locations. Star Gazer at the 2.99 price is fun sitting around a campfire. Google Maps
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj3spots View Post
Congrats Granny! I'm waiting on my second grandchild. First was a boy now we're waiting on baby sister. . It's great. All the fun and You get to leave before the crying starts. We have an Ipad 3 with LTE/cellular data connection. Our carrier is Verizon. Use it to map and find nearby facilities. Love it. Enjoy that grand baby!
Thanks!!! We're so excited as the delivery was easy enough, she wants another one!
I've just been using a iPhone going on my second year. I've tried my daughter's iPad and wasn't impressed...but it only had wifi and there wasn't any in the Smokey Mountains when we traveled together! I also have Verizon so I'll have to check your model out!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:27 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyBill View Post

Thanks!!! We're so excited as the delivery was easy enough, she wants another one!
I've just been using a iPhone going on my second year. I've tried my daughter's iPad and wasn't impressed...but it only had wifi and there wasn't any in the Smokey Mountains when we traveled together! I also have Verizon so I'll have to check your model out!
HarleyBill. Depending on your Verizon phone/plan you can make your iPhone a hotspot so you can connect a wifi only ipad to the Internet. An ipad is just a big iPhone without calling capabilities unless you add magic jack or something like that. You will really enjoy the ipad for the size of screen if you like your iPhone..

Old 08-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #34

Ipad3 has FACETIME. I tall to some of my relatives in WV that way. Great for new grand parents. I see my grandson in PA with FaceTime. I do have to warn you all. There are a lot of places you can't receive cell phone or WIFI signals. Relatives in WV use Hughes network. My ipad connects to their wifi and i'm able to do FACETIME to talk to grandson in PA. fACETIME is sorta like SKYPE but I think it streams faster. Just throwing this out there. Don't want anyone to think ipad 3 is the total answer. I also use ipad for Pandora music and maps. I got the one withe biggest storage too. Loaded with apps for the grand kid. plus Hulu and Netflix for watching movies and TV. We have dish so we got the Hopper with a sling. the sling works great on IPAD but found out no matter where you are it runs up YOUR data plan. Going to Starbucks or whatever it doesn't run off their WIFI it still runs off your data plan.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:01 PM   #35

Quote:
Ipad3 has FACETIME. I tall to some of my relatives in WV that way. Great for new grand parents. I see my grandson in PA with FaceTime. I do have to warn you all. There are a lot of places you can't receive cell phone or WIFI signals. Relatives in WV use Hughes network. My ipad connects to their wifi and i'm able to do FACETIME to talk to grandson in PA. fACETIME is sorta like SKYPE but I think it streams faster. Just throwing this out there. Don't want anyone to think ipad 3 is the total answer. I also use ipad for Pandora music and maps. I got the one withe biggest storage too. Loaded with apps for the grand kid. plus Hulu and Netflix for watching movies and TV. We have dish so we got the Hopper with a sling. the sling works great on IPAD but found out no matter where you are it runs up YOUR data plan. Going to Starbucks or whatever it doesn't run off their WIFI it still runs off your data plan.
It won't run off your data plan if you connect to their (Starbucks or whoever) wifi. Go to settings, go to Wi-Fi and turn on "Ask to join networks". Whenever your ipad sees another WiFi network it will ask you if you want to join it. You can also leave that option off and goto settings, WiFi, and if there is a wifi network available it will show up in the list of available networks. Select the wifi network you want to join. Usually, once you join a network it will remember the next time you come back and will connect automatically.

You can tell if your connected to wifi by looking at the top left of your screen. If after your carrier, ie. Verizon, AT&T, etc it will say 3G or LTE or whatever data protocol your iPad is using f it is running off your data plan. If it is connected to WiFi you will see the curved WiFi bars showing you the strength. If you are at a known WiFi spot and don't have the WiFi bars then go into settings, WiFi, and select it.

Old 08-24-2013, 03:27 PM   #36

Agree. I wasn't clear. I was referring to using DISH network, HOPPER and the sling. That means the SLING goes to your HOPPER at home and sends to were ever you are. so it goes against your data plan at home to download to HOPPER and goes against whoevers WIFI your connected to to get it to your IPad. Trust me on this. Just got hit with a a heck of a bill from dish because my grandson and I watched a movie in his room on my ipad, using my HOPPer and the sling. All other uses on ipad at Starbucks or wherever don't apply to your data plan, so far as I know.. Hope I clarified. From now on it is HULU or NETFLICKs.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:31 PM   #37

Quote:
I should also have said I was on my daughters WIFI at the time with cellular turned off.
Old 08-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #38

Oh no! Good to know! We have so much to learn and figure out!
Old 08-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #39

Along with all the above mentioned (thanks) Try "Radar Now" . great for weather checks.

"DON'T FORCE IT - GET A BIGGER HAMMER'
"Paul & Laurie"
2013 Columbus 340 RK
2013 F350 Dually 6.7 Diesel
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:51 AM   #40
Norma in Maryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
Did you try uninstall and reinsall
I tried un installing and reinstalling Allstay and it still won't work before I contacted the developer. They offered a refund. I'd still rather have the product it has great information.