Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2019, 12:57 AM   #101

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf2001 View Post
Babock,
It was up towards Malibu, on the north bound side. This was back in the April time frame, so maybe they did something about it. Looks like it was an issue as far back as 2017...

https://abc7.com/news/malibu-residen...g-pch/2001638/

Or it might have been down around coastline drive...they all kind of run together for me since I am not overly familiar with the area.
I can believe it down there. The closer you are to Santa Monica, the more homeless there are. Going north of there, not really an issue. They like to be closer to more city areas so they can get stuff without having to drive.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 11:44 AM   #102
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerFR View Post
We also have those friends who leave their camper at a local lakeside rv campground during the whole spring to fall months - going 'camping' every weekend. That site is tied up during the whole of every week, yet they are never there during that time, taking that ability away from other campers, if that's the way you want to look at it.
Some would say that you 'paid' for the whole season, so it's yours to use as you wish. Many on these forums who complain about 'lack of sites' would probably disagree and wish that those who are not actually 'camping' should not be taking spaces for those who want to be there. True.
At our CG the seasonal sites are all separate from the weekender sites. So leaving our camper there year-round isn't taking anything away from anybody.

In fact, the site next to ours has been empty the entire time we've been there. Which is going on 4 years now. We mostly use it for parking.
Iwritecode is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:37 PM   #103

I think that the greater the ability for one to boondock, the less issues they have with finding places to stay. I've rarely traveled with reservations. If I really want to find a place to stay with hookups I just get on the phone and find something.

For longer stays it's out in the woods or desert for me.

Something i recall from a trip my wife and I took to Long Beach, WA.

Stayed in an older RV park along the main highway that was about half full of permanent residents. One of the residents was a woman of in-determinant age who was living in a trailer so old it had flat aluminum sides and a round window in the door.

For some reason every time my wife and I went out to sit in the Sun or have a meal at the picnic table she would push her bicycle up to the empty space next to us and just sit at that picnic table staring at us.

Maybe her television was broken

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote