Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2020, 07:08 AM   #21

In season our nearby COE campgrounds have always been full now just more getting turned away.

The private campground we go to, as normal is also close to being full as normal. All 850 campsites during the summer months are full. The off season is going to be interesting.

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxer Mix
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 10:55 AM   #22

There are still areas in the coutry where the campgrounds are not open. We have reservations for September in North Dakota in a National Park that is still not open so we made back up reservations in a state park. We will cancel one of them before we leave depending on the situation.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2020, 04:47 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKonyha View Post
Everywhere around is us is booked out several months, especially federal campgrounds. It is worse this year than last but I believe people are finding camping a cheap vacation and fun also.

ROFLOL. There a darn thing cheap about camping. Just Saying.
Have a great summer.
campers302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:02 PM   #24

I don't know how true it is but I heard on the news that trailer rentals were up %1000 and buying up %600. My guess is that there will be a lot of used trailers for sale in a year or two.
Wherever you go, go with all your heart.
cincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 06:48 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
My wife and I decided to drive out to our local corps of engineer lake the other day and were surprised to find that all three campgrounds were full. I have lived here since the seventies and this is the first time I remember all three campgrounds being full. This was just a normal weekend, not a holiday weekend. I am thinking it must be a result of covid 19.

Anyone else noticing an increase in camping activity?
definitely. every weekend
Mindrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:27 PM   #26

Our KY COE was packed with people from FLA, Mi and IL.
Had we not scrambled to book after 18N cancelled, would have been no getting out after 4 months.
judymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:28 PM   #27

It's the "new normal"

Looks like this super crowding / booking months in advance are the "new normal" for the camping world now. Unless you tolerate camping in Florida in August or Wisconsin in December, I guess you'll have to cope.
McKannick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #28

I always used to wonder why people would leave home on weekends to park an RV in the middle of HUNDREDS of others with 10ft or so clearance on each side......and call it fun.

Under recent conditions. I think it's even sillier.

oz, RV-er since the 60's, but only while school is in session.....during the week....usually a "flatspotter" and considering giving it all up.
Old 06-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #29

Cali camping

We camped last Monday in Stanislaus Nat'l forest near Sonora Pass for a week. Camp ground is private but in the forest. State opened the area up on Friday June 12th. We got there Monday the 15th and were able to find three campsites close together for our friends. On Wednesday there was nothing left in our loop of 28 sites. The "B Loop " had a few small sites available. A large group next to us moved out on the 19th and a larger group moved in within an hour! Several of the the rigs through-out the campground were new, both truck & trailer or C class. A near by campground was also full mostly with large rigs and class A's
The near by horse camp was filling up as well!

This is a first come first served campground!
Camper Al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:35 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincia View Post
I don't know how true it is but I heard on the news that trailer rentals were up %1000 and buying up %600. My guess is that there will be a lot of used trailers for sale in a year or two.
Might be a good time for me to get a Class C
judymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:37 PM   #31

COE Campgrounds Full

I live in South Carolina and I have three COE Campgrounds within 20 miles of me. No weekends available at the three until mid August.
Tiger Rag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:52 PM   #32

Iím just surprised that the OP was surprised.
Travel Pooch:Sophie the Sato - Cats: Rhody and Hazy
2018:22nights / 2019:31Nights / 2020:18Nights
Mr Towed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:16 PM   #33

We live inside.......

the Carson National Forest and the few campsites actually in the CNF now are always full.
It used to be only on weekends but they seem mostly full all the time now. I see lots of traffic now on our road all week in the summer time.

My biggest fear is someone who feels itís their right to have a campfire even though the fire danger is high to extreme and accidentally setting the place on fire and I loose my home.

Getting people to obey the speed limit, not litter and obey fire restrictions is a major PIA.

The $5000 max fine helps.

PLEASE obey the fire restrictions.
Think about how your actions might affect the people who live here.
Please my home may depend on it.
cantxsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 08:46 PM   #34

Thumbs up Full Campgrounds in WA State

Washington State Park campgrounds are fully booked, as usual, on weekends. Since COVID-19, they are fuller than normal Monday through Friday.
Sobeit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 09:07 PM   #35

We booked Fall Creek Falls in TN mid-April for a second week of June arrival while the park was still COVID Closed. We were there 5 days and watched sites around us fill within a couple of hours of the recent campers leaving. It was a neat place but I was really surprised at how full it stayed. Thank fully the loud-music-stereo-jerk was there only one night before we left.
Bobolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 10:10 PM   #36

We're in Illinois and we've been told by 3 different RV dealers and 2 different boat dealers that they have no used units and very few new units for sale. One of the marine dealers said there is a huge waiting list, especially for pontoon boats.

I predict that there will be a glut of used campers and boats for sale when the covid-19 concerns are lessened or a vaccine is developed. One of the salesmen we spoke with even went so far as to say people who can't really afford the RV's and marine equipment are taking taking possession with any avenue of financing they can pull off. There will certainly be a substantial percentage of these units that will end up being for sale just to get out from under the payments.

In regards to campgrounds being full, we had a local private campgrounds close suddenly which put pressure on the remaining campgrounds. We camp at a COE facility in Southern Illinois that used to fill completely up over Labor Day Weekend but the past couple years they have been at about 80% capacity. Again this year have reservations for the week leading up to, and through, Labor Day and it will be interesting if the reported increased demand fills the place up this year.
Rockwood Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:19 AM   #37

[QUOTE=comfun1;2345962]My wife and I decided to drive out to our local corps of engineer lake the other day and were surprised to find that all three campgrounds were full. I have lived here since the seventies and this is the first time I remember all three campgrounds being full. This was just a normal weekend, not a holiday weekend. I am thinking it must be a result of covid 19.

Anyone else noticing an increase in camping activity?[

Last week all state and COE parks within 100 miles of Dallas were booked solid for the next 3 weeks.
forestwendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 06:43 AM   #38

Eastern Nebraska has been seeing this for 3-4 years now. It's part of the reason that we are no longer part of the "Camping Community." We finally sold our 2018 Cherokee last week due to lack of use. Flooding and trying to find spots on weekends became impossible. We purchased a cabin and 50 acres and spend most of our free time there. The best part ? "No Reservations Required."

One more thing. Has anyone tried to buy and Rod and Reel lately ?? or a Bicycle ? OMG ! never in my life did I think I'd see them in short supply. )
TheWolfPaq82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 08:07 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
Eastern Nebraska has been seeing this for 3-4 years now. It's part of the reason that we are no longer part of the "Camping Community." We finally sold our 2018 Cherokee last week due to lack of use. Flooding and trying to find spots on weekends became impossible. We purchased a cabin and 50 acres and spend most of our free time there. The best part ? "No Reservations Required."

One more thing. Has anyone tried to buy and Rod and Reel lately ?? or a Bicycle ? OMG ! never in my life did I think I'd see them in short supply. )

I wonder if the lack of Items is supply shutdown or increase in demand or both. Now Iím gonna be looking when I go to store and I have enough reels and I wonít be buying a bike anytime soon.
moose074 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 10:43 AM   #40

It's gotten crazy! We have resorted to weekday camping due to the weekends always being full. I tried making reservations for Wed thru Friday at our favorite campground at the Colorado River but can not get a spot on Fridays so we go Tuesday thru Thursday. This works out pretty good for us because we like the peace and quiet that the weekdays offer. Thank the Lord we have been saving up on vacation days at work.