Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2008, 08:06 PM   #1
PSB

Is this under warranty?

Had our Rockwood '08 8318 at the dealer for a leak issue was fixed no charge. Picked up on 2/22. Today I just noticed as I was putting things in the storage compartment under the couch that the bottom partical board separated from the back corners of the wood frame where the screws support the corners, the back corner broke into 3 pieces. The warning states that the storage holds up to 50 pounds, the only things I had in there were the counter extender and a couple of pots and pans. I know when we dropped this off in late January this wasn't broken. Before I contact the dealer tomorrow I wanted to hear what other people think. Is this a warranty issue?
PSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:32 PM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I sure would think so.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #3

It should be. At least ask. You never know unless you ask. Go for it. Things like that should not break unless they were abused and they were not.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:28 PM   #4

i would empty the cupboard and take lots of pictures
and then take it back
aint no excuse for a cabinet falling apart EVER
Old 02-26-2008, 07:34 AM   #5

Yep. What they said.
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #6

And never offer up incriminating info. if it broke it gets repaired, period. as long as there is know physical damage.

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 02:27 AM   #7
PSB

Regarding our couch storage draw, took trailer to the dealer on Tues. by today our dealer called and said he got the authorization to fix the storage compartment, could take up to 4 weeks.
PSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 06:01 AM   #8

PSB, I am sorry to hear about the problem you are having already with a new model year. I went to the dealers lot last weekend to look over the new Rockwood models for "08", all I could is stand there and shake my head, I noticed that on two 5th wheel models the outer edging ( the corners ) were cut too short and the space was filled with caulk and the caulk had started to shrink and opened up to the weather. Water damage could start before anyone buys it and if it's not caught, then the buyer is stuck with a problem that they didn't know about. There are other problems as well. Stay on them and keep an eye on everything and good luck, I hope this is the only problem you have, It's a real shame.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #9

Just remember DON"T answer any questions that no one has asked you In other words don't volenteer any info
j2detroit is offline   Reply With Quote