Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2018, 02:16 PM   #21
DDC

So sorry for your loss, I went through this two and a half years ago, we had 47 years of memories. I feel your pain, my thoughts are with you.
Donald&Casey cairn terrier
Rest in Peace Mary my darling wife.
Scottish by birth Canadian by time.
DDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:35 PM   #22

I’m going to be honest. When you have had a wonderful and blessed marriage with your soulmate time does not heal. All time does: is it teaches us to hide the pain so people think your healing. God will help you to endure the pain from the hole in your heart but he doesn’t take it away until HIS Kingdom comes and His Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. I don’t want to Preach but if you have the Holy Bible (God’s Word) please look up Hebrews 2:14 it tells you who causes Death. And Revelation 21:3 & 4 Tells us what God is going to do to things that hurt us Physically, Emotionally and Spiritually. Also how God views death 1 Corinthians 15:23-26. Hope this brings you comfort it has for me when I lost my Dear Husband of 36 years from Pancreatic Cancer. We have a new chapter in our lives and we have to make it the Best we can with Gods help. Keep us posted as to how you are doing our friend. Hope to see you on our travels.
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:55 PM   #23

What a blessing to have shared all those years together.
From just your short post it is apparent that DW was well loved & had a supporting community thru all those years of the cancer battle. Hopefully time will replace a few of the tears with a smile when you remember her and all the wonderful memories you have made together over those years.

Prayers for peace thru this pain for you, her friends & extended family ....

Terri & Joe + Boont & Tasha
Camping a long weekend every month or so since May 2013 in our cute 21FBRS MicroLite to practice for retirement while living here in Florida
Joe is retired.... next camper ordered.... getting ready to change this signature really soon!
Life Without Whine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:28 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
My wife lost her battle with cancer June 15th.Fought long and hard this time for a year. This was the fourth time cancer hit her.This time coming back in the bones.I'm glad for her pain to be over. Like I told the preacher,"It was a hard relief." The bad thing this Sunday would be her 71st Birthday. Prayers are still needed for the healing of the hole in me and my families heart. 48 years with the old gal.Rest in peace my honey.
I am very sorry for your loss. 48 years is a long time.

Now that I’m retired I have been volunteering for a local hospice as a companion visitor for those with 6 months or less. Although I’m not involved in the bearevement support group side I have heard good things. Whether through hospice or somewhere else I would encourage you to consider taking that step to be with others who have recently experienced a loss.

My prayers go out to you and your family.
2018 Rockwood Mini Lite 2104s
2014 Jayco x17z Hybrid
Tigger1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #25

Our prayers you have
Old 06-23-2018, 05:36 PM   #26

So sorry ....May God bring the needed comfort to your heart. I don't know you but HE does. I will be praying for you.
danc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:40 PM   #27
jkoenig24

Condolences on your loss.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #28

So sorry for you and your families loss.

God Bless
Old 06-23-2018, 09:59 PM   #29

Condolences

Prayers going up.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:24 PM   #30

Hang in there buddy, thoughts and prayers are there for you and your family. She is camping in heaven with the Angels for her birthday dancing and singing.
scottnlindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:29 AM   #31

So sorry you lost your gal; your soulmate. I can’t imagine what that size hole feels like, but I’m praying for a peace that passes understanding to begin to cover your heart and the hearts of your family.
May your memories begin to bring smiles and laughter rather than pain and tears.
flosmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:40 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
Lord I hope I go first, life would not be life without DW.
X2
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:41 AM   #33

So sorry, we pray that the Lord will hold and heal your heart during this time.
Bob and Mary
Tony & Catnis, campin' kitties
Bobaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:50 AM   #34

Sorry for your loss. Peace for you and your family.
justthe4ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 01:07 PM   #35

I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost my father on 2/12/18 and are still reeling from that loss. Like you, we have a huge hole that is now in the fabric of our family. I pray for you and your family for healing. It will be slow going, it will hurt a lot but at some point, hopefully you will remember the wonderful years you had with your beloved wife and the memories you made for your family.
"Know yourself, know your world. Change it." Anonymous
kittlecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:11 PM   #36
MCTroy

There are a lot of jokes and teasing on the forum between DH and DW. However, most of us agree we would be lost without our spouse. I know I would be. God bless you and I hope your days get a little brighter, treasure your memories.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:24 PM   #37
Gold Tee Box

I don't have the words I need, but I know the empty feeling and how lost I would be.

Keep living man, she would want you to.

Teetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:39 PM   #38

We cannot imagine your grief. Makes me want to hold my DW just a little closer. God bless you. As my wife and I kneel together tonight, your name will be in our prayers.

Vince & Charlette
Old 06-24-2018, 03:22 PM   #39

Sorry for your loss.
jeepin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 09:51 PM   #40

Daveandsue: I'm sorry for your loss and pain. I can't honestly say she's with God, the Lord or anyone else...I only believe her pain has passed and you are now processing your own.

I hope that the memories of the 48 happy years you had with her help your current pain.

To relate a bit to this topic, recently, there was a post on a RV Instagram page asking "What's in it for you?...Why do you choose to RV & Camp".

Below is my response:

My why....It's simple....Today is now and I don't know what tomorrow will be. We live in a world where irrational health takes our loved ones away way too early...where one crazy person's actions may not allow our kids and spouses to come home from school and work safely...where we get so wrapped up in a digital format that we forget to enjoy the moment.

Two weeks ago, our spring break trip allowed me to disconnect from the crazy, stressful work life and see my family as I hadn't seen them in months. I watched my wife and kids eyes light up as they woke to the campground dusted in snow. Later that week my wife and I watched the waves of the Pacific hit the OR Coast as our kids played on the beach. I witnessed my 4 year old master flying a kite and my 7 year old amazed at a herd of elk. 5 more minutes was never asked for because we took the time to go at their innocent, playful pace.

I don't know what will happen today or where I'll be (or not be) tomorrow. However, the one thing I do know is that the memory and experiences of our travels will help shape my boys into being awesome husbands and fathers.

While this isn't directly related to the death of a loved one, please remember that every happy moment spent with your family is worth remembering. The memories may make you a bit sad today; however, you shared those precious memories with your wife and that made her happy. Keep those close to your heart and remember the happy times.

Godspeed.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
clarkbre is offline   Reply With Quote