Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2010, 07:58 PM   #1

It's The End OF January

Well it is the end of the January, another month closer to camping season. Can't wait to but the camper on our seasonal site for the second season. I have a pile wood collected for campfires and more homemade fire starters, and soon to get the camper ready. I know that the members that live in the South are still camping and that's great, but here in the North we look forward to the start of it all. The wife and I are not retired yet and both work full time adding to our retirerment plans. So who knows when the time comes to retire we may be part of the South for year round camping, but until then living in the North we will be looking to the start of it all once again.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:06 PM   #2

And after this weekend's 12" snowfall down here in central VA, we are looking harder and harder at the start, and maybe moving south once we can retire. That is still a ways off though, but we can always plan.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:16 PM   #3

Getting antsy ourselves. I scoped out some campgrounds on lakes near us that I haven't been to before using Google earth/maps (gotta love the satellite view for checking out the campgrounds) so I think before February is over we will get out for a weekend and scout the area in anticipation of going back later in the season with the boat for some bass fishin'. Can't wait.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:13 AM   #4

x3 I am so TIRED of freezing cold crud

today we had some sun and 40F, felt like summer for a few hours
Old 02-01-2010, 03:55 AM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

We didn't get as much snow as down Lynchburg VA way just about 4" but I still had to clear the driveway because there's a possibility of more of the white stuff later in the week.
We have our reservations set for the two full weeks we take off. Myrtle Beach in June and Ocean City MD in August.

Come on Springtime!!! I'm ready to get going!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:56 AM   #6

We have reservations Evey year for Ocean City and Myrtle beach is every other year and this is the year for Myrtle beach for the last week of June and the first week of July. The only way the plans will change for Myrrtle beach is if my house sells around that time, but in any case still waiting for spring.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:53 PM   #7
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockwood06 View Post
We have reservations Evey year for Ocean City and Myrtle beach is every other year and this is the year for Myrtle beach for the last week of June and the first week of July. The only way the plans will change for Myrrtle beach is if my house sells around that time, but in any case still waiting for spring.
We'll be at Myrtle Beach the week before you get there. Ocean City is 7/31 through 8/7. My nephew is getting married in Cambridge on the 1st so it worked out great for us to go to the wedding then back to Vacation.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:00 PM   #8
Cyber Phrenologist

There's a few nice homes in my neighborhood for sale. Decent homes on an acre each. Plenty of room for a rig in the yard of this RV friendly subdivision.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 05:23 AM   #9

Radio, My house sits on .635 of an acher, and had it built 30 years ago. It's time to down size with my son out of school and my daughter graduating from college this May I have no need for this house. We have a contract on a new house in PA 15 miles from where I am now and down sizing from 3616 sq ft to 2158 sq ft, don't ask me why I am going more North when I should be heading South. I lived in Charleston South Carolina for three years on James Island not too far from Folly Beach and loved it. I posted a satellite pic of my house, if you look to the upper right where the driveway is next to the garage you can see my TT and my Suburban in front of It.
Where I am planning on moving there is an HOA and I can not park my camper in the driveway, I will have to leave it on our seasonal site or across the street more or less at Reichart's camping center where I bought my camper.
If I was in the right position for retirement, Georgia is one State I would consider to relocate.....Thanks for your reply for the homes in your area.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	our house from the sky.jpg
Views:	1160
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	2113  
Old 02-03-2010, 11:34 PM   #10
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
It was -15F last night. Tonight is a bit warmer....if you could call 13 warm. It's above zero...I'm happy. Camping season will come...I know this because I got the final bill for the season campgrounds upcoming season! Up another $50 this year.

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to BENTE
we went ahead and booked our trip for march the 6th. we went through the discussion and decided it was better to plan on it and keep our fingers crossed rather than wait and see... wow i did not know having a camper in my backyard not being used would bother me so much.. we have not been since november and it is eating me up

tb

2009 Wildwood 26tbss
Nights Camped in 2010 38
BENTE is offline   Reply With Quote