Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-13-2022, 04:36 PM   #1

Jack knife sofa replacement

Looking for suggestions on where to buy and how to replace and install two recliners in place of the jack knife sofa in our Sunseeker 3010DS. We don’t want power recliners.
JWallet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 11:13 AM   #2

Friends of mine with the same rig as you I think purchased two manual recliners from Camping World and had them do the install. CW had to build an extension box for the chairs to sit in place as their slide was opened and closed.

This was a few years back and I believe they paid about $1000 for everything.
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 01:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman12 View Post
Friends of mine with the same rig as you I think purchased two manual recliners from Camping World and had them do the install. CW had to build an extension box for the chairs to sit in place as their slide was opened and closed.

This was a few years back and I believe they paid about $1000 for everything.

Thanks for the info!
Old 11-17-2022, 02:00 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWallet View Post
Looking for suggestions on where to buy and how to replace and install two recliners in place of the jack knife sofa in our Sunseeker 3010DS. We don’t want power recliners.

Can you keep us up to date on your replacement? We would also like to put a recliner in our slide. Thank you
okie dokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2022, 02:35 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie dokie View Post
Can you keep us up to date on your replacement? We would also like to put a recliner in our slide. Thank you

Will do…..unfortunately our camper is in storage for the winter so I’m trying to get ideas and make the right purchase in the spring when we get it back!
Old 11-17-2022, 02:47 PM   #6
Kanadian Kamper

You can use any furniture you want……there’s no such thing as RV specific furniture.

The things to consider…..

1. Make sure they break down for shipping and installation to fit in the door frame of your motorhome. If it doesn’t fit….it doesn’t matter what price. Most good quality recliners have their backs separate from the seat and arms.

2. Real estate is critical inside a motorhome, so look for models that are listed as “zero clearance” or “wall hugger” style. That means they don’t have to be positioned far away from the wall between upright and reclining. See how close our replacement recliners were to the wall, and still cleared the wall when reclined in the attached photo. (albeit this photo was in our Georgetown)

As always, you should consider how to secure them to your floor…..just in case of sudden stops!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D226AA99-BA45-4CAD-BE90-34002BDB6C37.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	295.0 KB
ID:	281653  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2022, 02:41 PM   #7

We replaced ours in our 2021 Puma with two recliners from Amazon. THey are small, but they are nice units.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 11-22-2022, 02:58 PM   #8

Our Recliners

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9510.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	488.3 KB
ID:	281767   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9511.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	501.5 KB
ID:	281768  
Old 04-15-2023, 11:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWallet View Post

Out with the original uncomfortable jack knife sofa and in with the new Rec Pro reclinersClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0477.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	285931

Tags
replacement