Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2017, 07:38 PM   #21
Road Trippin

Try jacking up the vehicle and offsetting the latch. You might twist it just enough to pull the door open.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 08:07 PM   #22

Its deadbolted.. Don't think that will work, no matter how much jacking and twisting you try.

Mike
Old 12-21-2017, 10:35 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by hickstx123 View Post
1st husband lost his set, entered camper after I warned him deadbolt was sticking, left my keys inside & now there they sit on the counter & we can't get in. Fortunately it's home in our yard but what other option do I have besides locksmith if deadbolt is what is locked. I saw to contact dealer so I will try that tomorrow, assume they have to sell this product so they are a good couple of hours away, although other dealers are close but don't sell FR. I work in cars so I can get a locksmith but wasn't set to pay that during xmas. Any other suggestions, was hoping like a car dealer I could provide VIN on side sticker & proof of ownership & they could remake a key. Cause yeah all my books are inside the camper, lucky me.
I am shocked that no one has mentioned the skinny kid method. Do you have a storage door under your bed? is it locked? If not get a kid to go in and lift up the bed and open the door. If storage door is locked 90% of the trailers use the same key to lock this door. If it is do you know some one else with a trailer they most likely can unlock it for you.

Hope This Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimVWulp View Post
I am shocked that no one has mentioned the skinny kid method. Do you have a storage door under your bed? is it locked? If not get a kid to go in and lift up the bed and open the door. If storage door is locked 90% of the trailers use the same key to lock this door. If it is do you know some one else with a trailer they most likely can unlock it for you.
X2, .... was the make and model of the camper ever mentioned? ... someone might be able to tell the best way/place to enter, if we knew what it is, ....

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #25

Just getting ready to make same suggestion about getting in through baggage door. Make and model where not mentioned. It is more in profile eather. It works well, have done it many times on different campers. Good luck.
2008 F350
2017 CC Champagne 38EL
2006 Salem Sport 32 SRV Toy Hauler (still have)
brusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 05:46 PM   #26

My wife locked us out 12 hours from home luckily we passed my daughter up through the laundry shoot.
P.S. We now have a combination lock
NY Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 09:42 PM   #27

Guess we will never know if OP was able to get in, and if so, how. Maybe frozen sitting outside?

Mike
Old 01-01-2018, 10:33 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
AFAIK, the master keys only unlock the regular lock, not the deadbolt.

I've been told multiple times when I've had to have someone from a dealership or a mobile repair guy come out to NOT lock the deadbolt.
If the key is the same for the deadbolt and the regular lock then can’t be right
Jmkjr72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:06 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmkjr72 View Post
If the key is the same for the deadbolt and the regular lock then can’t be right
It is correct. The master key is different than the owners keys. Not sure how many unique keys there are but your key will not fit my trailer and my key won't open your door but a master will fit both - but not the deadbolt.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:12 AM   #30

Hmmmm. Our last two fivers had the same key for the deadbolt and the door latch handle. Guess y'all have different rigs.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 12:17 AM   #31

Yes everyone has the same key for both of their locks and each key is different. The handle lock accept two keys your unique key and the standard master. The deadbolt only accepts one key which is your key.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:01 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
Hmmmm. Our last two fivers had the same key for the deadbolt and the door latch handle.
Ours as well.
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 02:03 AM   #33

This is why I hide a spare set of keys on my TT and when at the campground, leave a set with the owners. ( I leave it there when not using it).
Nights Camped 2017 [63]
Nights Camped 2018 [27]
Nurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 11:03 AM   #34

You want to hear about master keys? At the business I owned we had locks on the doors that were re-keyable and we had individual keys for each lock that employees who needed access got those keys, then we had master keys that supervisors got for for groups of locks then we had a GRAND MASTER that opened any lock that a few officers/owners got. 3 different keys were allowed for each lock and they were re-keyable. They were NOT electronic they were mechanical tumbler locks.
Old 01-02-2018, 02:23 PM   #35

Every TT I have had keys for deadbolt were different from other lock. Dealer says they don't have master for deadbolt.
packrat48 is offline   Reply With Quote