Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2018, 10:04 AM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 15
I have looked at your pics and my countertop does not have the wood to attach the screws to. And as far as the oven, the pilot light lights up fine and then when you turn up the temp it heats up to the temp setting and then it goes out, pilot light and all. So you can not cook anything because it will only heat up once. It is easy to relight the pilot light but it keeps going completely out. As far as the microwave, if you put a potato in it it will burn a hole in one side of it and the other half is still cold. The worst part of all of this is that there is no dealer support other than the original selling dealer. It is like buying a new car but only the original selling dealer will warranty it. And Forest River will not answer or return calls or emails. We have been full timers for over 12 years and have bought other new Rv's but this one is the worst one ever as far as quality and dealer support
jimnkaran is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 10:53 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: North of Seattle, WA
Posts: 13,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnkaran View Post
The worst part of all of this is that there is no dealer support other than the original selling dealer. It is like buying a new car but only the original selling dealer will warranty it.
Sometimes when you buy a product from a dealer far, far, away, in order to save money you don't end up saving a dime.

It's one thing if there are no dealers nearby selling what you want but to drive past them to someone as much as three states (or more) away, why would those dealers feel like helping you?

It's only natural that a dealer would want to make sure they have shop space and people to take care of those who bought from them rather than filling the shop and tying up their techs to support that dealer "900 miles away".

Can't compare with car dealers as they get a whole different level of support from the manufacturer.
__________________
"A wise man can change his mind. A fool never will."

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2004 Nissan Titan
TitanMike is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 01:15 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 15
Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanMike View Post
Sometimes when you buy a product from a dealer far, far, away, in order to save money you don't end up saving a dime.

It's one thing if there are no dealers nearby selling what you want but to drive past them to someone as much as three states (or more) away, why would those dealers feel like helping you?

It's only natural that a dealer would want to make sure they have shop space and people to take care of those who bought from them rather than filling the shop and tying up their techs to support that dealer "900 miles away".

Can't compare with car dealers as they get a whole different level of support from the manufacturer.
You are wrong, I did not drive by dealers to get a better price. I bought this where we live in Kentucky to be able to come to Florida this winter. You jumped to conclusions about where we are. As far as support for the dealers obviously it depends on the company and Forest River obviously does not care about it's customers.
jimnkaran is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,880
I "repaired" mine. Some engineering and 3M marine sealer... and silicone inside to insure a seal. The only way to repair mine(short of being the Thin Man) was to take apart the cabinet or remove the top. Neither was a good option on a newer RV. My end game plan is to put a drop in stainless sink and be done with it. I thought I wanted the sink covers(and can have some with residential sink), but it turns out I have to move them around when actually using the RV(in other words they are in MY way).
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 01:05 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 5
Ours did the same thing on our second trip out. Fortunately it was on the last day! Since it is under warranty, the dealer ordered a new component and will install this spring.
Camrick2104 is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 11:23 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 3
Our sink dropped also last week while out for a short trip in our 2018 23IKSS purchased new this past summer. This was only our third trip. It's a two-hour drive to our purchasing dealer and the last warranty work took three weeks. I am trying to decide which is the bigger hassle - take it back to the dealer or do it myself - which is why I'm looking at this thread and considering the fix it option.


My questions are:
1) What is the appropriate adhesive to use to reinstall the sink?
2) Should the drain and water lines be disconnected first? It is not hanging level given the attachments (actually it is being supported by a measuring cup on top of a sauce pan). Seems like it would be difficult to get a good bead otherwise?
3) Would I void the any warranty trying to repair myself first?
4) What would you do?
ckinton is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 02:13 PM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: davis ca
Posts: 50
I keep rereading this post because it just seems inconceivable to me that a sink that has a metal flange around it that is supposed to sit on top of a wooden cut-out is somehow glued underneath the cut out because whoever put it together didn't realize how to do it. And yes I guess it's a warranty item but I probably would just find a good plumber or contractor or someone who knew how to like fix kitchen sinks and I might just shell out of my own pocket a solution that is adorable and quickly Dawn and skip all this dragging your unit to some repair center warranty item that takes months I don't know sometimes you just bite the bullet and spend the money and get it out of your mind when you've done it right it's just an opinion and I'm not sure if it happened to me whether I would be so tolerant to spending a couple hundred bucks at the least
marcfriedman is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 02:24 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
dufferray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: The Villages, FL
Posts: 22
Take it back to your dealer

When our sink fell down on just our second trip we took it back to our dealer. They repaired it and we had it back within 3-4 days. Your unit is still under warranty so I would have your dealer make the repair.
dufferray is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 02:33 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,880
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcfriedman View Post
I keep rereading this post because it just seems inconceivable to me that a sink that has a metal flange around it that is supposed to sit on top of a wooden cut-out is somehow glued underneath the cut out because whoever put it together didn't realize how to do it. And yes I guess it's a warranty item but I probably would just find a good plumber or contractor or someone who knew how to like fix kitchen sinks and I might just shell out of my own pocket a solution that is adorable and quickly Dawn and skip all this dragging your unit to some repair center warranty item that takes months I don't know sometimes you just bite the bullet and spend the money and get it out of your mind when you've done it right it's just an opinion and I'm not sure if it happened to me whether I would be so tolerant to spending a couple hundred bucks at the least
Don't bank on the "plumber" fixing it. My bosses granite/stone bath room sink fell out... 2 plumbers later it was fixed...but they never came back and removed the supports that I know of.

The sinks mentioned here are bottom mount type sinks... or at least that's my interpretation. Mine was/is and in a "granite/wood countertop"
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 02:51 PM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: davis ca
Posts: 50
Ok so I just watched a you tube on how an undermount sink is correctly installed under granite. The installer marked and cut grooves into the granite at the four corners. Pretty deeply!! Then he used some kind of specific anchor screw with a. Metal hanger which had purchase onto the wooden framing. I certainly not be using an angle grinder inside my RV lying on my back to don't his if it hadn't been done at the factory unless I were on a lung transplant waiting list or had a hazmet suit with a long intake and exhaust from outside. Yes maybe that strap deal can work but to do it right the granite or whatever it is on top needs to be taken out side where a qualified granite top installer needs to do the prep work with the angle grinder as pictured in the YouTube. That's how I would do it because every time that sink moves it's torqueing your plastics such as fresh water and grey water. Something else is gonna prematurely fail.
marcfriedman is offline  
Old 01-29-2019, 03:14 PM   #31
D W
Senior Member
 
D W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ALASKA (World's Biggest Campground)
Posts: 4,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnkaran View Post
You are wrong, I did not drive by dealers to get a better price. I bought this where we live in Kentucky to be able to come to Florida this winter. You jumped to conclusions about where we are. As far as support for the dealers obviously it depends on the company and Forest River obviously does not care about it's customers.
How did your "repairman" contact the "factory"? (Post# 19)
__________________
'07 K3500 Silverado LT Crew Duramax (LBZ)
2016 Salem 27RKSS
1984 CHEV SCOTTSDALE K20 2GCGK24J0E1XXXXXX (Chevrolet Legends-Class of 2019)
"...exhaust fluid? We don't need no stinkin' exhaust fluid"
D W is online now  
Old 01-31-2019, 07:29 PM   #32
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
How did your "repairman" contact the "factory"? (Post# 19)
Got the number thru the dealer
jimnkaran is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 09:55 AM   #33
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 63
Under mount kitchen sink dropped in Rockwood 2606

My nine month old 2019 Rockwood dropped its kitchen sink last night. It was only glued in! Any idea of what kind of adhesive we should use? Id hate to start adding screws, etc. Its in warranty, and we have an extended warranty, but we are several states away from our dealer (in Texas for the winter) and there is no Rockwood dealer around here.
NH Traveler is offline  
Old 02-14-2019, 11:36 AM   #34
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: davis ca
Posts: 50
The only quick fix that makes any sense is the strap fix at the beginning of this thread. As I wrote earlier, if you use the search on YouTube you will find numerous films of how to install this kind of under the granite sinks in a manner which seems to have not been done with the RV version of this type of sink. Watch the YouTube's and see them install a sink correctly. There is basically no way to do it in a RV without pulling it all out and starting from scratch. The strap deal if u want a quick fix and won't actually be filling the sink with water will work. Good luck.
marcfriedman is offline  
Old 02-23-2019, 11:45 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1
under mount sinks

my brand new 2019 rockwood 2706 also dropped its sink! not wanting to wait for dealer repair i removed sink and mounted on top of counter. it only required drilling 4 holes in counter at the corners for threaded bosses on sink bottom. 30 yr silicone around edges and in holes at corners. counter is corian (or similar material) and is much thinner than your normal home counter top. as for the inlaid cutting boards, i can live with my wooden one from stove top of my previous tt. under-counter look vrs counter-top was not an issue, sad mounting system with glue was...
tlabrams2 is offline  
Old 02-25-2019, 11:19 AM   #36
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 63
Rockwood Came Through on Sink Warranty !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH Traveler View Post
My nine month old 2019 Rockwood dropped its kitchen sink last night. It was only glued in! Any idea of what kind of adhesive we should use? Id hate to start adding screws, etc. Its in warranty, and we have an extended warranty, but we are several states away from our dealer (in Texas for the winter) and there is no Rockwood dealer around here.
Well, I tried to add this info yesterday but it seems to have not posted. In a nutshell, local RV repairman came to our site, re-glued the sink in with Sikaflex 13-0003, propped it up from underneath with a T form made of wood and came back 48 hours later and put clear silicone on it. He says he does it all the time and never has a repeat problem. Best part was I sent a photo and the paid invoice to Rockwood and they have agreed to pay the $200 PLUS another $40 for a replacement thermostat I got at the same time to fix the problem of hot water blowing off outside. Great service all around! Back to loving my 2019 Rockwood 2606WS!
NH Traveler is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 1
Same Issue Sink Fell out

This just happen in our 2019 Micro Lite 25BDS we purchased Jan 2019. Sink was secured under counter top with just adhesive. This last week end the adhesive failed and the sink dropped. Calling dealer to see about repair If all they will do is re-apply more adhesive I will repair myself.
Bolt00 is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 03:40 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Langley, BC
Posts: 903
Never heard of this happening but am not surprised. Substandard workmanship at the factories is par for the course.

We have a solid surface counter and undermount sink in our TT. It is held in place by silicone AND clips. Undermount sinks in granite counters in houses are sometime held in place with 100% silicone only but using clips also is recommended. Sometimes epoxy is used. It's also important to make sure the mating surfaces are clean first.
__________________
Gil & Deb & Dougal the Springer Spaniel
Langley, BC
myredracer is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 04:55 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
SeventyGTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Fallon, Nv
Posts: 338
This is insane. I went out and looked at our Wildcat, and sure enough it's glued into the countertop from underneath. Although it seems very secure at the moment, I will definitely keep my eye on it!
__________________
2016 Wildcat Maxx 262RGX
2016 Ram 2500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 Cummins 6.7 CCSB Factory Auto-leveling and 5th Wheel Prep w/B&W ball kit, Andersen Ultimate

https://www.forestriverforums.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic98816_1.gif
SeventyGTX is offline  
Old 05-20-2019, 05:54 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Iwannacamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,880
My 17 came loose.... I was leaning my elbow on it putting up fake tile back splash and pushed it down. I think they bought the adhesive at Big Lots.
__________________
2017 Puma 297RLSS
2005 Ram 2500 4X4 diesel SMOKER!!
I love puns, irony and tasteless jokes...
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
21ds, sink

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:31 AM.