Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM   #1

Labor Day Weekend Non-Camping Plans

I imagine a large number of us FRF members are camping this weekend.
I also imagine quite a few of us aren't, for one reason or another.
Since my wife works this weekend we made plans for next weekend. We'll have all 5 grandkids, DD & DIL. No, not in the same tt. We will be taking the tt and we also rented a cabin that sleeps 8 at Marval Family Campgroungd Resort.
So this weekend I will be cleaning the tt, inside and out. I have already cleaned the roof and applied a coat of Protect-All Rubber Roof Treatment. I also applied Protect-All All Surface Care on the MaxxAir covers, Ac cover, refrig cover and tank vent covers. Of course I checked all caulking while I was up there and everything looked good.
I will be cleaning, plus doing a couple of simple mods, on the inside tomorrow. Sunday or Monday I will finish the outside, wash and apply Protect-All, since the high temps will be around 85º.

So what are your RV related Labor Day Weekend Non-Camping Plans?
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:38 PM   #2
Lottery Non-Winner

Wife is working, so I will take care of some chores that are overdue.
We are headed out next weekend for camping.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 07:50 PM   #3
camping

were home this weekend. having some family over on Sunday. we went last weekend and are also going the weekend after. going to be hot and a bit humid so glad we are staying home.
Monday it will cool down so I can work on getting the camper ready.
everyone have a safe Holiday

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Anacortesians

Just staying home, watching the very long lines of vehicles lining up for the San Jaun Islands ferry. We have commitments next week on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday (whatever happened to a leisurely retirement?). Since we don't usually camp on Friday or Saturday, unless we're out for more than a week, we'll probably head out after lunch on Sunday and plan to be home Friday evening.

Current idea is two nights at Icicle Creek, near Leavenworth, WA, then two nights at Beebe Bridge near Lake Chelan. and maybe one night on the way back over SR20, location TBD, but probably Pearrygin SP near Winthrop.

We had thought of a 10-day, 800 mile trip, but discretion became the better part of valor (not to mention cost considerations!).

We haven't tried Icicle Creek yet. If we can't get in there, we'll go to Blue Shastin, on US 97 just south of the intersection with US2. Nice little park, with fellow ex-pat Brit owners.

Might go down to Paine Field in Everett tomorrow, since it's in the opposite direction to the San Juan traffic. There's a vintage warbird airshow put on by Paul Allen's Heritage Museum. Rumor has it there might be three FW190s flying together.