Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 PM   #1

Lastest Camping Trip

This summer has been tough. With the hot temps we've had, nobody has been camping around here. This past weekend the high's finally were reasonable, mid 90's and the lows around 70º.
Since the LaCrosse is in for some minor warranty repairs I hooked up the pop up, loaded up the wife, a couple of grand daughters and a few supplies then headed out for the local SP. We were one of 4 campers all weekend. In this campround there are over 70 RV W/E sites, many W/E tent sites and numerous primative tent sites.
Friday evening we went down to the boat ramp and the kids and I waded in the water. I sliped, fell, knocked one of the kids down. Neither of us were hurt and we all had a good laugh until I realized my cell phone was in my pants pocket! I took the battery out, dried it the best I could and let it set overnight. The next morning it worked just fine.
We have a pontoon boat at the marina and I spent most of Saturday working on the boat lift. Last week's storms did a little damage, but nothing I couldn't take care of myself. Of course the boat's battery was dead so I had to hook it up to the charger.
Fishing was almost non-existent, but the kids did manage to catch a few small catfish. So they had fun. One pulled my wife's favorite pole in while she was helping one of the kids and her other pole broke when she hooked a decent size gar! She's still a little upset about all that.
The kids and I had a good time swimming. The water felt especially nice in the late afternoon at the end of a hot day.
The wild life is getting brave. The deer came very close and didn't spook too easy. The squirels seemed to like hanging around the pop up. Racoons woke us up in the middle of the night scratching at the door. We rescued one Saturday morning and another one Sunday morning from the dumpsters.
All in all we had a great time. It was nice to camp again without 100º+ temps.
We didn't take very many pics, but here's a few;
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	7427   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	7429   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	7430   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	7431  
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 10:05 PM   #2

No matter how short of a trip, or how close to home, the main thing is that you did go camp! Looks like it was a good trip.

Official member of the "Roo Kroo"!
2009 - 4, 2010 - 135
2011 - 95 and counting
skeeterbait8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:24 AM   #3

Getting out with family and making memories for the youngsters is what it's all about! I bet the the fall into the water that knocked a grand down will be one that lives on forever. I'm glad neither of you were hurt and that the cell phone survived!

Enjoying the great outdoors with one hubby and 2 boxers!
2011 Georgetown 280DS
2010 Jeep Wangler 4x4 Toad
KarenS144 is offline   Reply With Quote