Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2013, 05:56 PM   #21

I find it interesting that those Lynx guys can't even bother to put the dimensions of their product on their web page. Do you use the "cap"
as well? Seems like your tires wouldn't be well-supported without the cap.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #22

I have always used 6' 2x6 for leveling side to side. I would love to stop carrying the boards. To those that do use the Lynx levelers... Do you use 2 sets on a tandem axle? (one set if needed per tire or do you just raise one wheel for the weekend?)
Do you find them as effective at leveling as boards or compromise for the saved space?
TIA,
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #23
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman12001 View Post
I have always used 6' 2x6 for leveling side to side. I would love to stop carrying the boards. To those that do use the Lynx levelers... Do you use 2 sets on a tandem axle? (one set if needed per tire or do you just raise one wheel for the weekend?)
Do you find them as effective at leveling as boards or compromise for the saved space?
TIA,
crunchman
We have 2 sets and rarely use them. If we do, I usually put down a 6' pc of composite decking and then put the Lynx blocks on the board especially if the ground is soft as the Lynx blocks will sink in the ground.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #24
Always Learning

I wrote a quick "how to level" for my sister and included a bit about wood vs. Lynx Levelers:
RV Leveling/Lynx Levelers vs. wood

The long and short of it- I use and carry both. I love that they interlock and I can more easily drive up on them.

I don't use the caps for the lynx leveled and haven't really ever felt like I was missing something.

I have had a couple of occasions where they have sunk into the soft dirt and were hard to get back out.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
I wrote a quick "how to level" for my sister and included a bit about wood vs. Lynx Levelers:
RV Leveling/Lynx Levelers vs. wood

The long and short of it- I use and carry both. I love that they interlock and I can more easily drive up on them.

I don't use the caps for the lynx leveled and haven't really ever felt like I was missing something.

I have had a couple of occasions where they have sunk into the soft dirt and were hard to get back out.
Nice review, thank you
crunchman
Old 04-17-2013, 06:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
We have 2 sets and rarely use them. If we do, I usually put down a 6' pc of composite decking and then put the Lynx blocks on the board especially if the ground is soft as the Lynx blocks will sink in the ground.
Thanks OC, I had not thought of them sinking.
crunchman
Old 04-17-2013, 07:03 PM   #27
Site Team - Lou

I use the "Leggo" blocks but also carry several 12x12x2 pressure treated boards for use under the Leggo blocks.

I lost a few of the plastic blocks when they sunk into soft dirt; then froze solid into the ground in the morning. Unable to chop them out, and needing to leave, I was forced to abandon them. Now I put the wood down first.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:13 PM   #28
Explorer

Level-It

I posted these “Level-It”, leveling wedges maybe 6 months ago with the name and someone replied that they could not find them with a Google search. I have seen products that look similar to these but I don’t have the info, sorry.
I saw a post regarding stability and maybe that was in reference to the Andersen Leveling… Mine are extremely stable and do well in everything but sand. I read posts about X-Chocks and don’t think I will ever need them, I just don’t wobble much. I use these wedge levelers, chock tires on opposite side, four stabilizers and front jack, very minimal wiggel.
One caution is distance between wheels(double axle). My old camper(93’Terry ) I had barely enough space to put one between, in soft ground(tires would sink) I would have to knock the wedge in between. My new TT is fine, axles are further apart and never have an issue.
Good Luck
John
Attached Images

YoungKopernik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:42 PM   #29

I like the Lynx blocks because there lite, a few cheap cutting boards from the dollar store keeps them from sinking in the sand.
joeobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeobx View Post
I like the Lynx blocks because there lite, a few cheap cutting boards from the dollar store keeps them from sinking in the sand.
No shortage of creative ideas on this forum! Yes, those indestructible plastic cutting boards - avoids that heavy lumber again!
Doering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #31
Owner/Operator

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungKopernik View Post
I posted these “Level-It”, leveling wedges maybe 6 months ago with the name and someone replied that they could not find them with a Google search. I have seen products that look similar to these but I don’t have the info, sorry.
I saw a post regarding stability and maybe that was in reference to the Andersen Leveling… Mine are extremely stable and do well in everything but sand. I read posts about X-Chocks and don’t think I will ever need them, I just don’t wobble much. I use these wedge levelers, chock tires on opposite side, four stabilizers and front jack, very minimal wiggel.
One caution is distance between wheels(double axle). My old camper(93’Terry ) I had barely enough space to put one between, in soft ground(tires would sink) I would have to knock the wedge in between. My new TT is fine, axles are further apart and never have an issue.
Good Luck
John

John,

I think you have an extinct classic. I've googled for over an hour, white & yellow pages, etc. without success on "LEVEL-IT" in Fresno.

They look awesome, but as far as I can tell no longer available. Thanks for posting the picture of the information.

RodeoGeorge
All My Modifications are at this link:
https://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-36212.html
RodeoGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:28 PM   #32

I bought the yellow leveling blocks from Camping World. They work but they have already bent because they sunk in the mud at one site. Are the Lynx better or the same? Also, I watched the video on how they work. They use 6 blocks. What is you need to go higher, what is the configuration? They sell in 4 block and 10 block. In the video demo they stack 2x1 for tandem wheels and use 6 blocks. It seems if you needed more lift you could stack 2x2x1 but that would be a large initial step to get the wheel up and I think the blocks might slide? What do you guys do? Thx...

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
dalford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 08:41 AM   #33
Always Learning

Because I park on the road in front of my house and it's quite sloped for water runoff- I have to use a stack of blocks 4-high to get level. I had issues with just wood and making the steps up the 2x10s because they would slide on the concrete curb area.

I now have 30 Lynx Levelers (3 packs of 10 bought from Walmart). I make a ramp where the top layer is 6-blocks long, perfect for my tandem wheels.

It's a lot of blocks and pretty much a work of art.