Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2008, 09:27 AM   #1

Leveling the Windjammer

We bought a new Windjammer in June and are having issues with leveling and stability. Once we let the slides out, it throws the leveling off. We have tried living that one side higher than the other, but so far that hasn't worked either.

Also, when set up, the unit rocks and sways and doesn't seem stable. If the unit is facing north, all the jacks run east and west. We have looked at some other units and generally these are offset so that two would run EW in the back and NS in the front. We even bought an extra set of jacks, but that didn't help either. We have had it back at that dealer for repairs for over 3 weeks two different times (so we have got to camp in it for just a few days, so far!) But they look at us like we are crazy when we talk to them about this particular problem.

Does anyone have any better ideas?
RCBCampers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:01 AM   #2
Site Team

Slide-outs affecting leveling is a common occurance with RV's. The way most handle it is to set up a little high (about 1") on the slide side then when extending the slide it levels it out. Then put down your stabilizers. As for the rocking and swaying take a look at our site sponsers website. They may have what you need to stop that or at least minimize it greatly.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Rambler View Post
Slide-outs affecting leveling is a common occurance with RV's. The way most handle it is to set up a little high (about 1") on the slide side then when extending the slide it levels it out. Then put down your stabilizers. As for the rocking and swaying take a look at our site sponsers website. They may have what you need to stop that or at least minimize it greatly.
I agree that's a way to handle the out of level.

I also agree that you should check our new sponsor Steadyfast he has a real neat product for eliminating sway and wiggle. Also read one of his posts here at the bottom "Bounce and Shake Discussion".
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #4

Thanks, Guys! We will check these out!
RCBCampers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 11:27 PM   #5

Looking for answers myself.

As a new owner of a Rockwood Windjammer 3001 I can tell you that one of the big problems with the rear leveling feet is the dinky angle iron cross brace. Stand at the rear of the trailer and push it back and forth with one hand and you will see this brace flex big time. I will probably cut this out and replace it with a piece of 2"X3" rectangular tubing.

Are the slide out supports stand safe to use?
DCRC is offline   Reply With Quote