Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2021, 10:44 AM   #1

Leveling Travel Trailer

I have leveled my TT using a 2 foot level and boards for years. I recently ran across a product "Level Mate Pro" on youtube. I've been thinking about giving it to myself as a christmas present. I have read the reviews but would like to hear from the forum (who I trust more) on the pros and cons.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 10:50 AM   #2

Love mine. Works great with the Anderson Levelers but with my tires on the 2608BS being so close I quit using them and went back to the Lynx Levelers. Still use the LevelMatePro with it.
grege is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:03 AM   #3

I bought one this past summer. It hurt the wallet a bit but overall, I'm happy with it.

It's great for uneven sites where you move forward or backwards a few inches and it's level.

I too use the Lynx Levelers as it will tell you exactly how much you're off.
007matman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:12 AM   #4

I have had one for a few years no and love it. Seems to work great as I’ve tested it with a 4’level a few times just to be sure.. makes it easy when pulling into a site to see what side needs to go up and how much.. worth to me..
dsjohns71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:25 AM   #5

I don't use it so I should just shut up . . . but . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I googled it and it seems to be a lot of money (~$170) for something unnecessary.

I set my TT up this way when I first got it:
Spent a lot of time with several levels (6" torpedo, two foot and four foot) leveling the trailer in the driveway. I checked and checked inside and out - - the frame front and back (both sides), the A-frame, the floor inside, the kitchen counter, the dining table, even inside the frig).

Then I attached six levels like these:
https://www.amazon.com/Camco-25523-S...294693275&th=1
one at the front and rear corner of each sidewall and one in the center of the front and back caps.

I use the Andersen levelers:
https://www.amazon.com/Leveler-Ander...124707035&th=1
so when I back in a quick glance at the front level tells me how close I am side to side. I can usually get pretty darn close (sometimes a jog or two back or forward, admittedly)

When unhitched and using the tongue jack, a quick glance at one or both of the front sidewall levels will show when the trailer is level front to back. If any fine tuning is needed it can be accomplished as I deploy each stabilizer at the four corners, and there is a level right in front of my face at each location. Never seems to take more than an extra half turn to even things out, if needed.

I can be leveled out in just a few minutes. The important part is in leveling the trailer at the beginning and in careful, accurate attachment of the levels.

I was a carpenter for 40 years and used spirit levels nearly every day. If they are not abused they can remain accurate for almost forever. Unless they are physically bashed somehow. Mine have been in place for going on 10 years and are still accurate. The bouncing around during travel hasn't affected them at all.

And six levels and a tube of caulk only set me back about $15, and few hours time.
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:54 AM   #6

Interesting approach in all cases. My new camper to be will have a compressor fridge and it only needs to be level to within about +/-30° instead of +/-3°. So I only need to be level enough to keep from falling out of bed and good enough to poor my morning coffee. My iphone level app will handle that. Oh, and any unlevelness I encounter can be corrected with a liberal application of Bourbon.
Old 12-06-2021, 12:23 PM   #7
Part-Time Campground Host

We've used our for four years and would no be without it!
Battery life is good, only needs changed about once a year. Shuts itself off when not in use.
The range is also good I can read it in the truck when using our leveling chocks.
Once you use it a few times you will love it.
Merry Christmas!
Equalizer Hitch w/4-Point Sway Control

Days camped since 2015(retirement): 1687
cboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:47 PM   #8

I have one and its great, especially as I travel solo. I actually leveled my trailer with the slide out, then pulled the slide in and told the LevelMatePro that it was level. I can easily "level" by myself with the slide in and once done, can put out the slide and actually be level.

Mine is hardwired to the batteries with a $9 USB transformer off Amazon to make the required voltage and I use the auto on/off option.

Renogy bits: 3000W Inverter/Charger, 400Ah LiFePo4, 40A DC-to-DC
Rich Solar bits: 400W of panels, 40A MPPT
Misc bits: LevelMatePro+, SolidRemote based wireless controlled LED storage lighting
jbflag21ds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:09 PM   #9

My trailer came with it built-in and I love it. The range reaches all the way from the middle of the trailer where it is installed in-wall to the front of my Durango. (I can even connect to it from inside my house with the trailer in the driveway). I use the curved leveling ramps from WalMart. Mine is set to level with the slide out extended. With the slide out retracted, I know that .5 inches too high on the driver's side means I will be level with the slide out extended. I can also look at my phone as I am extending the stabilizer jacks to ensure I stay level.
NavyLCDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:04 PM   #10

Love mine, yes it is a bit much$$, had great success with it.

m
hybridlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 04:03 PM   #11

We have the Level Mate Pro and have never had any issues or complaints with using it, but if were to need a new one would defiantly take a look at the RV Leveler Pro which seems to do everything the Level Mate Pro does and about $70.00 cheaper.
Hayes Electronic Sway Master
Level Mate Pro +
quinndav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:38 AM   #12

We have a Level Mate Pro and really like it. Sure does make the levelling process much easier. Mounted it right inside the door so we don't have to put out the stairs to turn it on.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, trailer, travel, travel trailer