Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2014, 09:09 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by presley01 View Post
Yes it's the Rico system. There are pictures in my album
That is the system CW sells, When I called Rico they told me they had an auto level system for it but wanted a $1000.00 more for the board that was not included. I wanted The auto level so I went with Lippert with the auto level and remote. If you look at the CW site it shows an auto level, which is misleading unless you buy that board. Other then that you level it yourself per jack. CW told me that lippert made it, which when I called and they said they didn't, Rico did. It was all pretty confusing with CW......

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 08:39 AM   #22
Infractee

So how do you like this system? And did you end up with the system using electric or hydraulic?
After spending 20 minutes in the rain trying to level my camper this past trip on a very unlevel pad , and then being surrounded by 5th wheels and class A's that all had an auto level system I am becoming interested in a good system, maybe not necessarily "automatic" but at the very least something that will be done at the push of a button, or even using my touchscreen remote that I use for everything now.
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:48 AM   #23

I went with the lippert 6 pt ground system hydraulic, but they only installed a 4 point. They said if a 6 pt was put on, it would fight itself being It's only 31' long. They also had to reinforce my frame because they didn't want it to twist, VERY EASY TO DO ON AUTO. Cost the same thing as the electric Rico/electrical installed. Each jack will pick up 7000 lbs. They are coming out with and might now have the Black Cat system. It's hydraulic. The difference is that each jack has it's own reservoir. And then each is connected to electrical plug. (NO more hoses) I'm level with in 2 minutes. Front rams are 24" and rear are 17" stroke. Each ram is at 15 degrees offset to stabilize the 5 er. I still use my rear electric after the unit is level. I think it helps. Should have done it years ago, but didn't have 3400.00 at the time. A 6 pt. would have cost 4200.00 plus the extra for reinforcing the frame. ( didn't have to pay for that my price was installed ) Got it done at the factory during the rally. I can also use it in manual mode to drop one ram to change a tire. Haven't had any problems at all. The display board will show you the # of degrees each leg is off. To me it's worth every penny. To others not. I would have preferred the Black Cat system but in August it wasn't ready yet, that will be there next new big thing. Also with the electric system you will still need to drop your legs as you do now. Hydralic is all ram and the electrical is all legs like you have on the front now. You still would have to pull the pins to drop them.

Old 01-06-2015, 10:13 AM   #24
Infractee

I do not mind pulling the pins and such, tho hydraulic would be much quieter and faster. What kind of reinforcing did they do to your frame?
RhoZeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:30 PM   #25

They welded cross channels / tubing same material as the frame forward and aft. of the axles to stop any twisting, plus welded and tied into and extended the rear mounting area of the hydraulic cylinders and extended it back past the 2nd axle where they mounted the ram about a 3' section on each side, which they then tied into the frame below and into the cross membrane it solid welded. Then the Ram is bolted into the frame and the new section also the original used 8 bolts each ram. I don't have the picture anymore but I'll attach a picture of what they used from a frame picture I have. Same material as the tubing / channel on the right of this photo. I think the correct term is tubing. If you need I could crawl under there and take some pics. I posted them 1 time already but don't remember the thread name. If that frame twist or moves it is on them, they engineered it. remember the capacity of each ram is 7000 lbs. my trailer total weight is only about 9200 lbs. It would be pretty easy to twist that frame when I hit auto level. They work in sequence, starting at the right front then left front then left rear and right rear then will find level front to back then side to side. That's after I unhook with both of the landing gear down and pull the truck out. It also recalls my position height at disconnect to re hook -up. This is all done within 2 mins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Factory Tour 002.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	57.5 KB
ID:	68214