Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2022, 07:53 AM   #1

Lippert Slide Recall

Lippert TSB 146-001-2022.pdf

Our Sunseeker is back in the shop again. The latest repair lasted for two camping trips or 4 cycles of the slide. Anyone else having similar problems?

2014 Sunseeker 3050s
2011 Ford Fiesta
RBotr01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:39 AM   #2

My unit is in the shop with a slide issue. I was not aware of this TSB. I have sent the information to the shop to validate whether this applies. I would like to think they have this information already, but appreciate the post as I was not previously aware.
darrellr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 12:55 PM   #3
4 TTs in 20yrs

Angry Poor assembly and even worse service

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBotr01 View Post
Attachment 278234

Our Sunseeker is back in the shop again. The latest repair lasted for two camping trips or 4 cycles of the slide. Anyone else having similar problems?
Our Swintek on our 2022 Apex Nano quit working after only a few cycles. The dealership has had our unit for over 5 weeks for what they originally said would be repaired in 3 days. Weekly calls to them result in no call-backs and nobody knows the status of the repairs on our unit.

Never again.
RoadYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 01:03 PM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadYogi View Post
Our Swintek on our 2022 Apex Nano quit working after only a few cycles. The dealership has had our unit for over 5 weeks for what they originally said would be repaired in 3 days. Weekly calls to them result in no call-backs and nobody knows the status of the repairs on our unit.

Never again.
I understand the frustration but have you visited them in the 5 weeks and spoken with anyone? If I call someone that is doing service work for me and do not get a call-back, I go see why. If whomever I speak with can't give me answers, I demand (politely) to speak to whomever CAN provide answers.

I'm not being crass... I just don't understand the many posts where folks say "I dropped my R/V off for service 3 months ago and haven't heard a word."

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 02:57 PM   #5
4 TTs in 20yrs

No reliable service anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
I understand the frustration but have you visited them in the 5 weeks and spoken with anyone? If I call someone that is doing service work for me and do not get a call-back, I go see why. If whomever I speak with can't give me answers, I demand (politely) to speak to whomever CAN provide answers.

I'm not being crass... I just don't understand the many posts where folks say "I dropped my R/V off for service 3 months ago and haven't heard a word."
You better believe we have stayed on top of what was supposed to be a 3-day repair. We call at least twice weekly because the dealer refuses to update us unless we put in the work. Roughly 1/3 of calls are never answered forcing us to continue to spend time trying to get through, NONE of the calls in which we leave messages are returned. Their only response is we are free to come drag the broken unit home. Calls and messages for the management go unanswered.
Buyers beware!
RoadYogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:54 PM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadYogi View Post
You better believe we have stayed on top of what was supposed to be a 3-day repair. We call at least twice weekly because the dealer refuses to update us unless we put in the work. Roughly 1/3 of calls are never answered forcing us to continue to spend time trying to get through, NONE of the calls in which we leave messages are returned. Their only response is we are free to come drag the broken unit home. Calls and messages for the management go unanswered.

Buyers beware!
I'll ask again... have you paid them a personal visit? Doesn't not answering/returning calls indicate a different course of action is required?

Old 08-26-2022, 08:19 PM   #7

Quote:
I'll ask again... have you paid them a personal visit? Doesn't not answering/returning calls indicate a different course of action is required?
This is true, for sure. But I don't think the root problem is that the poster is not visiting the shop. The problem is the manufacturers are not holding the shops accountable. We need to find a better way to apply pressure on the manufacturers (and component makers) to get their products fixed. But dealers and shops are short staffed, and those that are there seem to be focused on prepping trailers that have been sold, not fixing trailers that have already been sold (especially if they didn't sell it originally). Manufacturers need to apply some pressure to balance it out a little better.
Another thing, some people are not within minutes of the dealer/shop where repairs are happening. We have exactly one FR shop in our area and it is a new dealership. If not there, I would have to drive 2-3 hours to a FR dealer for repairs. I am not going to be driving there every week, nor should I have to, to make sure my RV's service is being performed.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:25 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellr View Post
This is true, for sure. But I don't think the root problem is that the poster is not visiting the shop. The problem is the manufacturers are not holding the shops accountable. We need to find a better way to apply pressure on the manufacturers (and component makers) to get their products fixed. But dealers and shops are short staffed, and those that are there seem to be focused on prepping trailers that have been sold, not fixing trailers that have already been sold (especially if they didn't sell it originally). Manufacturers need to apply some pressure to balance it out a little better.
Another thing, some people are not within minutes of the dealer/shop where repairs are happening. We have exactly one FR shop in our area and it is a new dealership. If not there, I would have to drive 2-3 hours to a FR dealer for repairs. I am not going to be driving there every week, nor should I have to, to make sure my RV's service is being performed.
I agree, one shouldn't have to.
But, if thing's are not getting done and phone calls go unanswered, it's time for a different course of action.

Go get it and call a mobile tech is one option.
At least then it's mostly under your control.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Go get it and call a mobile tech is one option.
At least then it's mostly under your control.
It might also cost you a significant amount of money. Have you tried to get a call back from Forest River (or in my case Riverstone) lately? Mobile service has to either be approved ahead of time or you run the risk of having to eat the parts and labor costs. I agree, this is a good course of action, but it is a lot of risk to take on. The whole industry, and most specifically Forest River, sucks right now when something goes wrong.
Old 08-26-2022, 10:32 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrellr View Post
It might also cost you a significant amount of money. Have you tried to get a call back from Forest River (or in my case Riverstone) lately? Mobile service has to either be approved ahead of time or you run the risk of having to eat the parts and labor costs. I agree, this is a good course of action, but it is a lot of risk to take on. The whole industry, and most specifically Forest River, sucks right now when something goes wrong.
I have used independent rv repair shops and mobile for warranty work all over the country. In every repair but one, the independent got the pre-approval from FR (or later XtraRide extended warranty) and I was never out any money, took no risk, did not pay up front. It worked the same as if I had gone to a dealer except that I received timely, quality work
I might add that I have a friend who owns a local RV service shop and while he will still do FR brands warranty work, he has stopped doing any for Grand Design as they quit paying the full amount, even when they had approved it. Hopefully FR doesn't follow suit.
Reese Fifth Airborne Sidewinder
NMWildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2022, 10:19 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMWildcat View Post
I have used independent rv repair shops and mobile for warranty work all over the country. In every repair but one, the independent got the pre-approval from FR (or later XtraRide extended warranty) and I was never out any money, took no risk, did not pay up front. It worked the same as if I had gone to a dealer except that I received timely, quality work
I might add that I have a friend who owns a local RV service shop and while he will still do FR brands warranty work, he has stopped doing any for Grand Design as they quit paying the full amount, even when they had approved it. Hopefully FR doesn't follow suit.
I agree, this is how it worked in the past. But now, FR warranty reviews sit for 30+ days. If they don't respond to their own dealers, they will probably not be any more responsive to the mobile techs. If anyone hears differently, please share.

Tags
recall, slide