Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2017, 07:55 AM   #1

looking into new Rockwood Mini lite

My wife and are looking into a new mini lite. We like the floorplan of the 1902 or 1905. Wondering if anyone has one and when the murphy bed is down can you still walk in front of it to get out the door. Any other info would help. I have had a problem finding one in the Massachusetts area. Thanks
chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 09:39 AM   #2

IMHO if you're looking at the 19' lengths, or so, you might want to take a look at the Grey Wolf 19RR! We had another trailer about that length, and after we started camping and saw the number of people that brought Golf Carts along, we bought a Cricket mini golf cart to carry in the short bed of my F150. No fun loading or unloading it from the truck, so we looked for a Toy Hauler, that was first a travel trailer, then had the capability to carry the golf cart. The Grey Wolf 19RR was a perfect match, for what we were looking for. Am sure nothing wrong with the Rockwood Mini Lite, or any other. Just an option you might consider. Happy camping,
26RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
Site Team

Just be aware that having 19 in the model number, doesn't mean it's 19ft long.
Tongue to bumper length will always be longer.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 04:18 PM   #4

Bikendan, of course. The 19RR is 23' 11". Body is around 19'. Thanks for clarifying that.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:37 PM   #5

We have the 1905 (cabinets above dinette vs. fold down bunk). Really, really happy w/size, weight and finish. With bed down you can squeeze around to the front. Besides 3110 weight dry, love size of shower and throne, inside storage and electric awning option. Ours has a lot of the options. We looked a lot and couldn't find a better option. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4644.JPG
Views:	158
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	129179
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4645.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	129184

Name:	IMG_4646.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	197.0 KB
ID:	129185

Name:	IMG_4643.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	212.3 KB
ID:	129186

Name:	IMG_4628.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	428.4 KB
ID:	129187

Name:	IMG_4609.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	602.5 KB
ID:	129188

May you be as happy and fascinated with you'd as we are with ours!!!
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 06:50 AM   #6

Smile Thanks

Thank you for the pictures. If you have a pic of the inside of the door opening when the bed is down that would help so much.

Again thanks and we really appreciate you help.
chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 07:41 AM   #7

Very nice camper Palms! Am sure you enjoy it! For us, carrying a Mini Golf Cart along, a Toy Hauler was just perfect. Lot of options out there! Happy Camping!
Old 02-05-2017, 02:18 PM   #8

Mini Lite

We have the older 1805S. We really liked the sofa on the slide out with the table option. It gives us more open space and works better with our dog.
We have dual axles because we sometimes go off grid in the Rocky Mountains and I would be frightened to get a flat and have to change it immediately on a steep, winding road. We also got two batteries for the same off grid reason. If you are on roads and RV campgrounds, you can lighten your load with a single axel model (and for the same weight, perhaps go up in size?)
Our one major problem is the bed. We would much rather have a bed with access from both sides so one of us doesn't have to climb over the other in the middle of the night. So, any option with access from both sides on the bed is a real plus.
CORVTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:21 PM   #9

We had a mini light with the murphy bed. Except for having to resecure the murphy bed when the screws pulled out of the aluminum studs, we were very happy with it. Easy to enter or exit with bed up or down. Traded because the wife didn't have enough closet space.
RStormC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:36 PM   #10

We considered that model but decided that would be too much up and down for us. Also, the tv wasn't mounted where you could see it from the dinette, so if the wife went to bed before me, the no tv for me the rest of the night. Long story short, we still got a very comfy couch in a slide out and the tv is visible from the bed and couch on the 2109S. More than roomy enough for 2 of us and 2 grandkids if they came along. big bonus was the dual axle, this tows like a charm, don't even know it's back there! I have much more piece of mind should one tire blow out on me at 65mph. Check the 2109S before you buy!
mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 02:59 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgarland48 View Post
We considered that model but decided that would be too much up and down for us. Also, the tv wasn't mounted where you could see it from the dinette, so if the wife went to bed before me, the no tv for me the rest of the night. Long story short, we still got a very comfy couch in a slide out and the tv is visible from the bed and couch on the 2109S. More than roomy enough for 2 of us and 2 grandkids if they came along. big bonus was the dual axle, this tows like a charm, don't even know it's back there! I have much more piece of mind should one tire blow out on me at 65mph. Check the 2109S before you buy!
We too considered the Murphy bed plans but ended up choosing the 2109s as well. The sofa in the slide was more comfortable than the Murphy. For 2 adults and a dog, it's perfect for us.
'16 nights camped = 12 (first year)
www.travelingboilers.com
Traveling_Boilers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #12

We have the 1905 and love it !! It's great for the two of us and the dog. Bed is easy to put down and put up and there's enough room to get by to the door. Lots of storage and huge bathroom. TV is in the perfect spot for watching either in bed or on couch.
2017 F150 V6 3.5L Ecoboost Supercrew Short Bed

Franklins Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:10 PM   #13

We have a Flagstaff Microlite with the Murphy bed. With the bed down, it does not cause any issues going in and out of the door.
Harris85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveling_Boilers View Post
We too considered the Murphy bed plans but ended up choosing the 2109s as well. The sofa in the slide was more comfortable than the Murphy. For 2 adults and a dog, it's perfect for us.
Did you reinforce the fresh water tank on your 2019S? I have to do that yet. I saw this video and sure enough, they didn't fix it in the 2017 models either. A friend is going to help me reinforce it and put a cowling in front to keep rocks from hitting the unprotected tank on the front side. We'll put in some galvanized metal on the bottom to protect it as well.

I have a feeling a lot of Rockwood Mini Lites have the same issue.

mgarland48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 06:43 AM   #15
MCTroy

Our friends are considering a mini lite 19' . There will be occasions when she will camp alone. While very capable of setting up a camper etc, she is worried about managing the Murphy bed since she is only 5' tall. Can she reach the latches? Is it heavy to put back in up? Or could it be left down when towing home? We weren't able to try the bed at the dealership yet.
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 08:27 AM   #16

The bed has gas shocks, like the trunk of a car. I find it light. It can be down when traveling.
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #17

We also looked into the Micro-lite with the Murphy Bed. I found myself liking it for the reason that if we had company it gave us another place to sit. Then I came to my senses and said " NO I am not buying this for Other people" I am not sleeping on a thin fold away mattress so in the event some Other people could have a seat. Instead we went with the Micro-lite 21FBRS with the slide out sofa and a nice thick queen size bed.. Could not be happier. Tons of room in the trailer and a nice bed to get a good nights sleep on.. All that still in a nice light weight easily towed package. Each person has their own reason for why they like what they like. That's why there are so many options. Took us 6 months to finally fall in love with the one we brought after looking at just about every brand on the market. Good Luck..
PupScrappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:01 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PupScrappy View Post
I am not sleeping on a thin fold away mattress so in the event some Other people could have a seat.
??? ....... We've had both a regular "full time" bed in our 21DS and now the Murphy Bed in our 25KS, and they are the same mattress. ..... Swinging the bed up against the wall, out of the way doesn't require the mattress to be any less quality than if it's left in place 24/7, taking up precious space in a smaller tt. .... Of course the standard "original equipment" mattress in a tt would never be considered 5 star hotel quality, which leads many folks to upgrade or replace their mattress with something better, but that can and is, done to both regular and Murphy beds as well. ..... Like you, our choice of tt had nothing to do with accommodating guest, ..... but, us choosing the MB this time, also had nothing to do with accommodating guest. .... happy trailering ....

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 10:05 AM   #19

We love our normal-mattress murphy bed. So nice to have a couch during the day.......
aeblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 12:17 PM   #20

We bot a Rockwood Mini a few years ago and really like it. Ours is the 2109s with slide out. I pull it with Toyota 4 runner and wish I had a bigger engine when in the hills. Again, I can't say any thing bad about my TT.
Michael Tangora is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lite, rockwood, rockwood mini lite