Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2014, 08:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nducker23 View Post
We want the toy garage. I'm not fond of pulling our Polaris into the living area. But at the time the grey wolf was what we could safely pull with our half ton chevy

Sent from my VK810 4G using Forest River Forums mobile app
I want the toy garage as well; since the remain space will work for me. If I had a lot of toys, I would be like bitnine, not liking the confined area of a garage; I have seen essentially a car hauler with living space that would work for him. I haven't seen one personally like. I've "toyed" (pun intended) with the idea of buying a gooseneck car hauler (open) and aluminum... and build my own. The only thing stopping me, was I thought it essential to have a slide and I don't think I can pull that off from scratch (of course, I could borrow one from a wrecked RV). I even looked at horse trailers with living, but the tank capacities were limiting... not to mention the prices of a good one. The featherlites are beautifully made, however. So, the 29HFS will be ready for pickup Friday, but I am going to consider the 30HFS5 and also look at a Carbon 31... and if they really speak to me, I will go with one of them... that is IF the price can be worked out to my liking.

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:12 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
Skip everything and go to a 40' Motorhome+TOAD Trailer & avoid the upgrades...that's where most folks end up anyhow
Bama, either a big MH or 5W... it is true for many people. But only for those with more discretionary income than me. If I was full timing, it might be different. I would go as big as possible. Probably wouldn't be a Prevost pulling a 24' matching full-body paint stacker-trailer with Mini Cooper and Harley CVO glide inside. Who knows, I might go back to backpacking!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006PrevostVantareH_MHF10301207 ext rear side trailer.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	52235  

2017 F-250 4x4 6.2L Gas
I can't fix everything, but I can make it so nobody else can
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Bama, either a big MH or 5W... it is true for many people. But only for those with more discretionary income than me. If I was full timing, it might be different. I would go as big as possible. Probably wouldn't be a Prevost pulling a 24' matching full-body paint stacker-trailer with Mini Cooper and Harley CVO glide inside. Who knows, I might go back to backpacking!
I hear ya WolfWhistle! We are probably where we will remain as well - our 5er is plenty big for us!

My only desire for a full up motor home is the sheer convenience of it all. Park, push a couple of buttons and you are auto-leveled, stabelized and ready to go - shoot with the inverter and huge tanks you don't even need to hook to shore any time soon - real nice for those times you pull into camp during a downpour
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #24

Sorry I having posted much been busy with corn planting. But the people we usually go camping with we are outside most of time. But we will probably keep the grey wolf for most of season and wait for dealers to start having sales on new model's.

nducker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:07 AM   #25

Every body is different. We go camping to get away from people.the fw times we had guests was very annoying

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 05-13-2014, 08:32 AM   #26

Check this one out! It has a separate 12' garage which can be used as a separate bedroom or game room. It comes with a roll down screen with privacy panels. It has a slide out dinette and is under $20 grand!

comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #27

Nice camper. But wife wants a separate bedroom. She has her mind ser on a 5er

nducker23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping