Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2021, 09:19 PM   #1

Low Humidity

We live in Arizona.Our humidity in TT is rarely above the low teens.How can I get that up without running and refilling a humidifier every day.Tried two small buckets of water.It did nothing.
Wildcat Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:23 PM   #2
Now a "Top Member"

Well, short of moving to somewhere where there is humidity, I think you're going to be stuck using a humidifier. But I sure would be interested in seeing if there is another way.
Retired AF MSgt

I thought I was wrong once, but I was wrong!
EdJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:24 PM   #3

Move to Louisiana, Mississippi or anywhere else in the southeast.
wwestman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:20 PM   #4
Scoundrel

You must apply heat to water to increase its vapor pressure, thus, adding humidity to a room. Substances that have a high vapor pressure at normal ambient temperatures are considered volatile, and you don't want them in your camper.

Without adding heat to water, you won't get any appreciable increase in humidity through normal evaporation.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 11:11 PM   #5

Does this not concern anyone else.Seems to dry is bad.Not as bad maybe as to moist,
Wildcat Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:37 AM   #6
Scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Buckeye View Post
Does this not concern anyone else.Seems to dry is bad.Not as bad maybe as to moist,
In recent years our TT has spent a lot of time in both CO and in FL.

When in the dry southwest air of western CO I pay extra attention to the window, door, corner seals (I've already sealed the roof with Eternabond Tape) as that caulk tends to dry out quickly. I also keep the tires covered to protect them from UV degradation. I don't worry about the interior except to pour some water in the toilet to keep the seal wet.

When in FL I'm frequently chasing mold around the interior (with a sponge and bleach) and cleaning the exterior... especially the awning. Uggghhhh!

Personally I prefer that my TT be in dry heat and not in high humidity. Same for myself.

Wooden Spoon Survivor
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 12:45 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat Buckeye View Post
They use Swamp Coolers in the dry desert to cool. Apparently, they make swamp coolers for rvs.
Check this out: https://rvshare.com/blog/best-rv-swamp-coolers/