Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2007, 05:52 PM   #1

LSU football tomorrow

ESPN, tonight,(7pm) the tigers are on! Can't wait, 1st college game on national TV. Should I take the day off?? Got my jambalaya done, got some boudin, couch couch, pigs feet, aligator tail, head cheese, gumbo, po boys, cracklin, beer, etc., more beer.

Look out VT we're gonna get ya too. Right Kim?

J.R. Tiga fan
J.R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #2

Don't let them get too worn out. We're coming to get ya on Sept 8!!!

BTW, ESPN Gameday will be in Blacksburg Saturday. Look for me there. I'll be wearing maroon and orange.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:27 PM   #3

I'll be at the game on the 8th and I'll be wearing purple and gold if you want to find me.The party (tailgating) starts at 10am, you're invited in the campers section. It's a happening as you know. You're a good man.
Old 08-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #4
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
I love tailgating! Wish I were closer...

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 06:59 PM   #5

I wish I were coming down there. I have heard it is an experience to go to an LSU game. However we will be finishing our beach vacation in Myrtle on the 9th so I'll have to watch it on TV.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
I wish I were coming down there. I have heard it is an experience to go to an LSU game. However we will be finishing our beach vacation in Myrtle on the 9th so I'll have to watch it on TV.
we know how to pass a good time. lezy les bonne ton roulett(let the good times roll)

Old 08-29-2007, 08:35 PM   #7

I fly the colors of a great team.

Geaux Tigers

Listen to Mike the Tiger Growl
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 08:50 PM   #8

Oh so now you're ganging up on me.

Old 08-30-2007, 04:50 AM   #9

I didn't mention your name at all....
milzat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 06:59 AM   #10

12 hours till kickoff. Nice post Michael. I was wondering if you would chime in. Beautiful growl!!VT fans, ganging up is what's going to happen next week on the 8th.

Jimmy
Old 08-30-2007, 07:47 AM   #11

Good luck tonight. You guys won't have much trouble with Mississippi State. Probably won't have any trouble with us either. After reading a few different articles along the way I think our offense will still suck like last year. Maybe not quite as bad last year but our O.C. is not the best in the world. Stop the run and you stop us. The defense can only keep us in games so long.

Old 08-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #12

Not a bad scrimmage game tonight. Congratulations.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:24 PM   #13

Offense needs much work. Defense was better than I expected. New quarter back; lucky we have loads of talent. Next week will be a BIG test. Still praying for the good folks of VT.

Jimmy
Old 08-31-2007, 07:49 PM   #14

Thanks J.R. Miss. State seems to be comparable to Duke in the ACC talent wise. Every conference needs a whipping boy. Otherwise the SEC is still the toughest conference in the country, IMO.

Tomorrow's pre-game will be carried live by ESPN starting around 11:30. It will be a special tribute to the 32 faculty and students shot down by that nut on April 16. If you can, tune in to that as it should be a really moving experience. After that, who knows what the game outcome will be. We should take care of ECU without much difficulty but our offense remains a huge question mark. The defense will likely take over the game early to give the offense time to get moving to some degree.

I know that if our offense plays as lousy as last year, then next week's game may end up being a defensive battle. I just hope we keep it respectable.

Old 09-02-2007, 04:06 PM   #15

Sorry I missed the whole thing because of travel to B.R. for wedding etc. I did see some of the game when the score was 7-3. Like you said it should be great football next Saturday. The game's at 8:15 so we might have to start the tailgating a little later... oh what the heck!!

Jimmy

P.S. I just saw on ESPN the LSU - VT game will be game day. This is a big game!!
Old 09-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #16

I'm sitting a few yards from the Atlantic ocean right now. Can't beat it.

I didn't expect the offense to be as lousy as it was yesterday. ECU has a pretty decent team and will win a few games but our whole team seemed to be in a daze. I think the overall activities of the day had a negative impact on them. It was a diifferent game day from normal for us.

So game day is coming. Must be the biggest game of the day then. Hopefully we will put on a better performance than we did this past week.

When our games start late, tailgating still starts early for lots of them. Lots of people are totaly wasted by kickoff.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:56 PM   #17
RAC

Well UCLA won Big....what are the Jokies doing?
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:41 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredArmyCWO View Post
Well UCLA won Big....what are the Jokies doing?
ECU would take Stanford to the woodshed, so the teddy bears didn't do much. At least we aren't Michigan fans!!!

Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 AM   #19
RAC

ECU? LOLOLOL! Speaking of woodsheds.....I imagine the Jokies will be in splinters after LSU this weekend.
RAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:40 PM   #20

LSU will pay tribute to the Hokies on Saturday nite. LSU's band (best in the land) will play VT's alma mater after three skydivers land on the field, one bearing the VT school flag, one with an LSU flag and a third with a U.S. flag.After all this happens there will be a moment of silence. I think it's going to be a class act and the paper says VT officals were pleased with this plan. Can't wait to be part of that action. Hope I'm not too wasted to enjoy,; I know I won't be. Outside the stadium the VT Alumni Assoc. will be presented with a wall-sized quilt at the pregame party. The quilt squares were made by LSU students, some of them football players. What's with the quilts lately???
That's all I know.

J.R.