Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2016, 03:41 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns-Camden View Post

I had not heard that Killeen's had upgraded to 50 amp....any idea which loops they upgraded?

Loops C and D I believe, D for sure stayed there in D in the spring.

Has anyone tried Massey's Landing down around Long Neck. Seems to be a new location in 2016.
From what I understand it's booked solid this season. Coworker is going in about 3 weeks. He did say it looks exciting. He was delivering construction equipment at the time. They do have a cancellation list(?) going. I would imagine that is a lengthy list as well. I waiting for a report back first.

2016 Ford F250 XLT 4X4 6.2L
2015 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329SS
Hensley Arrow
uhduh camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:00 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browns-Camden View Post
Nice to see other Southern Delaware campers. We are from Camden, DE. Never been to Lum's though....we will have to try that now.

I had not heard that Killeen's had upgraded to 50 amp....any idea which loops they upgraded?

We tend to like Yogi in Milford...sorry to see others having problems there. We also like Assateague but very few electric sites there. Frontiertown is nice, but I got disgusted with the 3 night minimum in summer which does not work well for my job.

Has anyone tried Massey's Landing down around Long Neck. Seems to be a new location in 2016.
The only thing i could get was Labor Day weekend. i am number 6 on the list for the fourth of july weekend so fingers crossed. we have a big party in pot nets bayside every year and dont want to drive west after a night out. i did drive through on memorial day weekend it was def nice and a fresh face to the area. just had a little more work to do which is understandable given they were trying thier hardest to be open for memorial day. in a few years when the trees grow and there is nice shade its going to be the place to be on the pay. hope they keep up the good work and the good customer service i have heard from a few people who have stayed. might be a location i book every holiday weekend for a few years.
2017 Nights Camped 75 and counting
2018 Nights Camped 40 and counting[/b]
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
raforan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:40 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by uhduh camping View Post
Fox point is a former SuperFund Site. I believe it was Dupont (could be wrong) severely contaminated that area. The state dug a lot of dirt and debris out of that area, destroyed that stuff. Brought in fresh dirt, back filled and called it a park. Could also be why it's not manned They really should not charge for that place all you can do is look at the water. Wilmington's Riverwalk is more interesting and that's free.
Can I park RV at Riverwalk?

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:42 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delco Bobby View Post
Can I park RV at Riverwalk?
I think you can i am 31 foot and ive seen the same trailer i have parked there with room should be fine
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
Old 06-15-2016, 04:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Fox point is a former SuperFund Site. I believe it was Dupont (could be wrong) severely contaminated that area. The state dug a lot of dirt and debris out of that area, destroyed that stuff. Brought in fresh dirt, back filled and called it a park. Could also be why it's not manned They really should not charge for that place all you can do is look at the water. Wilmington's Riverwalk is more interesting and that's free.
I noticed a business on the road leading to Fox Point (Lighthouse Road?) there is a business that has a truck scale. Right by the road. I am wondering if I could weigh my RV there. It might be a tight fit.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:16 PM   #26

Quote:
I noticed a business on the road leading to Fox Point (Lighthouse Road?) there is a business that has a truck scale. Right by the road. I am wondering if I could weigh my RV there. It might be a tight fit.
Don't really know for sure about the business nor the scales. I don't recall seeing them. Most of the time I am boogying up and down 495 so I would not see it.

Killen's Pond has quiet CAT scales two miles away. Depending on your route you would drive right by it. Just sayn

Hensley Arrow
Old 06-15-2016, 05:31 PM   #27

Quote:
Don't really know for sure about the business nor the scales. I don't recall seeing them. Most of the time I am boogying up and down 495 so I would not see it.

Killen's Pond has quiet CAT scales two miles away. Depending on your route you would drive right by it. Just sayn
It is out of the way in my normal life but I will be making a trip to Dewey Beach in August. And I plan another trip to Laurel so I will be on 13.

Do you know anything about Slaughter Beach? I see the signs but I have no clue about it.

Old 06-15-2016, 05:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by raforan View Post
I think you can i am 31 foot and ive seen the same trailer i have parked there with room should be fine
Cool, thanks.

Old 06-15-2016, 06:27 PM   #29

Made a stop in at Lums Pond today and they are scrambling to get the small store at check in ready, did not get to drive thru as they are STILL working on things and the lady in the office said the contractors have not yet turned the place back over to the state, hope they get it opened as I saw a lot of reserved sites on the reservation page.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:36 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Made a stop in at Lums Pond today and they are scrambling to get the small store at check in ready, did not get to drive thru as they are STILL working on things and the lady in the office said the contractors have not yet turned the place back over to the state, hope they get it opened as I saw a lot of reserved sites on the reservation page.
We would be one that has reservations there this weekend. I called yesterday our site will be ready but will be some sites may not open until next weekend. She did confirm with me that if anyone who got reservations that their site would be ready.

Hensley Arrow
Old 06-15-2016, 07:52 PM   #31

Quote:
It is out of the way in my normal life but I will be making a trip to Dewey Beach in August. And I plan another trip to Laurel so I will be on 13.

Do you know anything about Slaughter Beach? I see the signs but I have no clue about it.
Slaughter beach is just a bug infested sleepy town. Just beach houses and fire dept. If all you want is the beach then it's ok. Absolutely nothing like Dewey. But on bright side parking and traffic is much easier. Oh and a really nice boat launch.

Hensley Arrow
Old 06-15-2016, 07:54 PM   #32

Quote:
We would be one that has reservations there this weekend. I called yesterday our site will be ready but will be some sites may not open until next weekend. She did confirm with me that if anyone who got reservations that their site would be ready.
Ok, glad they informed you, I wanted to stay there tonight to be ready to leave for our trip but seeing they are not officially open we just hooked up and parked in front of the house, guess the neighbors are getting up early tomorrow when we leave at 5am. By the way we live just about 10 minutes from Lums Pond.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:00 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblr View Post
Ok, glad they informed you, I wanted to stay there tonight to be ready to leave for our trip but seeing they are not officially open we just hooked up and parked in front of the house, guess the neighbors are getting up early tomorrow when we leave at 5am. By the way we live just about 10 minutes from Lums Pond.
Nice area to live. You above canal?

Hensley Arrow
Old 06-15-2016, 10:36 PM   #34

Quote:
I am going to stop in tomorrow to check it out while im out doing deliveries. try and get the lay of the land and a scoop or two.
USMC 2005-2015 OIF OEF
Old 06-15-2016, 11:08 PM   #35

I just booked a weekend at Lum's Pond in August...tons of sites open. May go back in September if it's a good trip :-)
Lynlanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:31 AM   #36

Quote:
Nice area to live. You above canal?
Yes, right around the corner about 10 minutes in a development right off of Rt. 40 not far from the De-Md state line. Lums will be a great close place and real nice now with full hook ups.
Old 06-16-2016, 06:11 AM   #37

thanks for all the information guys from milford de.
wire1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:16 AM   #38

Great news about Lum's Pond. My daughter just had a house build in Townsend, De which I think is close to Lum's Pond. I've been going to Janes Is. State Park in Md. which is very nice. Coming from Cape May, Lum's Pond might become my go to camp ground with the grand kids. Thanks for the report. Looking forward to any updates.
ezitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 12:03 AM   #39

Quote:
Slaughter beach is just a bug infested sleepy town. Just beach houses and fire dept. If all you want is the beach then it's ok. Absolutely nothing like Dewey. But on bright side parking and traffic is much easier. Oh and a really nice boat launch.
Thanks, I only care about the beach but I am a bug magnet.

I don't want to be bothered by bugs. Dewey was pretty good for me.

Old 06-17-2016, 05:27 AM   #40

Quote:
Thanks, I only care about the beach but I am a bug magnet.

I don't want to be bothered by bugs. Dewey was pretty good for me.
The Delaware bugs really like Pennsylvanians! I guess it in line with us ordering Chinese take out.

Hensley Arrow