Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #1

Macerator

Ok going dry camping next weekend with no sewer. So I ordered this today as I have seen good reviews.

http://www.campingworld.com/browse/s...26125&src=SRQB

Let you know my opinion next week after it arrives.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #2

Have used one for about a year now and love it. It does take a little longer to drain your tanks but don't need any special dump station you can even use your sewer cleanouts at home.
Keith and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 04:16 PM   #3

Well it arrived last night then I filled the tank with water and I am going to play tonight.

Let you know as it does look like a nice unit.

Mike
Old 09-20-2006, 08:19 PM   #4
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Mike,

Do you have anything further to report on the Flojet pump? Specifically, I’m interested in finding out if you, or any one else, has any thinking on the potential discharge height of the effluent above the pump. Any information would be appreciated.

Explanation:

I've thought of making my own honey-wagon by tossing my 30 gal. blue tote into the bed of my truck and using it as a transfer tank between my trailer and the campground dump station during extended stays. (Jabsco shows an illustration of the pump being used in this manner but does not provide the information I am requesting. http://www.jabsco.com//prodInfo/over...373B_02_06.pdf

I would use the pump to fill the tote, disconnecting the garden hose at the pump when finished pumping, but leaving it connected to the tote. At the dump station I would climb up into the back of the truck and tilt the tote to discharge the now macerated contents through the garden hose into the sewer outlet. Some minor plumbing would take care of any unwanted discharge when disconnecting the hose from the pump.

Manhandling a full 30 gal., dragging it to the dump station over sometimes-bad campground roads, etc. is a chore I would just as soon avoid. My thinking is that what I propose would make life a lot easier.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #5

I stayed in a campground in the Los Angeles area once that had no sewage at any of the sites. There was one dump station. We were working and staying at the campground for a period of time--my wife and I were there every other week from Wednesday til the next Wednesday. We all (about 27) had water hoses run from our sewage outlet to the dump station to handle gray water from the sink and shower. Mine was about 175'; some were longer. Every night, we heard the blue tanks going down the road to the dump station. We called it "blue thunder". I don't know how they were working things; I didn't want to know. When our black tank needed emptying, I hooked up and pulled the trailer to the dump station.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:54 PM   #6

dimurrrw

I can tell you for a fact you can pump 100 FT in a 3/4 hose up a four foot grade. I filled my blue tote with water and pumped it dry in a few minutes. One of the reasons I purchased this unit is to do exactly what you are talking about.

I am in CA for work right now, but I will perform a clean water setup this weekend and post some pics for you. I will put the tote in the truck bed and perform this test also.