Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #1

macerators,

tried a search could not find a thread, i am thinking about buying one who has one. what brand and how do you like it
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 06:52 PM   #2

When I get a chance I will go see what brand we have, we bought it so we could empty the tanks at home. It is the only place it is used because of the distance to the opening for the sewer from the parking site and it has done an excellent job so far. I was not sure I would like it but it was cheaper than adding a sewer outlet near the parking site.
Old 05-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
tried a search could not find a thread, i am thinking about buying one who has one. what brand and how do you like it
Do a Search at Top "Cheap Macerator Pump" dated 11-6-2013! I posted Pics as well! Youroo!!
Old 05-21-2017, 07:37 AM   #4

We have a Flow Jet twist-on we use infrequently. It works well but you need to pay attention to it getting hot. We dump one tank then let it cool and have no problems.

We bought it primarily to be able to dump at the house and also use it at our son's business when we travel there.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:03 AM   #5

Have the Flowjet which worked great until one day when it didn't. It was 10 months old and replaced under warranty. May have been just that one as others have them for years.
Brewhedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:12 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Do a Search at Top "Cheap Macerator Pump" dated 11-6-2013! I posted Pics as well! Youroo!!

found your thread looks great bet i works good, however i don't have an old or new disposal laying around
Old 05-21-2017, 11:33 AM   #7

Sanicon twist on.
We use it every time. Doesn't heat up, has a grey water bypass.
Also have the extension hose, so 14' of hose turns into 40'.
Rolls up nice and compact.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:46 AM   #8
2017 Windjammer 3029w

I have been using a Flojet for 4 years now and love it. I can dump at home through a cleanout plug. I also use a 40 gallon portable tank and can leave it in the back of my truck and pump directly to it at campsite and not have to drag the tank down the road behind my truck as most do. I installed a 12 volt outlet next to sewer connection on trailer and another in back of my truck to use it with trailer and also truck for my portable tank. To me, it is easier and only dealing with a dedicated water hose that is easily cleaned and rolled up after use. It can pump uphill with no problem. I like it enough,
I ordered another this year as a backup just in case of breakdown eventually. I was able to install a new seal kit when eventually started dripping and was good as new. To me, it is best option and have pumped both tanks out with no overheating problem at all many times. I really like it because it only needs a simple water hose vs the large hose that will never get fully clean due to size and ridges where water hose gets flushed and flush with fresh water afterwards at site.
Dastagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #9

I bought a $60 pump. I had to modify it to take a garden hose but it has worked flawlessly.

I'm thinking some of the negative reviews are due to not supplying ample power to the pump...I used 10g wires from the battery.
One More Time Around: Wolf Pup - Sewage
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 02:16 PM   #10

good info folks, thanks !
Old 05-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
the Sewer Solution is usually NOT included when discussing "macerator pump" systems, but that's exactly what it is, .... but I do admit, it doesn't come with a few of the features the other systems do:...... the price, gears that jam, getting hot, requiring electricity, and more, but it's certainly worth looking at by someone who's in the market for a "macerator pump" system, ..... oh, did I mention price ..............

four years and counting with flawless service and dependability .......

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-SS01...sewer+solution

fella10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #12

macerators

FYI, As the name says, they are for shredding the waste before it enters the holding tank or even more specifically as designed in the marine environment overboard when properly offshore. They are designed for s limited on/off cycle, not continuous use regardless of the wire providing power. The bad reviews (have not read them) are certainly due to using the item for a purpose it was NOT designed for - not a continuous duty pump only for a simple flush or two of 10-20 seconds. A minimum 5 minute rest/cool down after use is probably in the instructions somewhere.

There is probably a pump to do what all are looking for, but I am sure it will not be as inexpensive as RVer's expect or desire. I do like the idea of substituting the ribbed 4" hoses.
270S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #13

Not sure which post you're referring to, but my TT has a gravity head - which means that waste flows directly into the holding tank via gravity. The macerator we use hooks to the black water connection on the trailer, grinds the waste and pumps it thru a garden hose to a dump site or even a residential toilet. We don't hook up the sewage hose at the campground - we wait until the holding tank is nearly full, then use the macerator and garden hose. On stays less than a week, we'll wait and empty the holding tank into our home septic system...via the macerator/hose.
jeffnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:13 PM   #14
Recently new!

Send a message via AIM to Paulie1138
Feeling flushed

Bought a nearly unused Flo-Jet from Craigslist, 45.00. Works great. Use it to feed a hose to the sewer cleanout, just out of reach from where I park the rig at home. Use it to fill the grey 35 gallon tank when camping that I put in the bed of the pickup, rather than try to drag it to the dump station. Hook up then dump it there without having to move the F.W..
Loving wife, R.I.P., 6/6/19
and Mason the always dirty dog! R.I.P, 2/19
Paulie1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:44 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by fella10 View Post
the Sewer Solution is usually NOT included when discussing "macerator pump" systems, but that's exactly what it is, .... but I do admit, it doesn't come with a few of the features the other systems do:...... the price, gears that jam, getting hot, requiring electricity, and more, but it's certainly worth looking at by someone who's in the market for a "macerator pump" system, ..... oh, did I mention price ..............

four years and counting with flawless service and dependability .......

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-SS01...sewer+solution
I can vouch for the sewer solution.
Clean, doesn't take up much storage space, and you don't have to worry about how the hose lays (up/ down hill). Gives the ability to back flush of you don't have a built in flush. And inexpensive. My first one lasted me 14 years.

Amazon has the best price, less than half what cw charges.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:00 PM   #16

Flow Jet here as well... four seasons and love it... use a grey water cap and discharge grey through a garden hose (one of the two 25' we carry specifically for dumping) when black all but full... hook the flowjet up and use the same garden hose... let 'er rip... minute or two and the deal is done... uphill, into a toilet, cleanout, or into a vault toilet from the parking lot... no problem. I also ran 10ga wire with a trolling motor plug for powering it... they are designed to not be run for more than 10 min... take care of it and it always works.

Also, I pump into the blue tote in the back of the truck if dump station is farther than I want to drag the tote...

2021 Cedar Creek 37MBH
2020 F350 Powerstroke Super Duty Lariat Crew Cab
Northern NJ - God Bless America!
dieselbobcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:14 PM   #17

macerators,

Sewar solutions here also price was right and has worked flawlessly for the last year. Don't need electricity just descent pressure running water.
265bhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:40 AM   #18

?

Am I missing something? I looked at the link on Amazon, but all I saw was a cap and some hoses, no macerator. Aside from Venturi affect, removing waste, where is the macerator function?

BTW, my TT and now my RV have a dedicated power flush connection to the black tank.

Every time I have emptied the black tank, no macerator was needed whatsoever due to Camco 41189 TST Orange Drop-Ins Holding Tank Treatment liquefying all waste products! Everything comes out liquid even paper.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:56 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270S View Post
Am I missing something? I looked at the link on Amazon, but all I saw was a cap and some hoses, no macerator. Aside from Venturi affect, removing waste, where is the macerator function?

BTW, my TT and now my RV have a dedicated power flush connection to the black tank.

Every time I have emptied the black tank, no macerator was needed whatsoever due to proper "chemicals".
The water is the macerator.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 09:01 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by m35a2 View Post
The water is the macerator.
That is "what" my water back flush does. A macerator grinds up the waste as it enters or exits a holding tank. In my case I am used to macerators connected to the toilet that then empty into holding tanks.

Based on how great (liquefied) the Camco chemicals work, I may get the adapter and use a smaller hose.