Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-27-2021, 07:32 AM   #1

Mail Forwarding Services

Hi all, I am going to be doing a three-month trip starting end of January, first time ever and was wondering if there are any recommended mail forwarding services. I am already paperless as far as possible but there are still some things that come snail mail that I need to receive.
cristn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:48 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

If you are going on a temporary trip, (3 months) your best bet is find someone who can pick up your mail and forward it.

Most mail forwarding services I've researched are more geared for folks without a permanent address. Our PO will only hold your mail 30 days.

We have a trusted neighbor who's been forwarding our mail the last several years as we winter in FL.

Like you, we've whittled everything down as much as possible via mail. We signed up for USPS Informed Delivery and know a day ahead if something important is arriving that needs forwarded. Other than those things, we bought several pre-paid mailers from the post office and our neighbor simply sends us a box when necessary.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 06:26 PM   #3

An effective method I've used is having my daughter pick up my mail at leaat weekly.

She then sets aside the obvious junk then texts me pictures of the rest which is usually only one or two items as I too have gone paperless.

If any of the items is a bill that can't be changed to paperless I have her open and text me photo of it.

I then deal with it either through my online banking app or a phone call. On the phone I can either pay by credit card or transfer through ACH.

Have been using this system for three years so far and it's easy. That said, I do have someone who can pick up my mail weekly with little inconvenience. She drives within 2 blocks of my mailbox every weekday on her way to and from work.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
service