Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2023, 11:11 AM   #1

Maryland RV registration

This subject has been discussed before but here is my experience.

In 2016 I bought a new 2017 Dynamax REV in NJ. I lived in PA and it was registered and insured in PA. No problems. All paperwork indicates it is a 2017 RV.

I moved to MD in 2021 against the advice of several members of these forums.
Once in MD I got a MD drivers license and registered my RV here. However, MD made it into a model year 2015 based on the VIN number. There was a sticker on the door jamb that showed a build date in 2016.

This chassis actually has the specs of a 2015 which I discovered when troubleshooting. 2016 year chassis have some differences.

I didnít argue much at the time of registration because my wife was almost arrested in the MVA office because the clerk didnít believe we were married in 1971 and wanted us to go back to NJ for documentation. Eventually a supervisor resolved that issue.

Now to the point of this screed.

The curent registration expires tomorrow November 30, 2023. I was prevented from renewing on line and in person because both of our names were on the title. It took awhile to understand what the problem was because the notice was not clear.

Yesterday I visited the MVA with my original MD title, a letter from my lending bank asking that her name be removed, a death certificate, insurance card, original sales invoice from 2016 and more.

Everything went smoothly. The clerk was excellent. After my registration was completed I hesitantly asked about the model year issue. She mentioned that it comes up automatically in the computer system. She understood my dilemma and kicked this issue to a higher level saying they would email PA for clarification. PA responded today saying I have a 2015 chassis. Case closed.

Maybe this is a ďback to the future chassis.Ē 😎

I donít know what will happen if and when I decide to sell or trade.

Other members of this forum were able to get MD to use the upbuilders manufacture year but I may take my business back to PA or NJ for my next RV with all the paperwork that proves they had the correct dates unless a MD dealer will work with this baloney.

Bobby

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:49 PM   #2

It has happened to me with a boat registration here in Nevada. Relax. They are just doing their jobs.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote