Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2022, 03:26 PM   #21

I agree completely with using wood blocks, but you may want to take them on the road with you because there are campgrounds at which you will need them to level your trailer. In addition to the propane fridge, another reason to park level, especially if you will be using the bathroom or kitchen sink is that some rigs have fairly long runs of waste pipes from the kitchen, for example, to the drain connection, which could be at opposite ends of the RV. Those long runs require the pipe to be pitched toward the drain to be emptied. If you aren't pitched enough when you leave a campsite where your RV is pitched in the wrong direction, and when you set up next where you're pitched toward the drain, that full pipe will surprise you when several gallons of waste water runs to you when you remove the drain cover. I know about this from personal experience.
Now:2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2008 Ford F-250 Long Bed Diesel
Total of 30 Months on the Road Since 2008
DrLewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 12:57 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltyde1 View Post
I am new to the camping world and recently bought a Forest River Salem FSX. We plan to park at our house but the driveway is a bit sloped from side to side. We will need to level the one side as much as 8". Is there a max height that's safe to level for long term parking (winter months)?
Front to back it's closer to level without much work.

I ask because the vast majority of block kits I see online only level as much as 4 1/2".

Thanks everyone
That may seem a bit precarious but I'm sure if you got some heavy lumber you could build yourself a well-notched ramp to pull it up on when it's going to be in long-term storage like that. One time at a group camp for a week we had to build blocks and ramps for a friend's trailer. To put it where she wanted it, we had one side up almost a foot and a half off the ground. Just be sure what you build keeps both axles level and equally loaded.
Tom48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:51 AM   #23

As several have noted the only reason to level the trailer is to sleep in it or use of an absorption refrigerator. For temporary shelter or use in camp driveway it could be more convenient to just move and level it it for those very rare times you need the beds or bathroom. * Parked I don't want the trailer level as I want rain to run off and not pool on the roof.

Parked severely non level could be an eyesore in your neighborhood but unless it's in the back yard or screened it could be an eyesore now.

-- Chuck

* I used our Roo shower a few years ago when our then only full bathroom was being remodeled. Trailer was temporally in Camp Driveway for a couple of weeks. Walked out every morning in my bathrobe to the delight of some of the kids waiting for the school bus.
Old 02-15-2022, 11:13 AM   #24

Before going to all the trouble stacking blocks, for home use in the driveway I would get a set of these ramps

https://www.homedepot.com/p/FloTool-...9MI/205152558?
Blank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 11:42 AM   #25

I parked my 5'er in the driveway and leveled it.
Driveway is sloped and i have the Lippert Level up.

Front road side deployed about 2"
Back curb side deployed about 12".
I have two 2x8's stacked on top of each other under each Level Up pad.

I want the camper level or at least close so that rain water doesn't run towards the camper on the slides, open or closed.
FirstFiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, leveling