Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2020, 08:44 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by parise View Post
Please please please - you MUST ENROLL in Medicare, there is no such thing as automatic automatic enrollment in Medicare as was just stated in the above post.
I was automatically enrolled, they just sent me my card, but my situation maybe different being I'm disabled... Just check the web site if your in doubt. I do believe that at 65 all people are automatically enrolled in Part A what people might be saying is that you need to call on part B or D even. good luck, you should have gotten a letter in the mail months before your 65 birthday...I know my wife did, I just read it...Here is the page from my wife's book on enrollment. the latest I have, hope it helps...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	medicare 2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	219.5 KB
ID:	229442  

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:56 AM   #22
Site Team

There is a lot of good advice above, just be aware that if you're still working past 65 and don't plan on signing up for social security, you won't be automatically enrolled in Medicare. You have to manually enroll within 3 months of your 65th birthday. Ask how I know that! I barely made it.
Old 05-20-2020, 12:24 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by whj469 View Post
X2
jeff64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 03:35 PM   #24
Btm

Silverado333,

If you are receiving some type of S.S. benefit (s.s. or disability)you may be automatically enrolled. If not disabled, people turning 65 MUST enroll or suffer benefit decreases and possible penalties forever. If yours was going to be automatic you should have received the information by now.

Much of the information on here is correct, and may or may not apply to you, but there is probably more that is WRONG, confusing, and misleading.

My advise to you is find someone that KNOWS all that is required and the options. This should not be someone selling a take advantage of you plan.

Btm
CHF rear, CHF front, Sumo springs front
Btm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 04:11 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Desert View Post
Sign uo for all that you can afford! Medicare,, part A and part B. Part D is also a cost saver as it picks whatever medicare does not (we currently use AARP, part D). Prescription plans and dental plans are separate from medicare (don't let the ads on TV fool you as they are just selling insurance plans). If you have a percent of disability via the military, you can use the VA for whatever they can provide. In my case, I do not qualify for any VA medical benefits, as a vet, due to my income is over what the VA allows to qualify for veteran benefits so have to rely on purchased plans, which is fine by me.

If you have not checked lately, apply again. I was over for years and one day decided to check again. Getting more $$ now then before and when I went to VA, nothing was asked about income! Suddenly I am 50% disabled and collecting $ for it.
AFDON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:10 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by parise View Post
Please please please - you MUST ENROLL in Medicare, there is no such thing as automatic automatic enrollment in Medicare as was just stated in the above post.

No. If your already on SS enrolling is automatic. Otherwise you are correct. I’m on SS and was automatically enrolled.

Brandi
mzbrandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 07:23 PM   #27

As the first response, everyone should sign up for Medicare a few months before your 65 birthday!
whj469 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
insurance