Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2012, 11:48 PM   #1

Question Mobility Scooters

My husband and I are new to the RV lifestyle and are really enjoying it. We both have physical challenges when it comes to walking any significant distance as well as standing for any length of time. We aren't that old - only 55 - but medical issues have limited us and bicycles have not proved to solve the problem. We are looking into purchasing three wheel scooters. Met a couple who owned two GoPets which worked for their limitations and seemed to be ideals for our purposes. They are a bit pricey ($1900 each which includes shipping as well as official handicap stickers). We have researched and found other models out there for half the price but have learned over the years that you get what you pay for. Yet still want to make a educated and financially smart decision.
Sure would appreciate your input and/or recommendations.
Thanks for your help!

Dianna

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Wish I could help. But instead want to leave a comment.
I applaud you for getting out there and camping even tho its challenging for you.
Good luck in your search and have fun!
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:43 AM   #3

DH uses a mobility scooter. When his VA-issued one was in for repairs and he was told it would take about 3 weeks, he went online and purchased a GoGo Elite from Pride. Price was $1,200. He too can't walk far, uses a cane for short distances. This gives him a back up. The GoGo breaks down into easily handled pieces. For his VA scooter, he also has a lift in the back of his pickup so he can put it away at night as well as plug in the charger for it. We take it everywhere.

The GoGo is also a 4-wheel scooter - much better stability and more comfort! It was shipped to our home.

Good luck on your search - here's hoping you find what you need quickly!
Useta have a 17 ft Casita LD twin bed mod &
Coleman pop up
NanaKaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #4

Thanks for your words of encouragement and helpful suggestions.
Phil & I were discussing the topic again this a.m - on the verge of biting the bullet and ordering the GoPets, even at the high price. During our conversation, my husband received an email from a GoPet representative who hadn't gotten back to us with a firm price. The price he offered was half what we had received from the place we were about to order from! We were amazed and felt as though God had helped us make the decision and gifted us with an affordable price! Phil called the rep., asked several questions to clarify and placed our order. We are truly looking forward to being more comfortably mobile! I give you an update once we receive them and have a chance to tool around a few campgrounds. We plan to attend the big FMCA Rally in Indy this August. Certainly will make meandering around much more enjoyable.
EXCITED!!

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote