Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2020, 09:35 PM   #1

Morryde Quick Connect anybody have it?

Hey gang! Hope you all survived winter and are holding up through Corona.

Over the winter, I decided I wanted to add a better step to my Catalina 273TBS. I was excited about the Morryde Step Above, but the measurements of my door didn't match with anything they offered. I contacted the manufacturer about modifications and they suggested buying the Quick Connect Step instead. Instead of being permanently mounted to the threshold (and stowing up into the doorway) this one has two clips attached to the outside of the camper and attaches when you get parked. My reason for wanting the step is I feel like every time The Wife and kids go in and out it feels like they are jumping on each step. The camper bounces and the steps never feel that stable.

My question is... Has anybody used the Quick Connect Step? Do you like it? Why or why not? And where do you stow it during travel?
Old 04-13-2020, 09:45 PM   #2

In other threads, a number of folks speak highly of Torklift Revolution Uprising Steps. I am considering one of these to replace the drawbridge step which now comes standard - I can't lower the OE step in my garage. Contacting Torklift it seems they have a large selection of sizes for any trailer.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:19 PM   #3

I have the Torklift GlowStep Revolution it has legs that sit on the ground making it very strong and stable and is a direct replacement for your steps only 4 bolts
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 10:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflotrtim View Post
In other threads, a number of folks speak highly of Torklift Revolution Uprising Steps. I am considering one of these to replace the drawbridge step which now comes standard - I can't lower the OE step in my garage. Contacting Torklift it seems they have a large selection of sizes for any trailer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by W5CI View Post
I have the Torklift GlowStep Revolution it has legs that sit on the ground making it very strong and stable and is a direct replacement for your steps only 4 bolts
OOh.. Those are interesting! I like the flexibility, but I see two problems...
1) Cost is significantly higher.
2) Checking their site, none of their models seems to fit my measurements. I have a set of 2 steps mounted below the frame (there isn't a cutout in the sidewall of the trailer, the steps mount below the wall of the trailer). The box is 26 inches wide and under 11 inches tall. It doesn't seem to fit the needs of the Torklift unless I buy the revolution. And those things look to be about an extra $300+.

What I like about the Quick Connect is that I can leave the factory mounted steps on and use those for quick in-and-outs at the storage lot or for roadside stops on travel days.
Old 04-13-2020, 11:59 PM   #5

I have a set of the Revolution under mount steps. Stainless steel and aluminum. I expect them to remain looking like new for a very long time. I found that the steps are significantly lighter than the OEMs. And an added benefit, my DW often had trouble deploying or stowing the OEM steps, she has no trouble with the Torklifts.

I'd take measurements of your trailer - space between the mount brackets and distance to ground and contact Torklift. I'm confident that they will help you find the correct fitment for your trailer. You might also send them a couple of pictures of your setup.
S.E. Mich. Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew Propride
SailorSam20500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 12:40 PM   #6

Stabilization

I bought these. Cheap and 5 stars.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81F4F8E6-BD21-47C4-8F83-9AB25AA84341.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	145.9 KB
ID:	226886  
Cardinal5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 09:40 PM   #7

Well, I looked into the Torklift setup. I REALLY liked it. I emailed the my camper's specs because they didn't seem to fall within anything on their site. They told me which model should work. Unfortunately, I think it is more cost than I can justify. They are about $590. Conversely, I was able to find the Morryde Quick Connect for $180. I am hoping that, since it comes off during travel and I will be able to leave the original camper steps installed, I won't have the concern other people have with not being able to open the Morryde steps in close quarters. Now just to see when I can get a trip in that isn't cancelled.
Old 04-15-2020, 06:22 AM   #8
MCTroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A2pfunk View Post
Well, I looked into the Torklift setup. I REALLY liked it. I emailed the my camper's specs because they didn't seem to fall within anything on their site. They told me which model should work. Unfortunately, I think it is more cost than I can justify. They are about $590. Conversely, I was able to find the Morryde Quick Connect for $180. I am hoping that, since it comes off during travel and I will be able to leave the original camper steps installed, I won't have the concern other people have with not being able to open the Morryde steps in close quarters. Now just to see when I can get a trip in that isn't cancelled.
Love this idea... found the 3 steps on Amazon and other sites about $250. Where did you find them for $180? I like that price!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 07:49 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
Love this idea... found the 3 steps on Amazon and other sites about $250. Where did you find them for $180? I like that price!
The cheapest I found them was on a site called camperid.com they had the step I need for about $200, plus they offer a 10% discount for first responders and veterans.
Old 04-15-2020, 08:05 AM   #10
MCTroy

Thanks!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:54 AM   #11

Take a look at C.R. Brophy Scissor Steps. Amazon and Etrailer sell them.