Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2012, 06:27 PM   #21
Trailer Trash

Loudest thing in my RV park..........................Drunk women laughing late into the late nite. Yes the new campers have big screen tvs, surround sound stereo with sub woofers, and outside speakers. The campsites that have "girls only weekend" win the award for screw quiet time rules. Their husbands and boyfriends aren't around so they are having a blast.
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyWolfGig View Post
With all due respect mr. Terier sir. You need your own 40 acre parcel of land with one single camp lot situated smack dab in the middle of it just for you and your RV. And I can fully respect that....as there are times when I want to do the same. Perhaps you need to be a little more selective in your campground choices. I myself....consider camping a recreation for my family and our friends to enjoy. In Michigan we only have about a 4-5 month window to camp....before the temps get too cold. No pun intended...if I wanna sit inside and draw the shades at 7:30 in the evening to dead silence.....I will stay home. You may wanna consider the same....its much cheaper.
About that "mr. Terier sir" - Just letting you know that I'm not a guy so think Pink!

Not sure what was in my post that didn't sit well. You are saying that you should be able to enjoy your trip and I am saying I would like to do the same. Perhaps you missed the key part regarding "to the point that I cannot enjoy my time"? And if you didn't miss it... well, we all have our views for various reasons.

I love it when people are outside enjoying the campfire or whatever but let's admit that not all people make good campsite neighbors.
PS: I just noticed that you are a new member soto the forums!

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:45 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyWolfGig View Post
With all due respect mr. Terier sir. You need your own 40 acre parcel of land with one single camp lot situated smack dab in the middle of it just for you and your RV. And I can fully respect that....as there are times when I want to do the same. Perhaps you need to be a little more selective in your campground choices. I myself....consider camping a recreation for my family and our friends to enjoy. In Michigan we only have about a 4-5 month window to camp....before the temps get too cold. No pun intended...if I wanna sit inside and draw the shades at 7:30 in the evening to dead silence.....I will stay home. You may wanna consider the same....its much cheaper.
Wow! So your saying that if other campers don't like your noise, find somewhere else to go? The way I see it is, if YOU got your own 40 acre lot, you could be as noisy as you want and not bother anyone. Or, find a private campground that allows being loud all night. I don't mind people having a good time and enjoying each other's company, that is what camping is all about. I love the sounds of people and families having conversations, playing and connecting. But it is no different than being at home, you have to be respectful of your neighbors, it is the civil thing to do. State parks have rules, one of them being quiet time is after 1000 pm (at least in Ohio Parks) But, when others play music so loud i can hear it from 80 sites down, or keep going after the quiet time, that is when it is being rude and inconsiderate of others. But to some, the rules don't matter as long as they are having a good time. They have rules for a reason, so we can all get along and enjoy camping.
pwrstroke2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek
Loudest thing in my RV park..........................Drunk women laughing late into the late nite. Yes the new campers have big screen tvs, surround sound stereo with sub woofers, and outside speakers. The campsites that have "girls only weekend" win the award for screw quiet time rules. Their husbands and boyfriends aren't around so they are having a blast.
Where's that campground and what site number?
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #25
Camper Less Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo

where's that campground and what site number?
lol!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:43 PM   #26
GreyWolfGig

No....I don't recall typing that.....and I re-read my post....and did not read it in there like that neither. Never said that I was a noisemaker neither. Just a guy with a family and camper and enjoy the outdoors. I don't mind people having a good time as long as it is during normal hours....and does not hinder the time of others. I don't particularly care for chain saws running 2 doors down in my neighborhood where I live at 9:00 in the morning on a Sunday......or Hammers pounding on a Saturday morning with the guy across the street building a pole barn. But I deal with it....because it might be me cutting wood a month later....or me building a shed a year later. Things that you may find annoying of other people on your camp outings.....may not seem so annoying to the next guy. Maybe you are driving back to your camp later than normal after dark on a particular night that I am already in bed relaxing and your headlights pass thru my window and awake me. Does that give me the right to pound on your door 5 minutes later and tell you I did not appreciate it? No....absolutely not. For one I would be understanding....and realize that we all have our own things going on. Nowhere in my post did I promote carousing all night beating on pots and pans outside your camper window. But during daylight hours.....If my son and I are out throwing the football or frisbee around and one should happen to stray onto your lot.....and you give me crap about it......just remember it works both ways. I treat the people on the lots each side of me like I treat my neighbors at home. Borrow anything I have in my garage if you need it.....bring it back when you are done. If its broke buy me a new one. When its my turn in need....open your garage to me.....if its not open to me......don't ask to borrow anything from me. Same goes at the campground. If you wanna be friendly....I will as well. If you wanna gripe about kids playing at 4:00 in the afternoon and it is affecting your nap time. Guess what....turn your A/C on and drown out the noise.....or go to the office and asked to be moved. We were all kids once....and thats what kids do....play and have fun.
GreyWolfGig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 02:52 PM   #27
GreyWolfGig

Terier....quite honestly.....there was nothing in your post that I took personal....hence my remark....about how at times I wish I too had a 40 acre parcel of land all to myself. Was merely stating....or trying to get the point across....that different people camp for different reasons. Someday...My wife and I want to retire and travel across the U.S. with our truck and camper. At that point my RV interests will have changed more to along the lines of peace and quiet.....and you certainly won't see me camping at a State Park on a holiday weekend or at a campground situated around a Nascar event. I will be selective and seek out quieter camping terrain. Camping is sorta like being a chameleon.....sometimes you have to change a little to match your surroundings. Its called tolerance. I try not to judge other people....and get along with all. In my opinion....I would rather be camping and deal with a barking dog.....than be home doing nothing. Yes I am a new member....and not here to ruffle any feathers.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:47 PM   #28
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelek View Post
And the problem is.....????????
TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #29
TeresaInCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
About that "mr. Terier sir" - Just letting you know that I'm not a guy so think Pink!

Not sure what was in my post that didn't sit well. You are saying that you should be able to enjoy your trip and I am saying I would like to do the same. Perhaps you missed the key part regarding "to the point that I cannot enjoy my time"? And if you didn't miss it... well, we all have our views for various reasons.

I love it when people are outside enjoying the campfire or whatever but let's admit that not all people make good campsite neighbors.
PS: I just noticed that you are a new member soto the forums!
Terrier, just wanted to let you know I thought you handled his remarks well. What I read of his remarks "sounded" a bit rude to me. Then I could see from his other posts, that wasn't what he meant.

TeresaInCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #30

Grey, hopefully we can shake hands and say things are cool and we are "discussing". When I started this thread, I didn't say anything about kids being loud by playing, cars going by or a stray football landing in my camp site.I think it is great that you are spending time with your kids as I have done the same. My gripe was with loud music, especially if it goes after the posted quiet hours. The culprits usually don't have kids, speed thru the campground, burn trash or nail ridden wood (that they leave for the next occupants to clean up so their kids don't get nails in their feet) and leave the camp site littered with red solo cups and trash. I think this thread is getting a little blown out of proportion to includes families and friends having fun. I don't mind kids in my site, dogs peeing on my tires, people stopping by and talking or the occassional stray toy flying by. Wanting other visitors to obey the rules and respect others is all I was trying to express. You said above exactly how I feel... "I don't mind people having a good time as long as it is during normal hours....and does not hinder the time of others". Hope we're golden and no bad feelings.
pwrstroke2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post

x2...want to

2012 F-350 4x4 King Ranch Super Duty CC 6.7 Turbo Diesel 3.55 e-locker
2011 Palomino Puma 30KFBDS with Side Paw Kitchen and Bunkhouse
Equalizer E2 Hitch
GASPEDDLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #32

In all the years I've camped only had one occasion that the people next to us were too loud. We left early the next morning about 4:30 A.M. and didn't hold back the noise packing up and making sure they knew why.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #33

We were at a campground near Kingston Ont. several years ago. There was a small group of young people drinking and have fun. They were not making much noise till 3 am then the party started. Looked out and saw a group to 40 t0 50 people playing music and yelling at each other. Later found out the two boys at the site were grandsons of the owners and the security people did not want to get in trouble from the owners. After talking to the owner she advised me to call the OPP if they acted up the next night. The campers in our area of the CG got our own back. 7 am we were all up and making breakfast outside. The sound of pot and pans banging of tables and colman stoves had the 2 boys out of their tent and yelling at us to stop making so much noise because they were trying to sleep. They were told that at 3 in the morning when we were trying to sleep they did not care so why should we. The next night 11 pm when quite hour started they left their site and when to the overflow area to party. No one could hear them and everyone had a great time.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:36 PM   #34
Site Team

When I posted to this thread it was based on my own experience of some noisy campers.

My memories of noise ranges from not being able to hear a DVD while wearing headphones to waking up to find 7 teenagers with the giggles sitting at my picnic table chit-chatting at 1 am.

I should be able to watch a DVD and as well as being able to sleep at night. And fellow campers should be able to play music or sit by the fire & talk. But we need to have some sort of a middle ground if we want a win-win outcome.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:20 PM   #35
Trailer Trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Woodsong RV Resort
They move around as there are some families that have been here 10-20 years. They take turns which site to party at. Common joke is I'll trade you hard wood for beer. The gals have too much beer and not enough wood. They tell me hard long lasting wood is tough to find if you are over 50. It's a hell of a fun place Turbs. AND the bar is within walking distance. Name of bar = pink diamond. Really!
joelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:56 PM   #36

Tolerating someone elses music is fine as long you it's somewhere in the realm of music you can live with. I don't think I could tolerate much Snoop Dog... Personaly I don't think even the neighbor next door should be able to hear your TV or Radio...Not being a prude I have 3 TV's and a Stereo and don't play them so loud that my neighbor could hear it.
1l243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #37
GreyWolfGig

Heck no absolutely no hard feelings at all. But the dog peeing on my new camper tire.....well....I love dogs....so I would not make a super big issue out of it to the point of saying anything.....but I prolly would not be real happy about it to myself. The speeding car type of people I don't have much use for. Never could figure out....outside of emergency situations....why anyone staying in a campground is in a hurry to risk injuring a kid on a bike.....or a baby in a stroller or heck even a dog being walked. Makes no sense to me. Campgrounds are like countries all wrapped up into one small area. You look around and realize that people from far off places are sometimes very different than you are. But basically what it boils down to....is that there are peopled with a lot......and people with very little common sense. What can you do. Deal with it the best way you can.....and try to enjoy yourself while doing it.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwrstroke2012 View Post
Who has noticed an increase in loud music in campgrounds? I don't mind music at a low volume or a game going on however, I have noticed a irritating trend of campers putting loud music on that you can hear 50 sites down. If you call the park office all they say is quiet time is at 1000 pm. But you can't contact anyone after 1000 PM and the park officers are never thru after that time. I camp mostly at Ohio State Parks and they used to be a quiet peaceful family atmosphere where you can get away from urban noise and enjoy a quiet campfire talking with your kids. Now it seems like they are a place for loud parties that go on until 3 or 4 in the morning and they usually leave their campsite a mess. Yes I am venting but this last weekend was terrible. Thanks for the internet therapy session.
Maybe it's an Ohio thing because I have noticed the same thing as well. It's a pet peeve of mine...sort of like the guy who runs his generator. In fact, I'd rather hear the generator. I'm not a fuddy duddy either as I like all sorts of music but for some reason I think of camping as a way to get away from it all and enjoy some quiet. For someone to play music loud enough for me to hear is rude...JMHO. Just beacuse they like to hear their music doesn't mean the whole campground does.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:34 PM   #39
Anacortesians

In Washington State, there's a law that says any vehicle's audio entertainment system must not be audible more than 50' away. With my audio response curve, "audible" to me may be loud to younger folks. We've invoked that law a couple of times in very crowded State Parks by going to talk to the Rangers.

Another way to combat the problem has been used for some time by 7-11 stores in our area who had trouble with large groups of teens congregating around the outside of the store. They started putting Grand Opera on the external speaker systems of the stores at fairly high levels. The crowds melted away like snow in the sunshine!
Old 10-22-2012, 09:09 PM   #40

Living Forest Campground in Nanaimo BC have a no music policy. You are not allowed to have any music or tv volume outside your trailer. If you are listening to your music it has to be with headphones. This is a great policy because not everyone likes the music I play and I do not like the music that other people listen to. My biggest complaint is the people who sit around the fire all night drinking then at 2 in the morning they start to yell at each other. Not fighting but talking. You would think that they were miles apart and not only 2 feet from each other.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote