Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Trailer Life Newbie

Talking My first weekend

Well, you were all right and all of my worrying was for nothing!

Reminder: I am a single parent that just bought my first travel trailer. I was very nervous about all the things that need to be done to maintain the trailer.
You all told me not to worry, that the other campers would be helpful.

Boy were you right! Anytime I had a question, someone jumped right up to help me! The only major thing that happened was the sewer pipe wasn't on quite tight enough and it leaked a bit upon emptying. But of course it was no problem to find someone to put on a pair of gloves and come right over.

I put together a new grill and that was a bit scary-but I didn't blow up when I turned it on.

I also didn't blow up the first time I lit the stove. That was nice. Ha ha.

I think those were the only minorly "scary" situations. It was a ton of work putting everything away and getting organized and raking my site. But it was soooo fun. I just know my family will LOVE having this trailer/campground to go to on weekends!!
Old 04-21-2009, 06:39 AM   #2

Grill

Welcome to the wonderful world of camping our style. You really don't know what you miss by blowing up your first grill. I would not recommend it to anyone. that was my first experience with grilling out. The burns healed nicely though. No scars. Hair grew back and so did eye brows. Lid did return to earth quickly. DH no longer lets me light the grill. He says it is his job now. Says it will make him last longer. Told me I scared 10 years off his life time last time. Can look back now and laugh. Good luck and be careful. happy camping.
fourwalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #3
Site Team

Wow, you rake your site when leaving? I want to camp after you! I pick up everything in site but I usually don't rake the site. My cousin blows his site off before and after with a leaf blower.

Glad you had a good time. Once you get a system down, making and breaking camp will be a breeze. You'll get to where you won't want or need any help. When someone offers to help you find yourself thinking "just go sit down and leave me alone"