Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-21-2021, 09:47 PM   #21

Truly a bummer. Keep us posted on what your insurance carrier does.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 03:26 PM   #22

Got the shed removed from the camper and towed it to Bossier, LA Bayou Outdoors Repair Center. We did have some water entry in the rear. Since we had replacement insurance, they’re willing to spend more money on repairs which is fine with me. The entire roof will have to be replaced, the rear heat pump/ac took a direct hit, several scratches, and for some reason there’s an issue with the head of the bed and the wall. Worst of it is at the rear. Adjuster would not come look at because of Covid?! And it was our responsibility to take it somewhere. Repair center frowned when told we had progressive insurance but we’ll see how it all falls out when we get an estimate.
The Newsoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 05:21 PM   #23
Trailer Park Supervisor

Hope they have the right cajun for the job! Interested in how Progressive treats this. I have Progressive, for just this sort of thing.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 06:34 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
Hope they have the right cajun for the job! Interested in how Progressive treats this. I have Progressive, for just this sort of thing.
We’ve used this repair center before and I’m confident they’ll do a good job. They told us it would only be totaled if repairs are 75% or more of value. We had replacement value at $65 and I’m assuming that’s what they’ll base on. If we had Actual Cash Value on it, they would probably total it.
Old 03-05-2021, 06:43 PM   #25
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

We had major storm damage a couple years ago at our seasonal site. 2 and 3 inch diameter limbs from maple trees punctured the roof like a spear. One on the dining room slide, 2 in the kitchen, one in the bedroom. Plus numerous small punctures and tears on the roof.
We too had some water leakage. The entire roof had to come off and repaired, the slide roof, and the interior panels as well. Sub roof also had to be replaced in some spots from the major punctures and water, not just patched over. Over $14K just for the roof -- and ours is a straight trailer.

Insurance covered it 100% minus the $250 deductible. I took it to the dealer and they did an excellent job, handled all the communications with the insurance company (which is AllState by the way) . And that was over 50% of what I still owed on the trailer and its value. I guess insurance companies don't want to total RVs because-- what are they going to do with it?

I truly hope your provider meets their obligation to you!
I wish you the best.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 07:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
We had major storm damage a couple years ago at our seasonal site. 2 and 3 inch diameter limbs from maple trees punctured the roof like a spear. One on the dining room slide, 2 in the kitchen, one in the bedroom. Plus numerous small punctures and tears on the roof.
We too had some water leakage. The entire roof had to come off and repaired, the slide roof, and the interior panels as well. Sub roof also had to be replaced in some spots from the major punctures and water, not just patched over. Over $14K just for the roof -- and ours is a straight trailer.

Insurance covered it 100% minus the $250 deductible. I took it to the dealer and they did an excellent job, handled all the communications with the insurance company (which is AllState by the way) . And that was over 50% of what I still owed on the trailer and its value. I guess insurance companies don't want to total RVs because-- what are they going to do with it?

I truly hope your provider meets their obligation to you!
I wish you the best.
We have Allstate on the shed that fell. They have been excellent.
Old 03-09-2021, 12:43 PM   #27

Quote:
Back in my engineering student days, I learned that you always build for the 100 year storm, ie, the worst conditions you might encounter over a hundred year average. Wondering if this last event fell in, or outside the 100 year storm figures.
Yep, I hated a roofing job I had because people built high pitch roofs to shed the snow load. failure happens

Wildwood 241QBXL
dacheedah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:08 PM   #28

Quote:
Back in my engineering student days, I learned that you always build for the 100 year storm, ie, the worst conditions you might encounter over a hundred year average. Wondering if this last event fell in, or outside the 100 year storm figures.
We are at the very bottom of Arkansas and rarely get snow and we got 12 inches. It snowed, then sleeted, then snowed more. There are buildings and sheds down all over. If it had held for another 12 hours, there would have been some melting and perhaps no crash.

Tags
camper