Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2018, 11:33 PM   #1

My TST 507 story of how it worked for me.

I bought the color monitor and 4 screw on sensors for a Christmas gift for myself in 2017. On my first real camping trip of this season I was leaving the Provincial Park today. At the exit there was a motor home pulling a toad stopped and was blocking passage. I waited a couple of mins before I decided to pull around him. I thought I could squeeze by. I misjudged how much room I had and jumped the curb. My monitor alerted me with all kinds of noises that I had a tire blow out failure. As a result of the TST 507 I had no damage to the rim or trailer body and just had to replace one tire.
If I would have not known and pulled on to the highway the damage I suspect would have been very severe.
Another happy camper.

Tip: make sure your wheel wrench fits and when these tires blow on a spread axle it is some close to the ground, I needed to pull the trailer up on my leveling ramp to obtain clearance for the 10 ton hydraulic jack(overkill)
Scubanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 12:30 AM   #2

Definitely make sure you can get your lug nuts off. When I got my new trailer to its temporary home back in February I went to tighten the lug nuts with my cross tire iron. It wouldn't fit! I have those aluminum rims and there is very little clearance between the lug nut and the rim spoke. An impact socket wouldn't fit either. The only thing that worked was a standard 19 mm deep socket. I now carry that and a breaker bar in my pass through. I also carry a torque wrench that I've had laying around forever.
AlaskaErik is offline   Reply With Quote