Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-01-2019, 04:43 PM   #1

Near-capacity toilets force Joshua Tree campground to close

In case anyone is heading to Joshua Tree

People have no respect
"Brengel said staff shortages had created an sense of "lawlessness" in the parks.
"People are bringing in dogs and drones and there are instances where people aren't following the rules and it is not good for the wildlife and the environment," she said."
tyler811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 04:49 PM   #2

"Any entry onto NPS property during this period of federal government shutdown is at the visitor's sole risk." the park service said this week...

sounds like you can still stay there, if you'd like, no matter...

I also have my own toilet.
formerFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 06:05 PM   #3

It’s pretty disgusting what the pigs that pass for people are doing. It’s amazing that if you’re not constantly watching some to ensure they act like humans some turn into animals.
Jfkmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:49 PM   #4

We were there on Friday morning (12/28) and it was very crowded - partly because it always is during this holiday and partly because with the shutdown it was "free". We didn't see anything terrible and as far as the restrooms, we avoided them since we had heard that they were not going to be maintained. These are vault style toilets so without being pumped out and the added crowds, it was going to get bad. We did see a couple rangers there giving tickets to folks that parked in the red zones but nothing much beyond that.

I feel sorry for all the park rangers, I'm sure they take a lot of pride in their park and want to keep it looking good as well as keeping it safe. That's pretty hard to do when you get shut down like this. On the plus side, there were some local folks there trying to clean up the restrooms and picking up trash but they were pretty overwhelmed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181228_105649.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	486.7 KB
ID:	193875   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181228_112900.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	582.6 KB
ID:	193876  
Only one shedding mutt now RIP Yoshi
larry2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #5

If they would just follow one simple rule things would improve. Pack it in, pack it out. Horrible how they think only of themselves and not of others be it Park Rangers or visitors.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 06:25 PM   #6

Camped in Mammoth Caves NP a few years ago. My son and I went on a hike deep into the woods on a barely marked trail that was seldom travelled. Yet the unbelievable thing we saw was empty beer cans. No matter how remote the trail, they were everywhere. Whatever happened to just plane 'ol respect for the great outdoors!!!
Old 01-03-2019, 06:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Camped in Mammoth Caves NP a few years ago. My son and I went on a hike deep into the woods on a barely marked trail that was seldom travelled. Yet the unbelievable thing we saw was empty beer cans. No matter how remote the trail, they were everywhere. Whatever happened to just plane 'ol respect for the great outdoors!!!
Yep. I have bushwacked many times and STILL found trash. Humans can be pigs.
Sadly, lots of them...
2rad4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #8
Trailer Park Supervisor

humans are an infestation that can never be trusted to do the right thing. Thank goodness for the rule of law, although enforcement is hit or miss these days. Then you get the whiners that cry cry cry when laws are enforced.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:46 PM   #9

I live near the park and today a large group of Marines from 1/7 visited the park and cleaned the restrooms replaced tp and did a lot of maintenence. The biggest problem is the destruction of the park by off roaders, camping illegally with fire in areas not designated as a campground. We are saddened to see how many outsiders have no respect for the natural habitat.
Desertsquid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:51 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJKris View Post
humans are an infestation that can never be trusted to do the right thing. Thank goodness for the rule of law, although enforcement is hit or miss these days. Then you get the whiners that cry cry cry when laws are enforced.
Like Sunnydale Park. No Rules and the TP Supervisor is never fair or when the rules are applied he just makes it up and tickets the boys for silly things. No One is ever happy! people just destroy the place
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg, campground