Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-22-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
Gary

Need to Replace Konka 26" TV set

This TV was mounted on swivel within a cabinet opening in the 2012 Platinum VCross 5th Wheel. It seems to have given up the ghost on our way home from the last outing.

We need to purchase and install a replacement. Have checked some big box stores but nothing close to correct size.

The cabinet is 27"W x 20"H and TV is 26" diagonal.

Has anyone found a successful resolution to this dilemma?

Thanks!

Gary & Karen
CA to NE every summer!
Go Big Red!
NgaryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:25 PM   #2
Site Team

Is your tv 12 volt or 120 volt? 12 volt units will be harder to find.

LG has a 28" class (27.5") that would fit that space. The LG 28LJ4540 is 25.3" x 15.6 without the stand and it uses a 100 x 100 VESA mount.

I'm sure that there are several others that would work as well, that's just the first one I came across.
Old 01-23-2018, 01:34 PM   #3

In our fiver the cabinet that is suppose to hold the TV is so small it will only hold a 12 inch TV. My solution was to remove a cabinet door, make a custom mount and face mount a 30 inch LED TV. Its been there for going on 4 years and never been an issue. I would suggest you take the junk TV out and toss it, and find a good place to install what you want.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:25 PM   #4
Gary

Replacing Konka TV in VCROSS PLATINUM

Thanks for the input.

As to the cabinet modification, ours does not have a door. The TV fits into an opening in the unit. There are doors to storage above the TV opening and doors to storage below the TV opening. The cabinet frame is narrow and the actual space within the wall itself limits our options to install a larger TV box. Wish we could go with larger and better. Oh well, a good excuse to go shopping!
NgaryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:51 PM   #5

Many TV's will have a converter in their power cord, from AC to DC. If you are lucky, the converter will be putting out 12v to TV. The one I just bought needs 19v, so I am making a cord using a step up converter, so I can run it off 12v system all the time.
Dp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 02:15 PM   #6

Still can be done. I took a door off. Measured how much room I had to play with. Found a TV that was the largest possible and took it home. Bought some Aluminum angle cut it to fit behind the opening, bought a packahe of long screws, drilled 4 holes and mounted the new TV. Travels just fine.
donniedu is offline   Reply With Quote