Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2015, 07:18 PM   #1

Never Forget

Please never for the ultimate sacrifice that some people made so that we can have the freedoms that we do today.
Next time you see someone in uniform or a vet, just put your hand out and say thank you.
It will mean more to them than any monetary thing you could give them.

Bowing my head and remembering all my fallen comrades.
markb5900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 07:59 PM   #2

Yes you are right. I really don't say much about it. But today at our campground to young men at the marina about 17 -19. Seen me with my army shirt on and asked if I served. I say yes gulf war 91' they both wanted at shake my hand and say thanks. It goes a long way. Unless you been there no one knows what it does to a man to leave his land and go fight for it. And you never know if you will make it back. But with all that said I would go again in heart beat if I had to. By the way if you get a chance go to YouTube and put in 11year old boy on Omaha beach there are still young people that care!!!!!
danielabram71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:44 PM   #3

I was lucky in the fact that my service was peace time, between both Gulf wars. That said, I agree with both of you, in the fact that until you have spent the time away from all that you hold dear in your heart you can not truly understand the sacrifice given. Freedom is not free, it was paid for by the blood sweat and tears of those who answered a call to action. Thank you both for your service and may God Bless those who didn't come home.

Brian S Sanderson
USN
USS Maryland 738 Blue Crew
1993-1997
BSSanderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 04:51 PM   #4

Amen to that. I was at 9-11 and you can not thank enough of them who gave it all.
VetteJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 05:47 PM   #5

Brian I also was lucky to serve in a time of peace. I don't take that lightly as we all are part of what makes this country strong and ready.
I also say my wife served. She wasn't a Marine but she was a Marine wife and took care of the kids and ran the house while I was gone on different deployments. We also pinched our penny's to make ends meet. They don't pay the military much and payed even less in the seventies. So yes my wife did her part also and I salute all the military wife's and or husbands.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote