Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-28-2022, 07:31 PM   #21

Casita

Hi, I can speak up for the Casita. Great quality and very easy to maintain. Never had to wax it, no issues with cracking. We sold it after 10 years for a larger trailer, thinking my Mom would travel with us. That was a big mistake - she didn't really like to travel - was in failing health. We waited a year for our new one, which we picked up in September. We will never own anything else.
It is 17 ft long with a "bathroom" with sink, toilet and shower. It's a bit tight, but you learn to develop a routine. We travel with 4 chihuahuas and a terrier mix. Paid right around $30,000. Sold the old one for the same price we bought it for 10 years prior - very good resale value.
Lyliivwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2022, 07:38 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfergiez View Post
Do any of these come with a Queen AND set of bunk beds?
I've gone through these websites but some don't have a list of layouts.

Our Casita has a full size bed and a set of bunk beds. Don't know about any of the others.
Lyliivwinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 12:08 AM   #23

Cortez’s “news” is not news, it’s company press releases. They have a history of issues around promoting plans that never came together. Parent company stock trades for about 10 cents a share on a pink sheet.

As an owner of an Escape 19, we have a rear queen and a front dinette that converts to a smallish full sized. These molded FG trailers are an acquired taste, they are expensive, small, durable and hold their value extremely well. High barriers to entry due to the molded fiberglass construction.
NC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:30 AM   #24

Casita

The Casita is built about 70 miles from my house, this looks very similar. They are very efficient, the drawback is the inside height. If you are close to 6', your head will hit the ceiling. Also it is like being in an ice chest, very small windows and small inside due to thick walls. If you like this style look at Bigfoot trailers, similar w/ more features and interior space.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 02:57 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC Bill View Post
Cortez’s “news” is not news, it’s company press releases. They have a history of issues around promoting plans that never came together. Parent company stock trades for about 10 cents a share on a pink sheet.

As an owner of an Escape 19, we have a rear queen and a front dinette that converts to a smallish full sized. These molded FG trailers are an acquired taste, they are expensive, small, durable and hold their value extremely well. High barriers to entry due to the molded fiberglass construction.
It's not Cortez, it's Cortes. A subsidiary of USLG.
https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/USLG/

The stock is trading at about 25 cents, but historically, this is essentially typical. Check the 6 month, 1 year and 5 year prices, and, while not exactly a booming investment, there are no signs of collapse. OTOH, I'm glad I didn't jump on the IPO.

With any corporation, press releases ARE their news.
Here's what passes for media coverage: https://www.google.com/search?q=revi...hrome&ie=UTF-8

I'm not saying this is a viable company or a great product, but your comments may imply an inappropriate conclusion about Cortes.
2006 Ram 1500 4WD Crew with Firestone Airbags
Every weekend boondocking in the National Forests or at Lake Vallecito.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2022, 12:21 PM   #26
blm

Damn Covid

2021 up 40%. No wonder I have a hard time finding open reservations![/QUOTE]

Damned Covid
blm is offline   Reply With Quote