Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2024, 08:43 PM   #1

New 2024 Trailer - What a move up

Hello all,

Happy Wednesday evening! I have been offsite for some time now but after some successful surgery last year I am now ready and able to get back to camping! Plus, I hope to retire the end of this year so even more time to go camping (I hope!).

DW and I just picked up our new 2024 Rockwood 2518S trailer for just the two of us going forward (Kids are grown now). I cannot believe the progress made by Forrest River and the parts manufactures in the operation of the various systems. Ten+ years since our last new trailer purchase and I guess that I did not keep up with RV technology. Of course, the new trailer cost was over double of our last one, but it is larger and has more features.

Hopefully I will not see any of the quality issues that seemed to plague the industry during the COVID years!
Are we having fun yet??
tipakajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 10:12 AM   #2

It is easy to get dazzled by the all of the new tech. Let us know what you really use. We all want to know.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 12:33 AM   #3

Off course I spoke too soon. At some point last night, the GFI in the bathroom failed. We had been getting rain for the past 24-36 hours and when walking by I heard a noise like a drip on a thin metal panel. Turned out to be an issue with the GFI outlet in the bathroom. Very warm to the touch. Quick trip to Lowes and 15 minutes later it was fixed (Easier than a return visit to the dealer).

i sure hope that is the only issue that I will see!
Are we having fun yet??
tipakajohn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trailer