Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-25-2021, 06:00 PM   #1
Yearling

New Cabinet Install

We recently decided we needed more storage space for books and found an unfinished cabinet that fit the available space well enough. I have a 2020 2706WS with CHOCOLATE cabinets. Has anyone figured out what stain color matches? My local Home Depot only has Verithane stain - stain and urethane all-in-one . Any sugestions?
GodsJarsOfClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 06:11 PM   #2

I can only give you advice on what I did for my install that needed finish.
I do not own the same rig as you, but I did build a cabinet I wanted to stain close as I could match the existing. I took a door off one existing cabinets. I went to paint shops Kelly Moore) They do Stains as well Paint store was able to match the color of stain almost perfectly.
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30:2022 46:2023 47:2024 7
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 09:54 AM   #3

X2 what robo44 says. Stay away from the big box stores. Your chances of finding anyone there that knows what they are doing or talking about is around one in several million.

I have done numerous mods in my TT that required staining and finishing. For the first mod I did, I tried mixing my own stain. Came close but it is pretty obviously an add on. Next time, I removed the smallest stained/finished part available and took it, with a small sample of the wood I used, to the local Sherwin-Williams paint store. They came back with a stain that matches perfectly. Most everyone that sees my TT is surprised when I mention that this or that is a mod. They always say it looks like it came from the factory. I had to buy a quart of stain but still have some left after doing another 5 or 6 mods. It is important to take along a sample of the wood that needs staining - - different woods will look different with the same stain. Sometimes the difference is subtle and sometime it is dramatic. Sherwin-Williams does not charge anything for doing the match - just the mixed stain.

Oh, be sure to ask what finish they recommend to match the finish of the piece you brought in. Varnish, tung oil, poly, etc. - - gloss, satin, semi-gloss, etc will all effect the final project.
yukongold is offline   Reply With Quote