Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2021, 12:34 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabinfever97 View Post
Good thing some of the folks posting on this thread do not have a gallows!
I think the people you refer to would be happy with a tree and a horse.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

Old 01-10-2021, 10:32 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by D W View Post
Following....
Yes indeed .. so much better to be on the sideline.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:43 AM   #83

Ask for NEW TIRES. the 500 mile round trip has already used up 3/4 of the life of the those China Bombs they put on there.
Old 01-10-2021, 10:44 AM   #84

Again, to the original request “what would you do”. ... I just want a camper with the features that are important to me. 2nd Unit is an identical twin from what I read, right? I’d use mixup as an opportunity to get a little better deal and take the baby “B” of the twins and pack up the fam and start yanking my new trailer around for some camping fun.

Who’s to say the future unit won’t have some factory issues, delayed .. etc.

Frustrating, disappointing = yes .. but you have some good options. Identical twin would be my first choice, waiting two weeks or longer would be my last choice.

Good luck!
Old 01-10-2021, 10:46 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by madams144 View Post
Yes indeed .. so much better to be on the sideline.
Ditto !
Old 01-10-2021, 11:05 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscowles View Post
Transposition of numbers is a common human error.
When I bought my TT the Dealer gave me the wrong VIN#. One digit/character was wrong. When I gave that VIN# to my Insurance Company they ran the number on their own and it came back as being a Wildcat, not MicroLite. Insurance was almost triple what it should be.

Problem got solved with ONE phone call. Mistakes are made but those who make them usually correct them (the Dealer called the insurance Co and explained) and life goes on.

NO LAWYERS REQUIRED and you aren't entitled to compensation for just inconvenience. Dealers usually take it upon themselves to do that on their own (free accessories, gift/gas card, free future service, etc) UNLESS you threaten them with legal action. Then they just hand the problem over to their lawyer and in the end you get nothing. They may even just refund any deposit and tear up the "deal".

Being reasonable will get far more than being the South end of a North traveling horse.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 01-10-2021, 12:15 PM   #87

Devil's advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazman View Post
I agree. Wait for the new one.

Ok, I was going to leave this one alone after my initial comment, but since so many have gone the other way I want to play devil's advocate for a minute and ask a couple of questions. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. First off, I do not agree that "lawyering up" is the way to go. BUT, let's suppose for a minute that the people who received the OP's trailer were a little less than honest when they said the camper had been "sitting in the driveway and they hadn't done anything to it." Maybe the kids slept in overnight, and maybe something got broken (accidentally) and the "new owners" didn't even see, or know about it? Suppose while driving it home they hit a curb and did some unseen tire damage? These are just possible examples. I know whenever we have a new trailer, car, truck, or whatever, we bring it home and well, play with it. We don't park it, go in the house and forget about it. I think that's pretty much just human nature. So now let's assume something did happen to it and the OP doesn't find it until he (or she) gets it home. Then what? And one more thing. If you or I, or anyone, buys a trailer, tows it home, and does NOTHING to it, but decides for whatever reason (it's too big and I don't feel comfortable towing it, it's too small for our family, or whatever reason) do you really think that the dealer is going to give you or me the full price paid, back? And are they going to put it on their lot and sell it as new? I seriously doubt it. Technically, it's used, isn't it? And that my friends is why I said the OP should wait for the new one, that is, at least in my opinion. Happy New Year, stay safe, and I hope we can all enjoy a better camping year in 2021.

2018 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT Duramax
Old 01-10-2021, 02:31 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazman View Post
Ok, I was going to leave this one alone after my initial comment, but since so many have gone the other way I want to play devil's advocate for a minute and ask a couple of questions. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone. First off, I do not agree that "lawyering up" is the way to go. BUT, let's suppose for a minute that the people who received the OP's trailer were a little less than honest when they said the camper had been "sitting in the driveway and they hadn't done anything to it." Maybe the kids slept in overnight, and maybe something got broken (accidentally) and the "new owners" didn't even see, or know about it? Suppose while driving it home they hit a curb and did some unseen tire damage? These are just possible examples. I know whenever we have a new trailer, car, truck, or whatever, we bring it home and well, play with it. We don't park it, go in the house and forget about it. I think that's pretty much just human nature. So now let's assume something did happen to it and the OP doesn't find it until he (or she) gets it home. Then what? And one more thing. If you or I, or anyone, buys a trailer, tows it home, and does NOTHING to it, but decides for whatever reason (it's too big and I don't feel comfortable towing it, it's too small for our family, or whatever reason) do you really think that the dealer is going to give you or me the full price paid, back? And are they going to put it on their lot and sell it as new? I seriously doubt it. Technically, it's used, isn't it? And that my friends is why I said the OP should wait for the new one, that is, at least in my opinion. Happy New Year, stay safe, and I hope we can all enjoy a better camping year in 2021.
What if the hotshot driver who is delivering the new trailer unknowingly hit a piece of debris on the highway, and cut the inside shoulder of a tire? Then you pick up your shiny new trailer, hit a pothole on the way home, the tire explodes, damages the trailer, and you have to deal with an insurance claim on day one of ownership??? That "used" trailer that had an extra 500 miles and a couple of days in a strangers driveway with their kids playing hide & seek inside would start looking pretty good about then....

You can "what if" yourself into inaction on literally *any* decision in your life. A wise friend once told me "80% of everything you have ever worried about....never happened".

So, you you make your decisions based on facts - or in the absence of facts, *likely* scenarios, and deal with the exceptions when they occur.

2003 F150 Supercab 4x4, tow pkg, 3.55 gears
2020 Flagstaff Micro Lite 21DS
Old 01-10-2021, 03:40 PM   #89

2007 Surveyor SV230
- 200 Watts Solar/MPPT Controller - 220 AH Battery Bank (Two-GC2) - 600 watt PSW Inverter - (2) 2000 watt Inverter Generators - LED Lighting
2009 F150 - 5.4 Litre with Tow Package

Boon Docking 99% of the time.
Old 01-10-2021, 08:43 PM   #90

Easiest and best decision is take the same one that is at the dealer currently, and let the owner of the other one figure out his issue on his own.

Mike
Old 01-10-2021, 08:46 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by walaby View Post
Easiest and best decision is take the same one that is at the dealer currently, and let the owner of the other one figure out his issue on his own.

Mike
The camper at the dealer has been registered to the owners who were sent home (if the dealer sent in those papers before realizing their mistake) with the wrong camper. The camper that was sent home is technically unregistered.

Happiness is just a ride away!
Old 01-10-2021, 08:56 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon455 View Post
The camper at the dealer has been registered to the owners who were sent home (if the dealer sent in those papers before realizing their mistake) with the wrong camper. The camper that was sent home is technically unregistered.
Solution is so simple.

Dealer has employee tow the correct trailer to residence of it's owner and tow the wrong trailer back.

Give both a gas card and have them bring trailer(s) in to Dealer's service facility for FULL inspection and walk-through. Maybe even a certificate good for free winterizing.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
Old 01-11-2021, 03:37 PM   #93
Just as confused as you

There is a show titled "What Would You Do?" but I don't think they have covered this scenario. If you believe you need to go the lawyer route I believe Matlock and Perry Mason are the best. At least, they never loose a case and you don't see their client get a bill.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 01-11-2021, 03:44 PM   #94

when these threads start I can't help thinking of this video.
https://youtu.be/9Z0VMI67a4Y
Old 01-11-2021, 05:39 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehindBars View Post
This is your opportunity to ask for some compensation. You can ask for money or a discount on the RV, but the dealer is unlikely to give without a fight. You might have better luck with getting X number of dollars in accessories or supplies for free. Whatever you do, don't accept free "service" as compensation. Would you want this dealer servicing your RV?

If you aren't totally in love with this particular RV, demand a full refund and go find another one. You agreed to purchase this unit in the condition you found it on the lot, but it is no longer in that same condition.
That's great advice, otherwise that dealer is going to make you feel thankful they only charged you for one way towing to get it back...
Old 01-14-2021, 07:44 PM   #96
Blessed old folks

[PAcamper29
No you are feeling like you should...put out. Yes I would feel the same way!
What is the dealer will to do for you now that it has been in someone’s else’s hands? You bet if I was taking home a trailer to my home state I would have at least use the toilet.
If the dealer is willing to compensate you then ok maybe an additional warranty, membership to thousand trails, something or they can get you a brand spanking new one because that is what you bought a new one. As soon as it is driven off the lot it is used.
Good luck we are rooting for you!
QUOTE=PAcamper29;2476987]Hi everyone!
We recently purchased a new Alpha Wolf 26dbh-l. We were scheduled to pick it up tomorrow, however, I just received a call from the dealership stating I can't get it tomorrow because they accidentally sent it home with the wrong family last week and they are in the process of getting it back.

The dealership had 2 on their lot. One vin number ended in "24" the other ended in "42". We purchased "42". When they went to prep the other TT they accidentally pulled "42". The other owner has now towed it ~250 miles to their home and state that they haven't done anything and it's just been sitting in their driveway. The dealer is planning on going out there to pick it up and return it to their facility and then hand it over to us.

I'm just not sure how to feel about that. I feel like I am now getting a used trailer. Am I over-reacting? What would you do?[/QUOTE]
Old 01-14-2021, 07:44 PM   #97

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAcamper29 View Post
Hi everyone!
We recently purchased a new Alpha Wolf 26dbh-l. We were scheduled to pick it up tomorrow, however, I just received a call from the dealership stating I can't get it tomorrow because they accidentally sent it home with the wrong family last week and they are in the process of getting it back.

The dealership had 2 on their lot. One vin number ended in "24" the other ended in "42". We purchased "42". When they went to prep the other TT they accidentally pulled "42". The other owner has now towed it ~250 miles to their home and state that they haven't done anything and it's just been sitting in their driveway. The dealer is planning on going out there to pick it up and return it to their facility and then hand it over to us.

I'm just not sure how to feel about that. I feel like I am now getting a used trailer. Am I over-reacting? What would you do?
Over reacting!!
Old 01-14-2021, 07:45 PM   #98

You are getting a used trailer and I would demand they order another brand new one.
Old 01-14-2021, 07:49 PM   #99

https://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=2476987

You’re good to go! Don’t worry about!!!
Old 01-14-2021, 07:51 PM   #100

Since it's the middle of winter, just wait a couple of weeks and get the brand spanking new one that is being delivered to the dealer
Closed Thread

Tags
accident, camper