Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2021, 02:26 PM   #1

Angry New Camper-Warrantee Claim Pending For A Month!

We purchased a 2021 Forest River Alpha Wolfe 26 DBH-L in June 2021. On August 13th with less than 3 hours travel time on it the wheel bearing failed causing a fire and stranding us on the highway. The camper was towed to Camping World, Conway, NH where we had purchased the camper. They submitted a warrantee claim to Alpha Wolfe on 8/16/21. Currently, a month later, the claim still says pending so the camper still sits on their lot awaiting repair. I have called Alpha Wolfe several times and left voicemails with no returned calls! Can anyone here help me get this resolved?
JMB2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 04:18 PM   #2

how big was the "fire".... if your handy replacing the bearing yourself will be much faster. if the "fire" was contained to the wheel might have to replace/re-wire the brake magnet too.
The local dealer here has a sign on their door that its 6-8 week wait for service..... good luck!
asr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:59 AM   #3
spooky

Call Forest River customer service yourself and find out the holdup. Most times I have and can get solutions done myself. Customer service very good there. I find camping world follow thru really bad.
rekaj321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:11 AM   #4

You might as well be prepared to exercise a lot of patience. Every manufacturer seems to be understaffed (no one will work with freebies rolling in), demand is super high, and getting parts is difficult to impossible many times.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:59 AM   #5
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr524 View Post
how big was the "fire".... if your handy replacing the bearing yourself will be much faster. if the "fire" was contained to the wheel might have to replace/re-wire the brake magnet too.
The local dealer here has a sign on their door that its 6-8 week wait for service..... good luck!
NO NO NO NO NO

We have to stop this kind of response -- can't get satisfaction, then just fix it myself. The industry will never improve their quality or customer satisfaction response if we keep taking the burden of quality and repair on ourselves. We have to, as a group (and not just FR) continually put pressure on the manufacturers to take responsibility for the units they are selling.

IMHO
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 08:19 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
NO NO NO NO NO

We have to stop this kind of response -- can't get satisfaction, then just fix it myself. The industry will never improve their quality or customer satisfaction response if we keep taking the burden of quality and repair on ourselves. We have to, as a group (and not just FR) continually put pressure on the manufacturers to take responsibility for the units they are selling.

IMHO
On the surface I agree however....The industry doesn't care, the dealers don't care since both are making money.
I see this as for less than $50 (potentially) and a few hours of time or wait for 2 months or more to not use the brand new "investment".

Also the OP could fix it themselves and submit reimbursement to FR....
asr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #7
Dahagen

If you took the camper to the place you purchased it less than 2 months ago, I would think that they would fix it under warranty and they can fight it out with FR later. Why would you be involved with a warranty issue with FR unless the damage was your fault?
dahagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 07:20 PM   #8

The fire got hot enough so that the brake axle etc. also needs to be replaced. Otherwise we would have replaced the bearings and continued on when it happened.
Old 09-16-2021, 07:21 PM   #9

That’s what I thought too. They won’t even order parts until Forest River approves the repairs.
Old 09-16-2021, 08:28 PM   #10

Well, get ready for it to take a while. I'm going on month #4 awaiting my slide out to be repaired under warranty to at Camping World. I don't think its really Camping World. I did have quite a pleasurable purchasing experience, and dealing with the service department really hasn't been bad other then the amount of time its taking to get stuff done. My parts are stuck somewhere in transit... For over two months now... Yea there has to be a point when its beyond a reasonable amount of time allotted for repair. There has to be some type of consumer rights even if its Recreation related! Months of non use / storage and insurance payments for it to just sit and get dirty in a service lot.

That had to have been a scary ordeal to go thru. Important thing is your safe. Shame this industry is really lagging with service.
2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn - 5.7 Hemi with 3.21 Gears
Max tow is 8500 LBS with 1788 Payload capability.
KJ6MTJ - John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:16 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ6MTJ - John View Post
My parts are stuck somewhere in transit... For over two months now...

My immediate reaction is NO...they are NOT "stuck in transit". You must ask to see all dealer correspondence with FR on your issue AND any parts orders. If that is denied CALL FR customer service yourself and tell them the dealer is blaming them for the problem and can they give you the order # and tracking number. Failing that ask for the warranty manager for your brand to speak to.

You need to take charge...not passively accept what CW is telling you.

They have an excuse for every issue one you've taken possession. (Not all...just far too many!).
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 06:48 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
You might as well be prepared to exercise a lot of patience. Every manufacturer seems to be understaffed (no one will work with freebies rolling in), demand is super high, and getting parts is difficult to impossible many times.
So true, last Oct. on our Snowbird Trek to FL, we had two major blow outs 200 miles apart!! Destroyed part of the Aluminum Skirt that goes around the whole camper, that skirt just arrived at our Dealer YESTERDAY!!! Almost one year since the blow outs (China Bomb Explosions)! Have fun waiting!!
nikita is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper