Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 08:17 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
New here - putting deposit on Rockwood 2306 today :)

We are so excited! Putting the deposit down on a Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 today. We are a family of 5. Our kids are 16, 10, and 9 months. First post here but have been reading and doing tons of searches! We just sold our popup 2 weeks ago and are moving up to the 2306. We will be towing it with our 06 Nissan Pathfinder. Glad I found this site - tons of info I hope the next 8 weeks go by quickly,,,

Danielle
poohbearntigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
punkaccountant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 367
Congrats on your decision and hope you like the 2306. We are a family of 4 and recently put our deposit down on the same unit. We're still waiting but can't camp in it now anyway so it's just as well. Make us a good one Forest River!
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #3
Newbie
 
pg_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 198
Cool, another expectant 2306 owner! Picking ours up on the 5th of March which, by the way, is only about 6 weeks from when we ordered it (we were told it would be 8 weeks). So, your wait may be shorter than you realized.

Where do you plan on camping? Which options did you go with?
__________________
2012 Rockwood 2306
2007 Honda Ridgeline tow vehicle with Equal-i-zer and Prodigy P2
pg_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Jestercyco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 469
Congrats to all 3 of you guys. Happy Camping
Jester
__________________

2012 Super Crew 4WD 6.7 PSD
2015 Cardinal 3800 FL
2007 Road King Black Cherry-Hers
2007 Road King Blue-Mine
1979 FXS Hot Rod Shovelhead
Jestercyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
Thanks all!
We plan on camping this May in Ocean City, MD at Frontier Town. I loved it there when I was a kid and now my kids love it too. We will probably go to some state parks and I am sure a Yogi Bear Campground lol. As soon as Disney allows booking for next summer, we are planning a trip to Fort Wilderness We are so excited!

The options that we ordered were:
Gas oven
14 in. Alum. wheels (hubby wanted lol)
Tuscan cabinetry with wood-look floor.
Conv. package A

We will have to get the weight distribution hitch and power tongue jack when we get it home. We ordered from RV Direct and having it shipped to our home so they can't install those items.

I hope you guys post pics of your campers when they come in.
poohbearntigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
punkaccountant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearntigger2 View Post
Thanks all!
We plan on camping this May in Ocean City, MD at Frontier Town. I loved it there when I was a kid and now my kids love it too. We will probably go to some state parks and I am sure a Yogi Bear Campground lol.
Cool! We are camping at Assateague State Park at the end of May. That's just down the road from Frontier Town. We love the wild horses visiting our campsite. Make sure you toot if you see another Rockwood 2306 on the road.
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 06:26 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
I forgot all about Assateague State Park! I have wanted to go there but have never been. I hear it's beautiful. I am def. putting this on our list of places to go
poohbearntigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:13 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Aylesford,N.S. Canada
Posts: 10
Congrats on your new trailer. I am waiting for my new Rockwood Mini Lite 2503S
Erniem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearntigger2 View Post
Thanks all!
We plan on camping this May in Ocean City, MD at Frontier Town. I loved it there when I was a kid and now my kids love it too. We will probably go to some state parks and I am sure a Yogi Bear Campground lol. As soon as Disney allows booking for next summer, we are planning a trip to Fort Wilderness We are so excited!

The options that we ordered were:
Gas oven
14 in. Alum. wheels (hubby wanted lol)
Tuscan cabinetry with wood-look floor.
Conv. package A

We will have to get the weight distribution hitch and power tongue jack when we get it home. We ordered from RV Direct and having it shipped to our home so they can't install those items.

I hope you guys post pics of your campers when they come in.
Fort Wilderness is in my Neck of the Woods - that place is expensive - I had a buddy that worked for disney so got my site for half price when we stayed there - Nice place to stay though.

14" wheels are the way to go even if they are the upgraded to aluminum rims.

Gas oven here too - I use it to cook biscuits so we can have biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

I have Oak Cabinets with the wood look floor - the wood look floor is much nicer then the other IMO

I did not go with the Tuscan cause was afraid with my 5 year old if she wrote on the cabinets or I accidently scrape the cabinets with a bicycle it would be harder to do any scratch repairs.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
Fort Wilderness is in my Neck of the Woods - that place is expensive - I had a buddy that worked for disney so got my site for half price when we stayed there - Nice place to stay though.

14" wheels are the way to go even if they are the upgraded to aluminum rims.

Gas oven here too - I use it to cook biscuits so we can have biscuits and gravy for breakfast.

I have Oak Cabinets with the wood look floor - the wood look floor is much nicer then the other IMO

I did not go with the Tuscan cause was afraid with my 5 year old if she wrote on the cabinets or I accidently scrape the cabinets with a bicycle it would be harder to do any scratch repairs.

So you were able to get oak cabinets with the wood floor? I thought that was an option only with the tuscan cabinets...you make a good point about little ones and making marks....
poohbearntigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:30 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearntigger2 View Post
So you were able to get oak cabinets with the wood floor? I thought that was an option only with the tuscan cabinets...you make a good point about little ones and making marks....
When I bought mine - I thought the the same thing where the wood floor look was only an option with the Tuscan Door's and found out that wasnt the case - it was like a $250 upgrade though for the wood look floor and kept the Oak Cabinetry unlike the Tuscan Upgrade at the time was like $1,000.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:36 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
one suggestion for the new 2306 Owner's to be

Get a tube or two of Dicor Self Leveling Lap Sealant and go over the seams in your roof and also where the Antenna wire comes into the roof, about a month or so after I took delivery of my camper I noticed I had a small amount of condensation on some of my cd's in the cabinet by the TV - after inspection I found the Cable and putty had seperated and was allowing water to come into my trailer - I cought it where there was no damage and you would never know that any water got in.

Also check those wheel bearings to make sure they are not loose - I had one become loose - was an easy fix but better to catch it before it comes an issue on a long trip. I now carry a spare set of bearings and grease seal just in case if one fails I can do an emergency repair on the side of the road or help someone that is stuck as well.
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #13
Newbie
 
pg_rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
Also check those wheel bearings to make sure they are not loose - I had one become loose - was an easy fix but better to catch it before it comes an issue on a long trip.
How do you check them? Are you talking about ensuring they're packed with grease, or something else? My experience with wheel bearings on my motorcycles is that they're not a serviceable item unless you completely remove the wheel, and then the bearing.
__________________
2012 Rockwood 2306
2007 Honda Ridgeline tow vehicle with Equal-i-zer and Prodigy P2
pg_rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by pg_rider View Post
How do you check them? Are you talking about ensuring they're packed with grease, or something else? My experience with wheel bearings on my motorcycles is that they're not a serviceable item unless you completely remove the wheel, and then the bearing.
Yes on making sure they have grease in them as well as making sure they are tight. These bearing are not sealed like a motorcycle and are servicable.
to check them you would need to jack the wheel off the ground and give it a little tug - if you notice any plan they will need to be tightened until no play is felt but do not over tighten them or there will be trouble as well. I guess after owning a few trailer's and replacing bearing and races on the hub's as well as new axles you learn the in's and out's of them which really isnt all that hard if you are a handy person
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
punkaccountant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearntigger2 View Post
I forgot all about Assateague State Park! I have wanted to go there but have never been. I hear it's beautiful. I am def. putting this on our list of places to go
Assateague is a must, especially, if you like horses! They are wild and go everywhere on the island. Check out these pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01690.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	10565   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC01516.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	10566  
punkaccountant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #16
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkaccountant View Post
Assateague is a must, especially, if you like horses! They are wild and go everywhere on the island. Check out these pics.
Beautiful! I checked reservations online and the park is filled...at least sites with electric...summer dates are pretty booked. You must have to book far in advance. We will def. go there....absolutely beautiful...

Those with the 2306...what size ball for the hitch? Is it a 2"?

Thanks
poohbearntigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearntigger2 View Post
Beautiful! I checked reservations online and the park is filled...at least sites with electric...summer dates are pretty booked. You must have to book far in advance. We will def. go there....absolutely beautiful...

Those with the 2306...what size ball for the hitch? Is it a 2"?

Thanks
No - 2 5/16" ball.

What hitch are you planning on getting?
I have the Equalizer with sway control and weight distribution - have had zero issues once it was setup correctly to what I carry
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:41 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
its a 2 5/16th Ball
I had to re-verify the ball size to make sure
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
its a 2 5/16th Ball
I had to re-verify the ball size to make sure

Thank you!

I talked to the husband - we are doing the equalizer WDH with sway control as well. I can't wait! It'll be nice to go camping and if it rains, not have to worry about putting away wet canvas! It seems like it always rained with our popup. We'd have to come home and pop it back up to dry out...We did enjoy the camper - just not that part. Anyway...thanks everyone for the welcome and the advice
poohbearntigger2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #20
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Harrisburg, PA
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbearntigger2 View Post
Thank you!

I talked to the husband - we are doing the equalizer WDH with sway control as well. I can't wait! It'll be nice to go camping and if it rains, not have to worry about putting away wet canvas! It seems like it always rained with our popup. We'd have to come home and pop it back up to dry out...We did enjoy the camper - just not that part. Anyway...thanks everyone for the welcome and the advice
Good choice. That's the hitch we got on our 2306, and it works well. Also good call on the 14" wheels. Mine came with 13" wheels, but in hindsight I wish I had gone with 14" wheels.

Your crew of five should be fine in the 2306, but a rainy day at the beach might just push a few of your buttons. Assateague SP is beautiful but, as already noted, it books up fast and most of the sites are non-electric. The national park, as I recall, has no electric.

Enjoy your new 2306. We love ours.
Regards,
Greg
Gkconfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2306

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20 PM.