Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2013, 07:40 AM   #1
Adventurer

New home for Rooby

HOA said no campers in the driveway. Decision....store camper in a lot or move. We chose the latter and Rooby (and the rest of the rest of the family) has a new home and we no longer have an HOA.

Next steps. Convert 20 amp circuit on post that is on the left side of Rooby to a 30 amp and create a connection to my septic system so I can empty the tanks at home when needed.

Any tips for connections to septic greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3322144733.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	34246   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2080456224.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	34247  
Local Ohio CGs - West Branch SP
4kmprs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
Camper Less Camping

Old 07-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #3
Broken Toe

The head gruppenführer of my HOA had tried (amongst other things) to tell my I could not park my RV at my home. I less-than-politely informed him of things he could do with sand and his posterior. There's no rules prohibiting a lot of the stuff that sets him off, but that doesn't stop him from telling people that they can't do this or that. He once told me that my big, inflatable Homer Simpson Santa Claus was too "tacky" for the neighborhood and that "all the other homeowners agreed" with him that it has to come down.

He dont even wave at me anymore after the response to that one.

tim

"Camper" 2016
Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss
"Casper" 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie Diesel
..ProPride 3P Hitch - "Yeah. It's worth it."
Cowracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowracer View Post
The head gruppenführer of my HOA had tried (amongst other things) to tell my I could not park my RV at my home. I less-than-politely informed him of things he could do with sand and his posterior. There's no rules prohibiting a lot of the stuff that sets him off, but that doesn't stop him from telling people that they can't do this or that. He once told me that my big, inflatable Homer Simpson Santa Claus was too "tacky" for the neighborhood and that "all the other homeowners agreed" with him that it has to come down.

He dont even wave at me anymore after the response to that one.

tim
Then I think you should uphold being a good neighbor and give him the one finger wave when you pass by him!
FoCoNoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #5

Nice move! Find the nearest clean out to your rig and tap into it. That would be the easier way but you can also go direct to the septic system if it is closer.
chiefly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4kmprs View Post
HOA said no campers in the driveway. Decision....store camper in a lot or move. We chose the latter and Rooby (and the rest of the rest of the family) has a new home and we no longer have an HOA.

Next steps. Convert 20 amp circuit on post that is on the left side of Rooby to a 30 amp and create a connection to my septic system so I can empty the tanks at home when needed.

Any tips for connections to septic greatly appreciated.
Do you have an above-ground access to the drain line? If so rather than the expense of tying into the drain you might consider a macerator for your tank drains - either permanent or a portable unit. These macerators will pump the waste up to about 50' though a 3/4" garden hose.
Taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote