Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 10:06 PM   #21
Hot Dog Slayer

Not only is it a new trailer, but it sounds like a new marriage.........don't you know you're always wrong when the better half is involved!

As far as the debate goes, I'm on your side.

I will never make the bed and then fight to put that cover over it just so the sheets don't come off when driving around.

I'd rather wait until I got there and then put the bed together.

Me, personally, I would use that as a mattress cover to keep it clean and then put my other sheets on top.

Oh wait a minute...........ya my wife just said I was wrong too, and she can't even see this post.

2016 Forest River Microlite 21DS

2019 Ram 1500 Pearl Red Limited
Old 06-24-2020, 10:20 PM   #22

Pendleton

We took the bedspread off and use a wool Pendleton Blanket for the bedspread. We live in Spokane,Wa. nights can get cold especially at Glacier and Yellowstone!
Old 06-24-2020, 10:46 PM   #23

Useless, pretty much.

That cover look nice when itís covering your mattress. But,,,when you put on sheets and bedding, it doesnít fit. I folded mine into a nice square, tacked down the corners and my puppy sleeps on it. He likes it.
Old 06-25-2020, 06:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell 2020 View Post
To us, it’s only a cover we use when in storage.
We have a four inch memory foam mattress over the thin one that came with our Trailer. It is beyond comfortable.

I believe it is a cover also. Our trailer came with one that matched the room decor. We don't use it and instead have s bed spread.

We use a 2" memory foam over the mattress that came with the TT and it is also very comfortable. Used the same memory foam mattress in our previous TT for about 5 year.

Old 06-25-2020, 07:44 AM   #25

X2 what OscarsMom2 said. Its a dust cover so the mattress is protected and looks finished when on the sales lot. We put it over the bedding for protection when traveling and in storage. Like that it doesn't hang to the floor and get in the way like a bed spread. Enjoy that TT.
Old 06-25-2020, 02:55 PM   #26

I see that type of cover in most rv’s I look at in dealerships. Can you imagine the number of sweaty smelly butts that have tried out that bed? Dump it in the garbage. Wear gloves.
Old 06-26-2020, 11:49 PM   #27

Yep. It is a cover/bedspread. We took ours out as soon as we got home, folded it, and put it in a closet, never to be seen again.
I think itís just for show on the dealerís lot.
Old 06-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
Your wife is correct.
Yup, wife is correct. IT's is like bedspread the goes on top of the sheets/blankets.

BTW - the mattress that comes with campers are JUNK!! And don't even think about adding a foam mattress topper 'cause as they say "You can't polish a turd"

Throw the factory excuse for a mattress in the trash and go to a furnature store and purchase a good mattress..........or get a Sleep Number system.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:00 PM   #29
PhD, Common Sense

I keep seeing folks complain about the mattress that came with their camper. This is our fourth season with the mattress that came with our r-pod. I love it. Just firm enough, just soft enough.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:06 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Podder View Post
It's just a cheap bedspread. Substitute your own if you like and use that one for something else.
I just canít process the logic of it being a bedspread if itís fitted on all four corners...🤷*♂️
Old 06-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #31

Do yourself a favor and replace the original mattress with a memory foam mattress. I could not sleep on the brick that came with our Shasta TT. We spent $800.00 on a new memory foam mattress and we both love it. Super comfortable. Worth every penny.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:27 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geobound View Post
Not only is it a new trailer, but it sounds like a new marriage.........don't you know you're always wrong when the better half is involved!

As far as the debate goes, I'm on your side.

I will never make the bed and then fight to put that cover over it just so the sheets don't come off when driving around.

I'd rather wait until I got there and then put the bed together.

Me, personally, I would use that as a mattress cover to keep it clean and then put my other sheets on top.

Oh wait a minute...........ya my wife just said I was wrong too, and she can't even see this post.
Lol, we have been married for 9 years, I’ve ALWAYS challenged everything that didn’t make sense. When she gets mad at me I like to remind her that SHE said “YES” hahaha
Old 06-29-2020, 08:36 PM   #33

I don't see a point to that? Where are your sheets or blankets going to go when traveling? Unless the windows are all left open and you can make your trailer sway between both lanes at high speed and maintain control, I can't imagine them moving.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:42 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Gunn View Post
Do yourself a favor and replace the original mattress with a memory foam mattress. I could not sleep on the brick that came with our Shasta TT. We spent $800.00 on a new memory foam mattress and we both love it. Super comfortable. Worth every penny.
Absolutely agree. We slept on ours twice and got a memory foam as well. It felt like I was sleeping on the floor with a blanket. I think our original "mattress" was 4" thick uncompressed at best and made of a super cheap material.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:54 PM   #35

Isnít the wife always correct?
Of course the answer is yes.
Old 06-29-2020, 08:57 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelhorsecowboy View Post
I don't see a point to that? Where are your sheets or blankets going to go when traveling? Unless the windows are all left open and you can make your trailer sway between both lanes at high speed and maintain control, I can't imagine them moving.
Exactly
Old 06-29-2020, 09:03 PM   #37

Remove it. Then add 2Ē foam topper and make the bed as you normally would.
That cover is for show, and keeps the mattress clean until it gets to you.
That is full size queen so you can easily replace mattress for a perfect fit, but my 19 FBS came with a heated mattress and works very well on cool nights and is quite comfortable with a 2Ē foam topper.
Old 06-30-2020, 04:32 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14apex View Post
+ Your Wife IS correct
Let me add to 14apex's VERY accurate statement...............Even when she isn't, your wife IS Correct. In this case she is precisely correct.

Any man who says he is the boss in his own house is not to be trusted............He will LIE about other things too!
Old 06-30-2020, 06:38 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
Let me add to 14apex's VERY accurate statement...............Even when she isn't, your wife IS Correct. In this case she is precisely correct.

Any man who says he is the boss in his own house is not to be trusted............He will LIE about other things too!
Whoa! Calm down tiger, letís stay on topic here. No need to attempt to question my integrity when you donít even know me, as well as others on here have sided with my logic as well.
I also never said I was the ďboss in his own houseĒ, I just said I always question things that donít make sense to me. In our household we donít live by ďhappy wife, happy lifeĒ, we live by ďhappy spouse, happy houseĒ
Old 06-30-2020, 07:09 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvb View Post
I just canít process the logic of it being a bedspread if itís fitted on all four corners...🤷*♂️
I hear you - but that's how most RV bedspreads are. Most are fitted on at least three sides.

We carefully packed the bedspread and matching pillow shams and throw pillows in a storage bin. If we ever want to sell, these items will still be new-looking when we pull them out.

By the way - there are also Latex mattress toppers. They are comfortable and (even better) they are "breathable."
Closed Thread