Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 07:56 AM   #41

Bedspread for sure.

We always remove the bedspread and pillows, put them in a space bag for storage in the house. Add a mattress topper for comfort and mattress protection. When you sell or trade-in this RV, you can put everything back and make it show like new!
Old 06-30-2020, 08:07 AM   #42

Replace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Podder View Post
It's just a cheap bedspread. Substitute your own if you like and use that one for something else.
I second that. We replaced ours and now use it as a cover/floor covering to prevent scratching for our dog crate.
Old 06-30-2020, 08:19 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by johninvb View Post
Whoa! Calm down tiger, let’s stay on topic here. No need to attempt to question my integrity when you don’t even know me, as well as others on here have sided with my logic as well.
I also never said I was the “boss in his own house”, I just said I always question things that don’t make sense to me. In our household we don’t live by “happy wife, happy life”, we live by “happy spouse, happy house”
It was meant as a funny..........to get a chuckle,.........Pity it didn't[ work on you!
Old 06-30-2020, 09:09 AM   #44

We use it as a covering for the "real" sheets and quilt during the day to keep them clean. We have a little Aframe so stuff gets thrown on the bed, we sit on it sometimes sweaty and marinated with bug spray.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:12 AM   #45

Bed Spread

That is just a bedspread for the bed to cover it all during traveling. We have a GeoPro with a murphy bed. We took the bedspread off and threw it away cause we had to store it every time we went to bed. It's so thin and light weight it's pretty much useless.

The mattress is not the best , but we put a 2" gel pad on it and it's a dream to sleep on now.
Old 06-30-2020, 09:16 AM   #46

Same new RV, we added this 2" foam topper, slept like a baby! We also used a Twin size "duvet" as there is no practical way to tuck a queen size in up against the front wall. And be aware, unroll the topper in the RV and it will take 48 hours for the packing creases to fill out...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-30-2020, 12:12 PM   #47
Sconnie

Ours was fitted on one end but not the top. We only used it once I think & then I bought a 3 inch foam pad to top the mattress & used sheets & a real quilt. I think that one they come with is just so it looks nice for the sales!
Old 06-30-2020, 02:57 PM   #48

I believe it is used to wrap your mattress in as you take it to the dump when you've bought a real mattress to replace it.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:14 PM   #49

Mattress cover or beadspread

That is you bedspread or aka comforter. Like others have said you will most likely have to buy an additional foam topper or a completely new mattress. I bought a 6" memory foam mattress from Walmart.com that is so comfortable. Be sure to get a short queen. If it hangs over the edges of the foundation the bottom of the corners will be cut and it will sag.
Previously owned: 2014 Vengeance 25V, 2011 KZ 184,
2011 DIY 7 x 14 Enclosed Trailer,
Motorcycle pull behind cargo trailer with tent
Old 07-01-2020, 04:55 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty31093 View Post
That is you bedspread or aka comforter. Like others have said you will most likely have to buy an additional foam topper or a completely new mattress. I bought a 6" memory foam mattress from Walmart.com that is so comfortable. Be sure to get a short queen. If it hangs over the edges of the foundation the bottom of the corners will be cut and it will sag.
X-2 on the memory foam.

We tried toppers and manner of things to make the original mattress more comfortable.

the 8" Memory Foam did the trick in both of our campers (Previous and current)
Old 07-01-2020, 02:56 PM   #51

I have had my share of bad mattresses with the different campers I have owned. The best mattress I have ever slept on is the one I have in my Cedar Creek, it’s a Trump mattress. I think the mattress is still made just under a different name. It sleeps better than the $2,000 dollar mattress in my home. It’s a king size mattress, I have to roll over twice to find my wife. I’m 6ft 4in tall and all the other mattress in campers I owned my feet would hang off the bed. I’m going to throw my couch away. I’m putting a new loveseat in the Creek and I’ll sleep in that when great granddaughter is spending the night with us.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:03 PM   #52

The standard mattress that came with my TT was a cheap joke.
Replace it with your favorite, quality residential mattress.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:17 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
It was meant as a funny..........to get a chuckle,.........Pity it didn't[ work on you!
I apologize as well, I was dealing with too many “Karen’s” the other day...
Old 07-02-2020, 05:36 AM   #54

Quote:
I apologize as well, I was dealing with too many “Karen’s” the other day...
That must be some sort f code, what is a "Karen"
Old 07-02-2020, 06:12 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by upflying View Post
The standard mattress that came with my TT was a cheap joke.
Replace it with your favorite, quality residential mattress.
Exactly as found out after first night in the camper. Bought a topper and still impossible as the foam topper made it hot to lay on and zero for comfort level.

Purchased a quality queen side Beautyrest mattress and all is good.
Old 07-02-2020, 06:38 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasReid View Post
That must be some sort f code, what is a "Karen"
Lol, here you go...
https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...Karen&amp=true
Old 07-02-2020, 09:16 PM   #57
Hot Dog Slayer

Quote:
Back in the fall on our annual family Thanksgiving camping trip I was sitting around with my brothers trying to save the world, and doing the usual complaining about work.

He had just finished telling me a story about a snarky client of his (legitimately named Karen), when I happened to be in the middle of a story complaining about a coworker named Karen.

Long story short my niece came in partway through my story and it ended with me saying "why are all Karen's such witches" (maybe not the exact words used).

My early 20's niece was shocked and impressed that I knew what "Karen" was.

I had no idea what she was talking about until a while later when I heard her talking to her sister about how cool her uncle was......although I don't think that cool was the word either?

Anyway I now wear that feather in my cap proudly, but haven't admitted that I stumbled on the Karen thing quite accidentally.

2016 Forest River Microlite 21DS

2019 Ram 1500 Pearl Red Limited
Old 07-02-2020, 09:20 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobound View Post
back in the fall on our annual family thanksgiving camping trip i was sitting around with my brothers trying to save the world, and doing the usual complaining about work.

He had just finished telling me a story about a snarky client of his (legitimately named karen), when i happened to be in the middle of a story complaining about a coworker named karen.

Long story short my niece came in partway through my story and it ended with me saying "why are all karen's such witches" (maybe not the exact words used).

My early 20's niece was shocked and impressed that i knew what "karen" was.

I had no idea what she was talking about until a while later when i heard her talking to her sister about how cool her uncle was......although i don't think that cool was the word either? :d

anyway i now wear that feather in my cap proudly, but haven't admitted that i stumbled on the karen thing quite accidentally.
🤣🤣
Old 07-03-2020, 07:33 AM   #59
Site Team

This thread has been closed as it has drifted from the original question to an argumentative discussion totally unrelated.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Closed Thread