Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 07:53 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ6MTJ - John View Post
Guess this is the new norm for dealership warranty repairs? Mine has been at C.W. since June 2nd and still waiting to get the Schwintek slide out replaced. Our one year of ownership will be this upcoming Labor Day. Lot on non-use days there. Paying for something that you cannot use...
My dealer is telling me now that they don't have to repair my defective fridge they replaced in April under warranty because the TT is no longer under warranty. Unbelievable! I can't work with GE on it because the dealer put in the GE and the invoice says it was an Everchill. Therefore no proof of purchase.
Old 08-24-2021, 08:18 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevemal View Post
My dealer is telling me now that they don't have to repair my defective fridge they replaced in April under warranty because the TT is no longer under warranty. Unbelievable! I can't work with GE on it because the dealer put in the GE and the invoice says it was an Everchill. Therefore no proof of purchase.

Your dealer is technically correct, but, the new fridge should be covered under it's warranty.

Won't the dealer give you a corrected invoice..... Of not contact the BBB I have had a lot of good luck with my local BBB.

Contact your state or gov rep. There is also a federal lemon law for rv's.
Old 08-24-2021, 10:04 AM   #63

I'm so tired of trying to use my brandy new TT just to have more issues every time I try. It's been 2 years now of not being able to enjoy it! Has anyone had any experience with KZ-RV? I'm ready to lose and just dump this POS!
Old 12-13-2021, 06:54 PM   #64

bought 2021 fr wildwood heritage glen hyperlite in january. stored it at dealer (grv) until pickup around beginning of march. the slideout harness was laying on tires. just the beginning. over time (up until now), the top slideout seal was torn, bed storage hinge screws stripped, toilet wouldn’t hold water, kitchen table bracket broke, slideout wood trim piece came loose, blind was put on crooked in bedroom, blind attachment clips for kitchen blind don’t line up, shower stall bowing out, strip entering bathroom bowed out, pinhole in main blind, wheel fender cracked at rivets, seal tape under camper coming off, propane cover rivets failed, slideout side seals torn, slideout piece fell and damaged floor. no lemon law for travel trailers in my state. been to dealerships 6 times now. camping world’s (not were we bought it) is doing warranty work now. they were the 4th trip to a dealer. dealer we bought off of was incompetent for the repairs..anyone know of a class action lawsuit or any recourse for this.
Old 12-13-2021, 07:05 PM   #65

Have you tried contacting the local media. One of our TV stations has a reporter that helps people resolve issues like this. They will contact the business about the issue on your behalf. Once the business knows they will get bad publicity on the local TV station, they are usually quick to resolve it.
2012 Ford F150 FX4 3.5 EcoBoost
Old 12-13-2021, 07:20 PM   #66

most things have been fixed. camper world is fixing the latest. my problem is when does this end. would like to make them buy it back
Old 01-04-2022, 08:45 AM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by worc1349 View Post
most things have been fixed. camper world is fixing the latest. my problem is when does this end. would like to make them buy it back

From my experience with my Grand Design and numerous issues, it ended about 1 1/2 years later when I sold it. Last RV I will ever own.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:03 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brewhedd View Post
From my experience with my Grand Design and numerous issues, it ended about 1 1/2 years later when I sold it. Last RV I will ever own.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:05 AM   #69

It doesn't end. Two seasons now without a refrigerator. The dealer did replace it with another defective one and told me I'm on my own now. Called GE and they were very responsive and sent a local tech out from an appliance repair company. He broke the light/thermostat cover trying to install it with a cordless drill and GE has discontinued the part. The thermostat he replaced didn't fix it and the control boards are also not available. Season 3 coming in a couple months. No more FR's for me.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:31 AM   #70
Site Team

Since the OP has not been back since originally starting this thread in August of last year and it has become nothing more than a vent thread with no requests for help, it is being closed.
Closed Thread

Tags
trailer